Sign in to follow this  
avandradejr

To all my fellow 4th pick holders!

Oh the thrill of having the 4th pick...No to Tiki - Jacobs, age, and schedule will not allow him to repeat last year; still solid, but not worthy of 4th pick...No to Brown...Just not sold on him yet - maybe I'm wrong...Was ready to nab Portis, but even if come back feel 1-threat of reinjury to shoulder is high and 2-Betts will ligthen load. Like Tiki - still solid season, but too risky...I am going with my boy SJAX...Young / Featured back of offense focused on run / solid supporting cast / decent schedule..

My only problem is I wanted THolt in 2nd round, can't afford to studs with bye week the same..

Opinions????????????

Oh the thrill of having the 4th pick...No to Tiki - Jacobs, age, and schedule will not allow him to repeat last year; still solid, but not worthy of 4th pick...No to Brown...Just not sold on him yet - maybe I'm wrong...Was ready to nab Portis, but even if come back feel 1-threat of reinjury to shoulder is high and 2-Betts will ligthen load. Like Tiki - still solid season, but too risky...I am going with my boy SJAX...Young / Featured back of offense focused on run / solid supporting cast / decent schedule..

My only problem is I wanted THolt in 2nd round, can't afford to studs with bye week the same..

Opinions????????????

Assuming Holt is still there (he wasn't for me, but I got Ronnie in the second anyways)...what's wrong with having two studs with byes the same week? Sounds kinda idea to me. If they were all the best players available, I'd love having the whole starting roster having a bye the same week. Sure, you lose that one week, but you have a distinct advantage when you have your full team on the other weeks when other teams you're playing may have one stud with a bye. I wouldn't let byes affect your decision until you start picking your backups. Just get the guy you want.

T. Barber is contemplating retirement after the season, hopefully that means he has fully dedicated himself to running through NFL defenses one final time. Check out his stats from the past few seasons, imo, passing on him would be a huge mistake in this spot. My gut tells me that the ridiculous numbers of carries has caught up to LT, and Tiki will outperform him this season. The only problem with Tiki as the #4 pick, is the lack of a certified handcuff. I don't think Jacobs has what it takes to be an every down back.

Season Team Att Yard TD Rec Yard TD FFPts FFPts/G

2004 NYG 322 1,518 13 52 578 2 295.6 18.5

2005 NYG 357 1,860 9 54 530 2 303.0 18.9

If these numbers do not impress, the production you get out of Ronnie Brown/Jackson with this pick certainly will not.

Ummm, If he's going to retire (possibly) wouldn't the Giants want to break in Brandon Jacobs?

I think this info worries me now when I wasn't worried at all about Tiki in the first place!

:dunno:

i've got the 4th and i'm seriously considering Manning. Our scoring awards 6 pts for tds for all positions. I'm just having a hrd time seeing how any RB i pick at #4 will give me any advantage over the RB being picked at the 8-10 pick. I figure Manning could give me a 5-10 TD advantage over the next best QB. I know coming back I'll be stuck with Dillon/Foster/KJones type rb for my #1. I also get to keep Chester taylor which is no big consolation. i just think you have to seperate yourself somehwre this year and if you don't have a top 3 pick then youre not going to find that seperation at RB. And i know all the 'rules' and have been playing FF for 15 years. I used to draft QBS waaaay late and scoop up RBs and WRs but now it seems everyone does that due to all the info via the web. It feels like its time to reverse the trend if you want any advantage.

I would like to see some response to this idea as well. Do you think a combo of Manning and RB's that could be drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds from the 4 spot, could compete week in and week out?

I would go with Tiki, now with Portis banged up and I am not sold on Jackson this soon, for me Tiki is the closet thing to a sure thing.

Look at SJAx's game log from last year. He seems like a great RB, but obviously the offensive line in St. Louis sucks.

In 2 games vs. San Francisco, he managed just 88 yards on 35 carries.

Look at SJAx's game log from last year. He seems like a great RB, but obviously the offensive line in St. Louis sucks.

In 2 games vs. San Francisco, he managed just 88 yards on 35 carries.

Not to mention that DEF sucks. Sjax has decent hands but the Lambs aren't going to be throwing 5 yard dumps to SJax when they're down by 17 in the 3rd. It's not like SJax only got 250 carries last year because Faulk was extensively used in the offense. Faulk only got 65 carries total last year (4 a game), so everyone using "he's now the undisputed load carrying RB" as a line of reasoning are smokin rock. SJax only got 250 carries because the Rams can't hold a lead long enough to establish the run. If anything they're worse this year then they were last year so I'd temper my expectations.

Not to mention that DEF sucks. Sjax has decent hands but the Lambs aren't going to be throwing 5 yard dumps to SJax when they're down by 17 in the 3rd. It's not like SJax only got 250 carries last year because Faulk was extensively used in the offense. Faulk only got 65 carries total last year (4 a game), so everyone using "he's now the undisputed load carrying RB" as a line of reasoning are smokin rock. SJax only got 250 carries because the Rams can't hold a lead long enough to establish the run. If anything they're worse this year then they were last year so I'd temper my expectations.

Finally the voice of reason. Jackson was great the first quarter of each game last year, but by the 2nd, the lambs were down by 14 and started throwin. They will suck even worse this year. I wouldn't touch this guy in the first round at all. #4 pick will be Tiki for me.

I drew pick 4 as well. Ugh! What a dilemma. I would not hesitate to take Tiki at #4 except that we are conducting our initial draft for a keeper league, and Tiki is winding down. I gotta think about next season as well. Those of you who are backing Tiki over Jackson, would you still do so for my situation?