Sign in to follow this  
Zangief

Steve Smith or Chad Johnson?

Smith was better last year, but Chad is more consistent over his career. (3 straight years 90+ catches). Smith has some (allegedly minor) injuries and has more of a history of injuries. Chad is in an offense that relies more on the QB, and there are some question marks with Palmer.

I don't think you can really argue anyone else over these two. So which one would you prefer?

Smith was better last year, but Chad is more consistent over his career. (3 straight years 90+ catches). Smith has some (allegedly minor) injuries and has more of a history of injuries. Chad is in an offense that relies more on the QB, and there are some question marks with Palmer.

I don't think you can really argue anyone else over these two. So which one would you prefer?

both have concerns, hammy, and QB, but steve smith is da man

Maybe I overlooked Holt, but I think he has question marks as well. This isn't going to be the same kind of offense as in years past. Carolina and Cincy should run things the same as last year, don't think that is true of the Rams.

Holt

Fitz

CJ

Smith

thats exactly my top 4. however, this year, there isn't one guy that is capable of going first round. in years past, people always took Moss or Owens late first round. i can't see doing it this year.

Maybe I overlooked Holt, but I think he has question marks as well. This isn't going to be the same kind of offense as in years past. Carolina and Cincy should run things the same as last year, don't think that is true of the Rams.

One of the biggest differences on the Rams offense will be Linehans preference for passing near the goal line. His offenses have led the NFL in pass attempts within the five yard line since he became offensive coordinator for Minny. St. Louis won't attempt as many passes overall as in the recent past but they'll throw enough.

Over the last two years, here are the totals: (SSmith didn't play in 2004, so I used 2003 and 2005 for him).

SSmith - 197 rec., 2733 yards, 21 TDs (19 rec, 1 rush, 1 punt ret.), 38 plays of 20+ yards.

CJ - 192 rec., 2706 yards, 18 TDs, 33 plays of 20+ yards.

Holt - 196 rec., 2703 yards, 19 TDs, 36 plays of 20+ yards.

It's kind of a wash. Flip a coin. Steve Smith has two years in which he's gotten serious playing time. In 2003, he didn't start right away - he started the last 11 games. So to say that Smith hasn't been consistent is a little misleading. He has gotten better each season. He was completely out for the 2004 season, so people tend to think he's inconsistent, but so far, he's a receiver on the rise.

Your right now he has Linehan meaning more deep balls see chanbers last year

Put me down for Fitz as the #1 WR on my board. Check out his crank score.

But I think you can make an argument for Smith, Holt, CJ, Harrison, or even the most popular man in America.

TO