Sign in to follow this  
steelers2101

Ronnie Brown or Edge

Just looking for arguments either way. Brown isn't proven but Edge is switching to a team with a much worse o-line. They both have easy schedules, but Edge's playoff schedule includes Seattle and Denver.

No ppr in this league. I figure Edge is safer, regardless of Arizona's o-line.

I am in the same boat. Debating between these 2 and SJAX. Looking at everything I am leaning towards Ronnie Brown. Edge kind of scares me with that atrocious o-line he has and Ronnie has a very nice schedule.

I am in the same boat. Debating between these 2 and SJAX. Looking at everything I am leaning towards Ronnie Brown. Edge kind of scares me with that atrocious o-line he has and Ronnie has a very nice schedule.

Edge's schedule is equally nice.

Also, o-line rankings and impressions are based on the numbers put up behind them. Remember, they had Shipp and Arrington running last year. Their o-line will "be" better with Edge. Also, Brown is unproven. He did fairly well last year, but who's to say he'll be as good (i.e. as efficient) with more carries. Also, Miami's o-line is as bad as Arizona's.

I could just see Brown getting ignored at times because he's young. He hasn't earned the right to get almost every carry, and you know Culpepper will steal a few goalline TDs. Edge won't be ignored, he'll get his carries.

Either way it's a tough call.

Edge = experienced veteran who's proven he can do it time and again.

RBrown = sophmore RB who shared carries last year that everyone speculates is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Take Edge.

RBrown = sophmore RB who shared carries last year that everyone speculates is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Take Edge.

That's exactly my thinking in leaning towards edge. Brown may have more upside (or he may not), but he definitely has greater downside.

Take Edge.

well, I wouldnt exactly call him unproven.

He started a handful of games last year, and got close to 1000 yards.

this is better than about 1/3 of the starters out there who dont share carries. and if he starts 2 or 3 more games, he would likely have been in the top 1/3 of rbs.

caution is still to be used a bit cuz hes still a young player, but with the numbers I've seen and the games I've watched, I think hes the real deal.

if its a keeper league, I'd take brown.

if its a redraft league, I would say that they will have comparable numbers this year, so take the one you like better.

I gotta go with Brown. I enjoyed hiim since watching him at Auburn. He is due for a big season.

dennis green will use edge as his workhorse....20-25 carries a game and plus the goal line carries...go with edge....i did...

Disclaimer: AZ homer

AZ's o-line was decimated by injuries last year. Word is that Leonard Davis is looking like a pro-bowler (finally) early on. Plus they have a new o-line coach who is supposedly a big upgrade, but new is new, and they've struggled some early on.

That being said, looking at both it is very close. I'm concerned about Brown (I have him in my keeper league btw) because he has Culp stealing some goalline scores, and he has yet to be the lone guy in either college or the pros. Can he take the pounding?

THAT being said, I'd probably still lean Brown, because Saban will run more, and Green has yet to show that he will commit to pounding the rock after early game failures. For some reason he doesn't seem to understand that rushes are the equivalent of body blows in boxing. :dunno:

For sure Brown in a keeper league. But then again, neither of them would be available.

this one's not real hard....take the guy NOT running for the league's worst rushing attack.

Wow....didn't know you doubled as Mrs Cleo. This is great news...you not only know which 2006 team will have the worst rushing attack, but maybe you can help with some lotto numbers for this week?

Thanks Mrs Cleo - that'd be swell!

:dunno:

Come on Solo - don't be so lazy as to fall back on the "company line" here...you and I both know that having the "two headed monster" of Shipp/Arrington can't be pointed to and used as evidence why a true stud RB like James won't do well.

That's just poppycock. By that hindsight forecasting, you probably also think the world's flat and that educated women are witches who should be burned at the stake?

:oldrolleyes:

That said, I agree with the above poster. From what I've read about Brown, he's the real deal - he's gained some weight, and his speed/cutting ability has improved as well. Reports from Dolphins camp/homers are that he's hungry and works hard, and that he's in for a big season.

That said, he's not without risk - he was unproductive in the 2nd half of last year, his QB is coming off major knee surgery and the backup is Joey Harrington - not exactly a guy who can sustain drives and keep RBrown in 1st downs.

Edge is older and not as exciting. He doesn't have a 4th gear, and isn't likely to be a home run threat in the open field. But he's durable as hell, plays in an offense with the best WR tandem outside of Indy, and he's a proven workhorse that Denny Green will lean on. Granted, he has the same QB risk, but Warner is not coming off of major reconstructive knee surgery 10 months removed.

It's somewhat of a coin toss, but I'd take Edge if he's there for me. Personal preference.

See Solo, I can make a better case for Ronnie Brown than you, and I'm recommending Edge...all it takes is a little effort. Guess you're saving your strength for your week 1 matchup against me. :banana:

i will take Edge slightly over Brown.

just because he is proven ......

i just hope i dont have this scenerio come draft day ...... :dunno: