Sign in to follow this  
Erb047

Jets fans

:rolleyes: no action from Patrick Ramsey NOR Cedric Houston last night? I didnt catch the game so I'm going off nfl.com but not seeing anything from them. Clemens appeared to have a horrible game, but Blaylocks stats look alright.

Anyone have the scoop?

Houston... why? Barlow's going to be the starter, and probably the only RB on that team worth picking up at all, even then I have my questions about Barlow's value because that team's going to pass all year because they're going to struggle mightily. I don't think that you would have to draft Houston and could pick him up off of waivers, although you might have some schmuck thinking that Houston would beat out Barlow in spite of the fact that they traded for the dude with the huge contract. Houston's a descent player but he'd probably be much better off on any other team.

Owners would have to be in a dire situation to depend on a Jet offensive player this year.

Owners would have to be in a dire situation to depend on a Jet offensive player this year.

Ever hear of things like a "sleeper" or a "value pick". Discussing stuff like this and getting the scoop on guys that are flying under the radar are what wins you championships.

Houston... why? Barlow's going to be the starter, and probably the only RB on that team worth picking up at all, even then I have my questions about Barlow's value because that team's going to pass all year because they're going to struggle mightily. I don't think that you would have to draft Houston and could pick him up off of waivers, although you might have some schmuck thinking that Houston would beat out Barlow in spite of the fact that they traded for the dude with the huge contract. Houston's a descent player but he'd probably be much better off on any other team.

I'm not so sure by the start of the regular season Barlow will be the guy. Blaylock appears to be fully recovered from his injury and actually has looked pretty good, for a Jet RB. :angry:

Honestly though, I have serious doubts that any Jets RB will have much fantasy value this year. Maybe a 1-week bye fill-in. Otherwise, I'd probably take my starters handcuff before depending on a starting Jet RB. :blink:

In the last few weeks I have shed C. Martin, Houston, and L. Washington from my squad. Still holding onto Blaylock, but chances are he will be the next to go. Before you blast my RBs, those were/are just bench players (LJ & Rudi) :blink:

Im not concerned fantasy wise really, I dont and wouldnt draft a Jet this year. It just struck me as odd that they didn't get any snaps in the game, when Ramsey and Clemens are battling for the backup QB position and now Houston and Blaylock will most likely be battling for the backup RB spot...

Jets fan here. It sounds like Ramsey impressed the coaches at all. From everything I've heard Clemens has the backup job locked up. I was curious too why Houston got no touches. I thought he played decently last year after Martin went out. My only guess is that Barlow took his role as the featured, bigger back, and that they are going to have Blaylock be the change of pace back.

Or it could just be they wanted to give Barlow and Blaylock some reps and it just didn't work out for Houston to play. But as far as Ramsey goes I've heard he's looked pretty bad.