Sign in to follow this  
wgrace8888

Donald Driver Top 5 receiver?

Am I missing something? I just don't think that Brett Favre will be that prolific.

I sure hope so, as I have him in my most important league. In truth, I'd be really pleased if he was in the top ten WRs at year's end--a more reasonable goal.

Am I missing something? I just don't think that Brett Favre will be that prolific.

I think it has more to do with having the #1 WR being the only option. Somebody has to catch passes and since Farve can wing it, Driver is his only known option.

Driver seems to be moving up on just about everyones radar!......top#5 I don't know! but he might be a good grab if he is still around for your 3rd pick or so............. :banana:

Driver has established a real connection with Favre.

He can open a lot and when he can't he'll catch the fastball that Favre throws into a tight spot.

He has been very consistent the last four years despite landing on his head a few years ago.

I got him mid-5th, but I almost took him mid-4th.

In a non-Packer homer draft, you should be able to get him later than that.

His name is just starting to pop up, but an excellent choice of a WR, great for a WR2, put if you can grab him as your WR3 you are in great position.

Love Driver as a #2 WR. In a competitive 12 man league the best you're going to do for a #2 WR is Plaxico, Hines, A Johnson, D Mason, E Kennison, etc. Driver is the only one of the bunch that is the clear cut #1 target in a pass oriented offense that will likely be behind in a lot of games.

Over the past two seasons, Donald Driver has recorded the third-most receiving yards in the league. His total of 2,429 during that span trails only the Bengals’ Chad Johnson (2,706) and the Rams’ Torry Holt (2,703).

is he a top 5 WR? you could certainly make a case for it.

Over the past two seasons, Donald Driver has recorded the third-most receiving yards in the league. His total of 2,429 during that span trails only the Bengals’ Chad Johnson (2,706) and the Rams’ Torry Holt (2,703).

Agreed. It's funny how he's always written off. He's a steal in most drafts.

Great point. And to get that kind of consistent production in the 4th round....is amazing. He one of the guys I want most on my team, he should be huge. I wouldnt be suprised if he put up 1300 yds / 9-10 tds.