Sign in to follow this  
waliguy

Middle rounds make your team

I'm sick and tired of the threads of the top 10 RBs.

Let's say you're in a 12 team league. Every team usually gets 2 RBs in their first 5 picks (assuming probably also a QB, top tier TE, and couple of receivers).

So now you're in round 6. Some teams may have gone with 3 RBs by now, but there's basically RBs ranked 25-37 left to choose from.

According to today's ranker, here they are:

Jamal Lewis

Thomas Jones

Kevan Barlow

Tatum Bell

Ahman Green

Chris Brown

Kevin Jones

Fred Taylor

Chris Perry

Mike Bell

Deuce McAllister

Mewelde Moore

DeAngelo Williams

Cedric Benson

Samkon Gado

Marion Barber

Dominic Rhodes

Shawn Bryson

Ryan Moats

Mike Anderson

Cedric Houston

Mike Alstott

Verron Haynes

Laurence Maroney

Who are you targeting as 6 RBs that are the best of the rest? Remember, for the most part this is your THIRD RB on your roster.

Here are mine, in no particular order -

Thomas Jones - starter at this point, proven he can carry the load, and Benson is in the doghouse.

Kevin Jones - in that system, he should be able to get some points.

Mike Bell - the upside is too great to not consider him a great 3rd RB on the roster.

Barber - Tuna loves him. JJ won't make it a whole season.

Rhodes - starter. Next year will be JA's turn, but not this year.

Maroney - BB will find a way to use this talent. I think Dillon does well, but Maroney gets some between the 20s.

You make your team with rounds 6 through 10. Let's discuss some mid-tier players on this thread, ok?

Jamal Lewis

Thomas Jones

Kevan Barlow

Tatum Bell

Ahman Green

Chris Brown

Kevin Jones

Fred Taylor

Chris Perry

Mike Bell

Deuce McAllister

Mewelde Moore

DeAngelo Williams

Cedric Benson

Samkon Gado

Marion Barber

Dominic Rhodes

Shawn Bryson

Ryan Moats

Mike Anderson

Cedric Houston

Mike Alstott

Verron Haynes

Laurence Maroney

According to today's ranker, here they are:

Jamal Lewis

Thomas Jones

Kevan Barlow

Tatum Bell

Ahman Green

Chris Brown

Kevin Jones

Fred Taylor

Chris Perry

Mike Bell

Deuce McAllister

Mewelde Moore

DeAngelo Williams

Cedric Benson

Samkon Gado

Marion Barber

Dominic Rhodes

Shawn Bryson

Ryan Moats

Mike Anderson

Cedric Houston

Mike Alstott

Verron Haynes

Laurence Maroney

These are the top 25??????? :thumbsup:

The only guys I could trust as my #3 RB are

Thomas Jones

Ahman Green (barely)

Fred Taylor + Greg Jones later in the draft

Jamal Lewis

& maybe Mike Bell (he could have a Quentin Griffin type bust though....)

You've got to also consider getting 2 guys in the same backfield at that point...

D'Angelo/Deshaun, Addai/Rhodes, etc.

Good thread. And I agree these are more important decisions than the first 2 RBs this particular year.

Jamal Lewis - Why? Why not?? A good defense and an improved offense. A year removed from injuries and legal issues. And probably the easiest to handcuff with a late pick.

Kevin Jones - He's looked pretty solid this preseason. The offense should be much more productive this year. But I'd honestly be surprised if he fell this far. I think he's tied w/ Jamal for tops of this list.

Fred Taylor - A great talent. Worked very hard this offseason and even shed 10 pounds. Obvious durability issues. And has a tough handcuff w/ Greg Jones - you'll need to spend a pick quickly in order to handcuff. But his handcuff has good potential to produce if Taylor goes down.

The Bells - One of these two should shine in Denver this year because, well, it's Denver. I have no idea who, but right now I'm leaning towards MBell. Shanny just doesn't like TBell and I don't really care why. But if you can get both, you should have a definite producer at some point this season.

Thomas Jones - I'm not convinced he's the starter. Management seems determined to make Benson the starter. But Jones is talented and can carry the load. Again, a handcuff is almost necessary, so you'll have to spend two picks in quick succession.

I like Jamal Lewis and Kevin Jones because you don't need to sacrifice another early pick to handcuff them. But, otherwise, this is the year of the handcuff. In many cases, if you have one RB from a team, you better have the other one. No more waiting until Round 12+ to handcuff your potential studs...

Thomas Jones - I'm not convinced he's the starter. Management seems determined to make Benson the starter. But Jones is talented and can carry the load. Again, a handcuff is almost necessary, so you'll have to spend two picks in quick succession.

His value soared IMO when guys on the team ratted out Benson for leaving the sideline. He would be number 1 on my list easy.

Don't like KJ.

I think, at round 6 in the draft, it's all about choices between a certain "tier" of RBs to fill out your team. You make you team in rounds 6-10.

You KNOW you'll need RB3 over the course of the year (bye week, injury, flex)

So it needs to be a pretty reliable producer position, albeit the more the better.

I could go with the Jamal Lewis pick as well...as my third RB, I'd be pretty comfortable, and could easily handcuff very late.

The other player to consider is Tatum Bell. Here's why: Write the guy off as the starter right away. Assume Mike Bell get's that job, or Dayne, or whoever! WHO CARES?! Shanny has already committed to giving TB a certain amount of carries each game. You know he's gonna play. Isn't that a pretty decent position to have anyway?

thomas jones - he did it last year and the bears players hate benson

chris brown - he bulked up and if he doen'st play well, he will lose his job

mike bell - just a feeling, don't know why

marion barber - parcells digs this guy and jj's mangina will be hurting in week 2-3

dominc rhodes - he is one of peytons best friends and he has a 1000 yd season under his belt

here are my picks

i actually drafted brown bell and barber in my 14 team redraft

i got brown in the 5th bell in the 7th and barber in the 10th

Or, you just get lucky!

We're in the middle of an on-line draft, since Tuesday night (unlimited time between picks).

I ###### you not, At #4 I got LJohnson and at #17 LJordan, at #24 JJones, at #37 PBurress and #44 RDroughns.

Only problem, my first 3 picks are all on a bye in week 3. But the value was just too good to pass.

Later I got Fred Taylor (10th round) (he could have a BIG year, finally)

We're in the middle of round 11 and I just took Keyshawn Johnsons.

First round was crazy!

Manning at #2, Palmer at #7 and Brady at #9

The only player I like from your list:

the rookie in NE - he'll take over for Dillon half way through and will propel a lot of owners into the postseason.

Assuming you are playing with competent individuals, I seriously doubt that K. Jones, J. Lewis, M. Bell, and T. Jones will be available in round 6. K. Jones has been going in the 3rd, the others in the 4th. Although Antsports lists Bell and T. Jones with ADPs in round 6, I've seen them go much earlier recently.

J. Lewis's average yard per carry have declined over the last 3 years.

2003 5.3

2004 4.3

2005 3.4

Something to think about.

2003 was the 2,000 yard year

2004 Year after 2,000 yards so obviously his numbers were lower + injuries

2005 just got out of jail and probably wasn't %100 the whole year

I think we can witness his numbers goin :banana: this year

You guys are selling me on Jamal Lewis....I could see that.

I think depth at a 3rd and 4th RB makes your team solid. You don't need a bruiser (because that's what RB1 and RB2 are for), but you need depth.

Kevin Jones might not be there at 24, you're right. But sometimes guys reach for a rookie as their third back.

His value soared IMO when guys on the team ratted out Benson for leaving the sideline. He would be number 1 on my list easy.

Don't like KJ.

Talent always wins over attitude. Be careful.