Sign in to follow this  
bay area fan

3rd pick in 12 team league - Alexander or Barber?

I have a tough decision. I think the first two picks are going to be LJ and LT. Leaving Barber and Alexander as the two next choices.

With the same line from last year it would be a no-brainer for me with Alexander, but now that Hutch left the Seahawks, is Alexander the right choice? Barber is actually projected with the second best FP total by a slim margin over LT and Alexander.

I don't like the idea of picking Barber only because there are better defenses in his division, and the fact that he doesn't get many touchdowns, and he is 31. The Seahawks play SF and STL twice and seem to have better match-ups.

Looking for some insights that might help me make the best decision.

Thanks in advance!

NO brainer!!!

Shaun is your man!!!!

Dont worry about the line, they filled it in. He is the MVP and will be in the running this year!!!

Alexander without a doubt!

The loss of Hutch is not as big as some make it out to be. Don't forget that SA still has Walter Jones and Mack Strong leading the way on the left side. The addition of Burelson will also help open up the passing game for Shaun.

Just updated my projections and Shaun is actually listed 5th behind LJ, tiki, LT, and lamont Jordan.....

You guys still think Shaun is the way to go? MVP doesn't mean squat when your best O-line guy just walked.

I know he was the man last year, but what about this year? At the end of the year i want to feel like :dunno: , not :clap:

Go with Alexander still. Projections dont mean that much, ask the guys that took Peyton Manning #1 overall last year when he was "projected" to throw 50 TD's again. SA is consistent and Seattle has a great offense that he is the focal point of. He has no immediate competition at his position and gets all the goalline carries. Tiki meanwhile is getting on in years and is often taken out in goalline situations and Jordan plays in Oakland for God's sake. Look at it this way, at the end of the year would you rather be disappointed that you took Alexander and he failed to produce for the first time in his career, or kick yourself that you let him pass you by and score another 30 TD's while Tiki plays like a 31 year old and Oakland falls apart again? Project that lol.

Please see mine

my link

This is one of those "have some balls" picks. Take Alexander. I have no balls.

Tiki is a risk at #3, but not a big one. Your breakdown on him is right on the mark:

I don't like the idea of picking Barber only because there are better defenses in his division, and the fact that he doesn't get many touchdowns, and he is 31. The Seahawks play SF and STL twice and seem to have better match-ups.

Individual matchups are something that sometimes get overlooked. I tend to think that the loss of Hutchinson will make a difference, but checking the Seahawks Website kind of paints a different picture....They're not going to throw some slouch in on Hasselbecks blind side. The line should be OK.

Just updated my projections and Shaun is actually listed 5th behind LJ, tiki, LT, and lamont Jordan.....

I'd like to see these projections....I'd be surprised to see someone taking Lamont in the top 5. It would seem to me that his stock would be falling right along with the rest of the Raiders....

Alexander is still your man. The guy they brought in to replace hutch is pretty good.

Alexander will still put up big numbers. They just wont be the overwhelming numbers that he had last year.

Tiki Barber is also at that age where RB's hit the wall. and hes not as durable (in my opinion)

I think last season was, and will be, the best of his career. He will never have another season like this.

Take SA and dont sweat it. Its a no brainer.

You have got to be kidding. SA should be the #1 overall pick. You are crazy if you let him go to #4. Take him at #3 and watch Tiki's tds go to Jacobs.

NO brainer!!!

Shaun is your man!!!!

Dont worry about the line, they filled it in. He is the MVP and will be in the running this year!!!

:cry: