Sign in to follow this  
scherber830

Moroney over Dillon this year?

Read this today in the Minneapolis Strib. http://www.startribune.com/507/story/637948-p2.html

"Sometimes agents have a bad influence on a player, and some people close to ex- Gophers running back Laurence Maroney are convinced that one reason the Patriots' top draft choice didn't do well at the end of last season was that his agent was telling him to make sure he didn't get hurt. Maroney has beaten out Corey Dillon for the No. 1 running back spot with the Patriots, and his coaches are convinced he is going to be one of the league's most productive running backs."

It's from Sid's column, so the part about Moroney being No. 1 could be total nonsense. But it IS scary to think of Moroney last season with the Gophers going half-ass and still putting up the numbers he did. It kinda shows he wasn't all for the team in college, just looking out for himself, but to think Moroney could be even better than advertised makes me want to draft him higher.

Take it for what it's worth. But my prediction this year is that Moroney becomes the workhorse in New England.

Read this today in the Minneapolis Strib. http://www.startribune.com/507/story/637948-p2.html

"Sometimes agents have a bad influence on a player, and some people close to ex- Gophers running back Laurence Maroney are convinced that one reason the Patriots' top draft choice didn't do well at the end of last season was that his agent was telling him to make sure he didn't get hurt. Maroney has beaten out Corey Dillon for the No. 1 running back spot with the Patriots, and his coaches are convinced he is going to be one of the league's most productive running backs."

It's from Sid's column, so the part about Moroney being No. 1 could be total nonsense. But it IS scary to think of Moroney last season with the Gophers going half-ass and still putting up the numbers he did. It kinda shows he wasn't all for the team in college, just looking out for himself, but to think Moroney could be even better than advertised makes me want to draft him higher.

Take it for what it's worth. But my prediction this year is that Moroney becomes the workhorse in New England.

Seen that listed today... I thought it was amusing that a guy from Minn. was telling the story. This is being discussed in the Dillon thread as well.

I'm not buying it, but hey things happen......

at the end of last season was that his agent was telling him to make sure he didn't get hurt

Interesting...I thought college eligible players couldn't have agents until after their last game.

Dillon may still be the #1 but I think Maroney certainly has a chance to be a vulture grabbing some yards and TDs away from Dillon. Great for the Pats, but bad for Dillon owners. Not exactly RBBC but just as annoying. Maroney has the ability to pick up the blitz, that will certainly get him playing time.

I'm shocked that Sid could put down his maroon and gold pompoms long enough to put that together. That article is total garbage. Maroney is good because he is good.