Sign in to follow this  
J5

How soon do you normally take your 3rd rb?

I play in a standard 3 starting wr non-PPR league and am keeping 2 rb's. How soon do you normally target your 3rd rb? Do you wait and fill out your roster or do you try and do it in the first couple rounds. I know alot depends on value but typically what do you do?

i think it depends on how the draft is going. if someone falls to you, you have to pull the trigger, IMO.

i've never played in a 3 wr league before. since you have no wr's, i'd say its essential you get at least one first unless a rb valued in the high 2nd round is still available. i'm assuming that's probably not the case, and after that the rest of the rbs have question marks. i say target the rbs you like and see what rounds they normally fall in. based on pure speculation, it seems like you should go wr, wr, then rb and get your 3rd wr later. you can always find value wr's off of waivers on a weekley basis.

depends on the flow, but 3-4 rnd if the right guy is there...

You are saying maybe you take your 3rd RB in the 4th and maybe the 3rd round????

How the 3rd even more so this year??? :banana: :banana:

I always get 3 RBs by the 4th round. What I take with the other pick depends on where I see value going into the draft.

RB/RB/WR/RB

or this year

RB/WR/RB/RB

For those laughing, tell me how many years you've had too many good, uninjured RBs on you FF team. Never would be my guess.

Yet, I always have too many WRs to choose from. Matchups are also easier to manipulate. Heck, sometimes I won't even draft a WR until round 6. This year I'll grab Holt or Johnson early and play matchups with my #2 WRs

Quite frankly, this is a great year to be picking 9-11.

I will have my 3rd RB by the 4th or 5th Rd. Apu said it best, I have never had too many RB's and constantly switch around my WR's come mid year. Of course, it depends on where you draft and what players drop to you. This year at the 3 spot I will have 2, maybe 3 RB's by the 3rd round.

I got Dunn in the 4th round last year (my 3rd RB) and I know Foster also went in the 4th. I think the latest should be the 5th round to get that 3rd RB.

Round 3 - Our league uses 2 RBs and a flex option that can be WR/RB/TE. Teams that play three RBs are almost always the top teams in the league. We have 15 player rosters, so I usually carry 2 QBs, 1K, 1DT, 4 WRs and 7 RBs. It may sound crazy, but having, depth and potential at the RB spot is essential.

I always get 3 RBs by the 4th round. What I take with the other pick depends on where I see value going into the draft.

RB/RB/WR/RB

or this year

RB/WR/RB/RB

For those laughing, tell me how many years you've had too many good, uninjured RBs on you FF team. Never would be my guess.

Yet, I always have too many WRs to choose from. Matchups are also easier to manipulate. Heck, sometimes I won't even draft a WR until round 6. This year I'll grab Holt or Johnson early and play matchups with my #2 WRs

Quite frankly, this is a great year to be picking 9-11.

Just last year.

LT, LJ, Lamont, Willie Parker, Ronnie Brown and Frank Gore (traded the latter two)

Just last year.

LT, LJ, Lamont, Willie Parker, Ronnie Brown and Frank Gore (traded the latter two)

Very fortunate.

But even with all those RBs you had trade bait. And I'm gueessing other owners were very needy at RB. So by being stocked at RB you can go upgrade your team.

If you had three good WRs, I bet the trade offers wouldn't have been as good for your WR3.

So again, you can never have too many good RBs.

Just last year.

With 12 team flex, I went LT2, Lamont, and W Dunn.

Same league, considering LT2, J Lew, and Rhodes/C Taylor

we just got our draft slots and I ended up with the #1 pick :blink: I was hoping for the 4th or 5th so i could go RB/wr/wr/rb depending on the draft and then get my 3rd in the 5th round or later. I might just have to go RB/WR/RB/WR/RB this year with the #1 pick :)

I got Mike Anderson as RB3 in the fifth, and LJ as RB4 in the 7th last year. I love drafting with people who rely solely on mags.

and LJ as RB4 in the 7th last year.

we have a cap of 4 rbs in my money league so everyone grabs starters. last year, going into the 12th or 13th round i decided it was long enough for me to wait on my 4th rb, everyone laughed at me for taking a backup...that backup helped me win $1000 :blink: