Sign in to follow this  
flatidea

PPR league... McGahee or Dunn?

Scoring for league: Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; bonus 5 points at 100 yards); Receptions (.5 per catch); Reception Yards (20 yards per point; bonus 5 points at 100 yards); TDs (6)

Little draft info: I'm picking 6th.

Currently I have Dunn in the 13th spot for RBs ahead of but in the same group as Parker and McGahee. I'm almost ready to vault him over Portis. Am I overvaluing him? I'm pretty sure I can get Dunn in the third round (ADP 3.12), it's not like I'll lose my mind and reach in the 2nd, but it will shape my second pick since I'll go for a top of the line WR then if one is available (Holt, Smith, C Johnson).

Helping me out there is that there are two donks picking below me (1.9/1.11) so I'm confident that 2 of their 4 picks will be players I don't even want.

So I guess what makes more sense here?

SJax, Chad Johnson, Dunn

or

SJax, McGahee, Wayne

Thanks Geeks! (and I mean that in the best way possible) :thumbsup:

I'd go with Sjax, Chad, and Dunn

Scoring for league: Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; bonus 5 points at 100 yards); Receptions (.5 per catch); Reception Yards (20 yards per point; bonus 5 points at 100 yards); TDs (6)

Little draft info: I'm picking 6th.

Currently I have Dunn in the 13th spot for RBs ahead of but in the same group as Parker and McGahee. I'm almost ready to vault him over Portis. Am I overvaluing him? I'm pretty sure I can get Dunn in the third round (ADP 3.12), it's not like I'll lose my mind and reach in the 2nd, but it will shape my second pick since I'll go for a top of the line WR then if one is available (Holt, Smith, C Johnson).

Helping me out there is that there are two donks picking below me (1.9/1.11) so I'm confident that 2 of their 4 picks will be players I don't even want.

So I guess what makes more sense here?

SJax, Chad Johnson, Dunn

or

SJax, McGahee, Wayne

Thanks Geeks! (and I mean that in the best way possible) :pointstosky:

Uh, Willis had 1,200 yards last year, fifth in the AFC. The Falcons drafted Norwood for a reason. Go Willis and don't look back.

Uh, Willis had 1,200 yards last year, fifth in the AFC. The Falcons drafted Norwood for a reason. Go Willis and don't look back.

:mad:

Besides Willis has to run 'cuz Losman can't throw. :mad:

I had the 6th pick and took SJax, T. Holt, and W. Dunn. I think SJax, C. Johnson, and then Dunn should he be there would be a strong start. Sure, Willis is a good pick, but I worry that opponents will consistently put 8 defenders up close and dare Losman to throw the ball, thus limiting McGahee's room to run. Atlanta, the league's top running team last year (of course, with Vick's stats mixed in), now has a rookie backing up Dunn, who they say will be used more near the goal line this year. Injuries aside, I think Dunn will produce more than McGahee this year. Norwood was a good pick-up for Atlanta, in that Dunn is aging, but I doubt we see much of Norwood this year unless Dunn is injured.

I commission a very respectable 12 team league and from what I am hearing, there is no way that Dunn gets out of the second round. He has clearly leaped over guys like Chester Taylor, Kevin Jones, and maybe even McGahee. Portis is dropping like a cold stone.

Willie

I commission a very respectable 12 team league and from what I am hearing, there is no way that Dunn gets out of the second round. He has clearly leaped over guys like Chester Taylor, Kevin Jones, and maybe even McGahee. Portis is dropping like a cold stone.

Willie

I agree. My league is PPR and I don't see him getting past the middle of the second round.

I took McGahee and passed on Dunn in my draft on Saturday. My league is not PPR (PPR admittedly changes things), but I think McGahee will out-perform him this year. There are three main reasons I passed on Dunn:

1) Last year was a career year for Dunn

2) He will supposedly be getting the goal-line carries now, but I'm not sure he will be able to do much with them (he's so small - 180 pounds - there's a reason they weren't giving him goal-line carries). These extra carries might result in a few more TD's from him (and more FG's for Koenen, incidentally), but I think it will wear him down as well.

3) He's getting to the age (31) where some RB's begin to lose production (his size makes him more of a risk here too, I think)

Granted, there's no guarrantee that McGahee will bounce back, but I felt he had more upside (my leagues a keeper league as well).

good points.

I'm starting to think about moving Willie Parker ahead of both. Mistake?

I had Parker last year, and he was a real all-or-nothing kind of guy. I was never really sure what I was going to get. Also, last year, he didn't get many carries inside the 20, so he had to break long runs to get TD's. I'm not sure whether that changes at all this year or not (w/ Bettis gone). Maybe someone who has watched their preseason games would know better.

I don't think I would rank him ahead or either, but maybe that's just me.

10 team league, 1st three picks were:

cadillac

portis

dunn

to get him in the 3rd, i was like :banana: .

I had Parker last year, and he was a real all-or-nothing kind of guy. I was never really sure what I was going to get. Also, last year, he didn't get many carries inside the 20, so he had to break long runs to get TD's. I'm not sure whether that changes at all this year or not (w/ Bettis gone). Maybe someone who has watched their preseason games would know better.

I don't think I would rank him ahead or either, but maybe that's just me.

Pitt, was going after Duckett too, so they cant be too happy with FWP inside the 20.