Sign in to follow this  
Zap

Injured Reserve Spot

If one of your players goes down for a period of time, you will have the option of placing him on IR until he is upgraded to QUESTIONABLE. This is the only feature that I have to monitor weekly, but I think it's worth the effort. A year ago we used two IR spots, and that was a little too much to monitor and only three of us ever occupied both spots. If you guys want two spots again, say so, and let's discuss. I'm neutral, but it is easier to check each week if there's only one.

Check each week? Yes. League Manager understands there's a wide variety of different leagues with different needs, so they leave this one for each league to decide upon, and each commish to monitor.

Here's OUR IR system. IF a player is on the real IR, you're welcome to put him in your IR spot, but he's done for the year and this isn't a keeper. :banana:

If a player is listed as DOUBTFUL OR OUT BY FANBALL, then he may be placed on IR. Players listed as QUESTIONABLE OR PROBABLE BY FANBALL may not be placed on IR in this league.

If a doubtful or out player on your IR is upgraded to questionable or higher, you have 24 hours from the time I post it to make a decision regarding said player. He can be moved to your active roster by dropping someone else, or he can be dropped. Should the upgraded player remain in IR after 24 hours, I will place him on waivers. We had no issues last year, and I only posted one note for a slacker all season.

More info:

Your dinged players will have a large P or Q or D or O next to their names. I do not consult NFL.com, I go by what Fanball/AOL is showing. Last year there were no issues with this either as Fanball kept up with the injury report as well as any.

Gameday upgrades are exempt from the process meaning your D or O on IR can stay there if he is upgraded prior to the game (the 24 hour thing kicks in the following day). Gameday downgrades may be used meaning you can quickly place a downgraded player in IR before a game and add a 26th player to your combined roster.

Why all the fuss over an IR spot in a redraft? Because I hate injuries, especially temporary ones, messing with my team management. You drafted these guys, you should have the opportunity to at least cling to one useless player until he's useful again. My .02.

If one of your players goes down for a period of time, you will have the option of placing him on IR until he is upgraded to QUESTIONABLE. This is the only feature that I have to monitor weekly, but I think it's worth the effort. A year ago we used two IR spots, and that was a little too much to monitor and only three of us ever occupied both spots. If you guys want two spots again, say so, and let's discuss. I'm neutral, but it is easier to check each week if there's only one.

Check each week? Yes. League Manager understands there's a wide variety of different leagues with different needs, so they leave this one for each league to decide upon, and each commish to monitor.

Here's OUR IR system. IF a player is on the real IR, you're welcome to put him in your IR spot, but he's done for the year and this isn't a keeper. :rolleyes:

If a player is listed as DOUBTFUL OR OUT BY FANBALL, then he may be placed on IR. Players listed as QUESTIONABLE OR PROBABLE BY FANBALL may not be placed on IR in this league.

If a doubtful or out player on your IR is upgraded to questionable or higher, you have 24 hours from the time I post it to make a decision regarding said player. He can be moved to your active roster by dropping someone else, or he can be dropped. Should the upgraded player remain in IR after 24 hours, I will place him on waivers. We had no issues last year, and I only posted one note for a slacker all season.

More info:

Your dinged players will have a large P or Q or D or O next to their names. I do not consult NFL.com, I go by what Fanball/AOL is showing. Last year there were no issues with this either as Fanball kept up with the injury report as well as any.

Gameday upgrades are exempt from the process meaning your D or O on IR can stay there if he is upgraded prior to the game (the 24 hour thing kicks in the following day). Gameday downgrades may be used meaning you can quickly place a downgraded player in IR before a game and add a 26th player to your combined roster.

Why all the fuss over an IR spot in a redraft? Because I hate injuries, especially temporary ones, messing with my team management. You drafted these guys, you should have the opportunity to at least cling to one useless player until he's useful again. My .02.

I know it would be a real pain with 2 spots but - my luck has always been bad I guess with players getting hurt. I think it would be nice to have 2 spots. I think its wonderful that there is one spot. I have no problems with the conditions of the IR. If I have a vote - I vote 2. If I am in the minority LOL 1 spot will be just fine.

Fine, I'll change it back to two. I needed them both with Bulger and Roethlisberger anyway. Not that it mattered. Garrard is this league's returning championsip game QB! :mad: