Sign in to follow this  
Super Monster Raiders

Addai or Williams

Pretty much a given that Bush will be gone after the first pick. I'm am on the fence with these two and I'm starting to fall towards Williams. My only reason thus far is a good Panthers running game.

Wrong board and wrong choices. Take Maroney

I gotta agree on both accounts. If you're determined to choose between Addai or Williams, go with Addai.

i was in the same boat as you, and i went with maroney hands down, and that was like a month ago before i actually got to see some game action. now that ive seen him, i love the pick.

what more can you ask for, playing behind a 33 year old RB, on a good team, with a good O-Line. and a coach that seems to like him, wants to get him involved.

when i was scouting, i originally thought williams. one thing that totally changed my mind was the scouting reports. williams 40 speed 4.55, height 5-9 weight 213. maroney 40 speed 4.45, height 6-0, weight 216. so when you break it down, maroney is bigger, stronger, and yes faster too. and consider all the above, id go maroney.

williams http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/williams_deangelo

maroney http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/maroney_laurence

maroney is going to be a stud within a year or 2 for the next 5+...

I think you can say the same thing about Williams if Foster falters or stays injury prone...

Addai is a crapshoot... Think JJ Arrington around this time last year... Less talented guy in a better position to immediately play...

I think Addai has the best shot at putting up RB1 numbers from the start, so I would take him. Nevertheless, Williams will have the starting job at some point, I'm guessing week 6, and he is also capable of putting some good numbers on the board. Unless Dillion goes down in the pre-season, Maroney will see limited touches this season.

I think Addai has the best shot at putting up RB1 numbers from the start, so I would take him. Nevertheless, Williams will have the starting job at some point, I'm guessing week 6, and he is also capable of putting some good numbers on the board. Unless Dillion goes down in the pre-season, Maroney will see limited touches this season.

he is in a dynasty league, it is probably important to know if his team has immediate RB deficiencies that would prompt giving up the future for the present

this is a dynasty league. who really cares about strictly this year. while it would be nice to get a guy who will step right in and be the man day one. however, there arent really any of those guys in this years rookie class. you have to look at the big picture. while addai probably has the best shot of puting up the best numbers this year, i would be willing to bet he wont be a long term factor. maroney is playing behind a 33 year old RB. its kind of been proven over the years, once an older RB gets an injury, they tend to keep re-occuring, i.e. corry dillon 2005.