Sign in to follow this  
gator-raiders

Dynasty League Rookie Draft - Which RB - Urgent Help Needed

Please help me. I draft in 24 hours.

I play in a full keeper/dynasty fantasy football league. We only draft rookies/available free agents. Draft is 18 picks. League is 8 teams.

I have the #1, #2 and #5 picks. Another team has #3 and #4.

I am taking Reggie Bush #1 obviously.

My question is who to take at #2.

The team picking at #3 and #4 is not going to take Lendale White, which means Lendale White falls to me at #5 or I trade him.

QUESTION:

Please rank who you would take between Williams, Maroney or Addai for long-term keeper value (remember we are a full keeper league).

I am currently thinking either Williams or Maroney.

I have heard great arguments here for both.

Please help me as my draft is soon.

Thanks for the help.

And if you post a link, I will answer your questions as well.

Are you saying you'll take LenDale White with the 5th pick, and then later on in the draft you hope to get one of those other 3 guys? I'm just a bit confused. If that's true, I'd recommend reconsidering. I think all 3 are better options than White. I'd probably go DeAngelo Williams, either Addai or Maroney, and then LenDale White. LenDale isn't winning friends in Tennessee and it's not the best place for a RB to produce. Addai's in a killer situation if he gets to start over Rhodes. Many think he'll win that spot at some point this season, but I'm not sure. But if he does, he's in a great position in Indy to produce. Maroney's apparently been real impressive and will likely get 10-15 carries a game, although I think Dillon's still the starter and probably goalline back. DeAngelo just needs Foster to break down and then he should be golden. Carolina's a good spot for a RB because of good defense and a steady offense centered around a good running game. And they have one of the easiest strengths of schedule in the NFL for RB's. But, it all depends on Foster getting hurt. But since we're talking keeper league, it seems inevitable that all of these guys will get their chance. If that holds true, I think DeAngelo and Addai have the best opportunity to be outstanding.

Good luck. Please see mine, thanks.

Bush #1. Then I personally would take Maroney. I think this will be Dillon's last season and next year the job is his. Addai is also very solid though, but Rhodes will still be there the next couple of years and same with Foster and DWilliams.

With your #5 pick I wouldn't be married to LenDale White either. I might take a look at Vince Young. He might have fantastic long term keeper value!

See Mine!

Are you saying you'll take LenDale White with the 5th pick, and then later on in the draft you hope to get one of those other 3 guys? I'm just a bit confused. If that's true, I'd recommend reconsidering. I think all 3 are better options than White. I'd probably go DeAngelo Williams, either Addai or Maroney, and then LenDale White. LenDale isn't winning friends in Tennessee and it's not the best place for a RB to produce. Addai's in a killer situation if he gets to start over Rhodes. Many think he'll win that spot at some point this season, but I'm not sure. But if he does, he's in a great position in Indy to produce. Maroney's apparently been real impressive and will likely get 10-15 carries a game, although I think Dillon's still the starter and probably goalline back. DeAngelo just needs Foster to break down and then he should be golden. Carolina's a good spot for a RB because of good defense and a steady offense centered around a good running game. And they have one of the easiest strengths of schedule in the NFL for RB's. But, it all depends on Foster getting hurt. But since we're talking keeper league, it seems inevitable that all of these guys will get their chance. If that holds true, I think DeAngelo and Addai have the best opportunity to be outstanding.

Good luck. Please see mine, thanks.

No, I said that I have 1, 2 & 5 in our rookie draft, and White is the odd RB out at #5.

So I take it you would go with Williams at #2?

I would go with Maroney also with the #2 pick. I too think he is a Blue Chip NFL back all the way, and think he will be the Feature back by next year. He could still end up being the most productive back on the team by the end of this year. Williams may still be competing with Foster next year, but with Foster's injury history it could come sooner than later. You never know. I like Maroney on a gut feeling.

As far as the #5 pick. I wouldn't get too worked up over White. I think he has bust written all over him. He's shown that he has an additude/ego problem with his training camp antics, and word is he's already not a very popular guy in the locker room. Not to mention that his work ethic is in question with him being out of shape pre draft, when he should have been showing off his talents. Also this is likely Jeff Fisher's last year. Who knows what the future brings in TEN. too many question marks for me.

Assuming that the other team takes the remaining 2 backs from the Williams, Maroney, Addai trio, then yes, White might be the next best back on the board. You might have to take him anyways. I would seriously flirt with the idea of taking a QB like Lienhart with the 5 pick. He looks like a sure thing, will probably be the starter by next year, and has one of the best receiving groups in the league. You'll already have 2 of the top rookie RBs with your 1&2 picks, why not take a chance on a future franchise QB rather than a guy that has bust on his forehead? Especially if you already have some decent RBs on your roster from last year.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=222322

Thank you everyone.

Please keep the advice coming.

The first two - one said Williams and the other Maroney.

That is my dilemma.

I need to hear from more of you.

I will answer your questions if you answer mine.

Thanks.

Thank you everyone.

Please keep the advice coming.

The first two - one said Williams and the other Maroney.

That is my dilemma.

I need to hear from more of you.

I will answer your questions if you answer mine.

Thanks.

I would take D. Williams. I know it sounds crazy....But, I would consider Leinart also. K Warner is very fragile.......

Long term you take Addai. If he can do what Edge did, you have possibly the best rb in fantasy!

Maroney is a nice option, but NE doesn't use their backs like the Colts will.

GL

At #2 it must be Maroney or D. Williams

If you are looking next year, I think Maroney could be the starter in NE - If looking down the road D. Williams will be RBBC with Foster for a few years or until Foster gets hurt again. I say Maroney

At #5 it is tough to say not seeing your roster. I would pass on White since you will have Bush & Maroney/Williams. Trade down to 6 or 7 if possible and snag a QB or Vernon Davis or just take the one you like at #5. Who knows, I've seen Addai fall to #5, so I wouldn't trade until you get to your #5 pick if you like Addai.

At #2 it must be Maroney or D. Williams

If you are looking next year, I think Maroney could be the starter in NE - If looking down the road D. Williams will be RBBC with Foster for a few years or until Foster gets hurt again. I say Maroney

At #5 it is tough to say not seeing your roster. I would pass on White since you will have Bush & Maroney/Williams. Trade down to 6 or 7 if possible and snag a QB or Vernon Davis or just take the one you like at #5. Who knows, I've seen Addai fall to #5, so I wouldn't trade until you get to your #5 pick if you like Addai.

I am already getting Davis at #6.

I am set at QB.

Addai is going at #4 to the same team that has #3 who is taking the remainder from Maroney/Williams at #2.

I think that I will go with Maroney.

Thanks.