Sign in to follow this  
adam smitty

What is the best spot to draft from this year?

It seems like it changes every year. I've aready done quite a few mocks and actual drafts and from everything I've seen, 3rd is the best spot. One and two are right up there and 11-12 not bad either. I'm really not a fan of the picks inbetween this year. What are everyone's thoughts on the best draft spots this year?

I would have to the top 3 picks. Having SA, LJ, or LT2 as your cornerstone provides a big advantage over all other teams' cornerstones. Also, you would be getting back to back 2nd and 3rd round selections which should still have decent value for WR, 2nd RB, or Gates.

I have the third pick myself. I ended up with Shaun Alexander, had my choice of all the RBBC guys but I took Droughns, then Bush with the turn. I like Droughns because he is consistent. He may not be spectacular but he is productive and he is the unquestioned starter.

Here is what I have so far from the three spot:

SA

Droughns

R. Bush

Roy Williams

Tom Brady

This is a non PPR league though.

In a PPR league I think the 9-12 is the best spot to pick. I have the 9th pick in a PPR league and I plan to grab Steve Smith and Fitz/Holt/CJ/TO whichever is still there. In the third/fourth/fifth I plan to grab the best available runningbacks. Unless there is a RB on the board that i just cant pass on, in that case I am grabbing him and the best available WR with the next pick.

Top 3 for sure. I don't like the 10th pick at all. Sometimes you get a good team but overall it can really suck. There are only 9 backs I would burn a first round pick on now.

Big 3

Portis

Tiki

Ronnie

S.Jax

Rudi

Caddy

I am not willing to gamble on the Edge. I know he likes money and I am concerned about thier line. I will let someone else take him. Jordan as well. The Raiders look like sh#t and I don't want him on my team.

I am tempted to taske S.Smith and Peyton with my first two if these guys are gone.

Top 3 for sure. I don't like the 10th pick at all. Sometimes you get a good team but overall it can really suck. There are only 9 backs I would burn a first round pick on now.

Big 3

Portis

Tiki

Ronnie

S.Jax

Rudi

Caddy

I am not willing to gamble on the Edge. I know he likes money and I am concerned about thier line. I will let someone else take him. Jordan as well. The Raiders look like sh#t and I don't want him on my team.

I am tempted to taske S.Smith and Peyton with my first two if these guys are gone.

I know exactly how you feel, but I can never force myself to take a QB before round 5. The RBs in the late first are usually pretty :wall: