Sign in to follow this  
CantTouchThis

Shallowest RB class ever

It may not be the shallowest ever, but, there are soooo many question marks past the top 3(even the top 3 do, not as much). Plus, after say Ronnie Brown/Westbrook, it drops off bigtime. Really after #12, it is a crapshot.

I was always a firm believer in the RB-RB strategy. This year there are too many question marks and too big of a dropoff after the first round. Why take a shot at say KJ, JJ, or Willis(though, if Willis is there, i may snatch him up), when you can get Harrison, TO, or some other top knotch WR. Then, in the 3rd, pick up someone like the Jones's if they are still there, maybe Dunn, Ja.Lewis.

I like the WR/WR or MANNING/WR combo for the first two rounds .... especially this year!

I've won 3 out of 4 past years with that strategy ... Culpepper/Moss for two years and then McNabb and Smith last year (but also lucky to p/u Warner after McNabb went down ... oh yeah, picking up LJ late in the draft sort of helped).

But you can pickup top notched WRs and then come back in the 3rd/4th with Willie Parker or Chester Taylor, Jamal or the Jones'.

I wish I knew my pick ... don't know until the day of the draft :(

GOOD LUCK :banana:

I agree 100% I am in the 12 spot, and I am having a hell of a time with it. I think I will end up with Cadillac AND Edge or Westy, but would it be a better tandem with Cadillac and Smith? What a draft this is going to be.

I will have to win the draft in rounds 4-8.

Get one rb and draft the best available player, which most likely is a wr.

There's a lot of talk on the bored about taking RB/WR or WR/WR with your first two picks. Are any of you worried about getting burned by owners taking RB/RB/RB in the first three rounds, before you pick up your second RB or possibly your first RB?

I'm thinking that because there are only a few top rb's not in a rrbc, if you can get two with your first two picks you better. I have the 8th pick and hope to get a couple of good #1 rbs like brown, Rudi, edge etc. Let the owners with the first picks panic and reach for questionable rbs and leave me with some decent wrs... I don't know how it's going to play out but it's going to be a very interesting draft.

I love going RB/WR this year and then getting the best available in the 3rd and then the value RBs in the 4th and 5th. Seems like Foster and Chester Taylor are available around that time, even FWP. I've used basically the same strategy in all my drafts so far.

Yeah, i would deffinently get an RB in the first though. If I get say the 7th pick, i will probably get a solid #1 like Jackson or Edge. You NEED a solid #1 RB, i think that is a must in FF.

See, with Manning, Manning will average around say 24 ppg. In the 7th, you can get a QB like Bledsoe or maybe McNabb, Eli, some solid QB like that that will average between 18 and 20 ppg. That is a 4-6 ppg dropoff in 6-7 rounds. Manning would be awesome to have, but, i think it is best to wait for a QB.

I have a question with Carolina...who is the feature back?? Foster and DeAnglo would both be a top 10-15 back if they were the feature. If is going to be a full blown RBBC??? If so, that sucks, i think the Panthers should try and trade one of those young burners. Also, what is going on in Green Bay, is Ahman the starter again???

Yeah, i would deffinently get an RB in the first though. If I get say the 7th pick, i will probably get a solid #1 like Jackson or Edge. You NEED a solid #1 RB, i think that is a must in FF.

See, with Manning, Manning will average around say 24 ppg. In the 7th, you can get a QB like Bledsoe or maybe McNabb, Eli, some solid QB like that that will average between 18 and 20 ppg. That is a 4-6 ppg dropoff in 6-7 rounds. Manning would be awesome to have, but, i think it is best to wait for a QB.

I have a question with Carolina...who is the feature back?? Foster and DeAnglo would both be a top 10-15 back if they were the feature. If is going to be a full blown RBBC??? If so, that sucks, i think the Panthers should try and trade one of those young burners. Also, what is going on in Green Bay, is Ahman the starter again???

Foster is the clear cut starter. Right now it looks like Williams is purely a backup and injury insurance for Foster. Just another reason why I love getting Foster in the 4th round.

Foster is the clear cut starter. Right now it looks like Williams is purely a backup and injury insurance for Foster. Just another reason why I love getting Foster in the 4th round.

Sweet, that is the only reason i could see why Foster wasn't a 2nd round pick, i guess it's because people are stupid i guess.

I was planning on going WR/WR from the 12th slot (out of 12 teams) but Portis fell to me at 1.12. I did pick up Steve Smith at 2.01.