Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

4 Board League draft results. FFToday members

Our board is the defending champion. Last year, we swept the league's best record, most total points, and had two members in the finals, where Ainsley beat phillybear.

After a lot of turnover, we have 3 new owners. The slow draft is finally completed for the members of our squad. Took a couple of weeks to get done.

16 team league. 4 members from each site. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/St, and one RB/WR/TE flex.

phillybear

Donovan McNabb

Ben Roethlisberger

Shaun Alexander

Kevin Jones

Brandon Jacobs

Derrick Blaylock

Maurice Morris

Roy Williams

Joey Galloway

Drew Bennett

Mark Clayton

Troy Brown

LJ Smith

Shayne Graham

Jacksonville D/St

Miami D/St

Texasmouth

Daunte Culpepper

Philip Rivers

JP Losman

Edgerrin James

Reuben Droughns

Michael Pittman

Plaxico Burress

Derrick Mason

Keenan McCardell

Marty Booker

Marcus Robinson

Heath Miller

Daniel Graham

Mike Vanderjagt

Seattle D/St

Arizona D/St

Know Doubt

Jake Delhomme

Aaron Brooks

Billy Volek

Matt Leinart

Lamont Jordan

Greg Jones

Justin Fargas

Marvin Harrison

Donald Driver

Donte Stallworth

Eric Parker

Corey Bradford

Jeremy Shockey

Olinde Mare

Pittsburgh D/St

St Louis D/St

Kilroy

Carson Palmer

Drew Brees

Willis McGahee

Julius Jones

LenDale White

TJ Duckett

Darrell Jackson

Terry Glenn

Reggie Williams

Hank Baskett

Brandon Stokely

Bryant Johnson

Randy McMichael

Jeb Putzier

David Akers

New England D/St

Glad you posted this. I'm also in a 16 team league and like to see the players you got. Love to know the rounds you got these players in. I like your team and Texasmouth. Also did you have the 1st or 2nd pick to get S.A

Thanks and Good Luck :blink:

Glad you posted this. I'm also in a 16 team league and like to see the players you got. Love to know the rounds you got these players in. I like your team and Texasmouth. Also did you have the 1st or 2nd pick to get S.A

Thanks and Good Luck :blink:

My draft went:

1.3 Shaun Alexander

2.14 Kevin Jones

3.3 Roy Williams

4.14 Joey Galloway

5.3 Donovan McNabb

6.14 Drew Bennett

7.3 LJ Smith

8.14 Brandon Jacobs

9.3 Mark Clayton

10.14 Ben Roethlisberger

11.3 Jacksonville D/St

12.14 Derrick Blaylock

13.3 Troy Brown

14.14 Shayne Graham

15.3 Maurice Morris

16.14 Miam D/St

I was very happy to see a quality RB at the end of the second round, where I chose Kevin Jones over Jamal Lewis. My biggest blunder was to take Drew Bennett instead of Chris Cooley. Since the two teams on the turn already had TEs, I figured I could grab Cooley at 7.3. Nope. Somebody grabbed their backup TE, while they only had one RB and two WR on the roster. I had to scratch my head over that one. I like LJ Smith, but not as much as Cooley.

I really loved my draft last year. This year, it's only OK. Nothing eye catching. I think it is solid but unspectacular.

Maybe some of the other members will chime in on the thread. I think we will all be competitive.

Just a note that the members of this league from the other boards suck. This was the slowest, least productive draft I have ever been a part of. There were DAYS where we were waiting on people. Totally lame.

I hope all of my picks work out so I can dominate this league and the dooshes from the other boards.

Looking at the drafts I think we dominated though. This was my first 16 team draft and it really went different than I expected. Looking back, maybe I should have taken someone other than Edge first........glad I didnt get Portis.

If my running backs look weak....we only have to start 1-2 RB so on their bye weeks I can start one more WR.

I also didnt mean to draft JP Losman but he has been playing pretty well lately anyway. Somehow he was still in my predraft and my other picks ran out except him, I honestly dont even remember putting him in there, must have been a left over from when I grabbed Rivers.

I know what you mean when you say the draft did not go as expected. This is my 7th year in a 16 team league and something surprises me every year. Having 16 teams most of the time 2-3 QBs go in the first round as well as 4-5 Wr's. Some years are different but most often it goes 10 RBs, 2 Qbs and 4 WR's in the first round. 16 team leagues change the way you draft thats for sure.

Good Luck. :banana:

not trying to bash my fellow FFTODAYers but the RBs on Know Doubt are just plain :mad:

someone might need to trade at least a marginal starter to him

not trying to bash my fellow FFTODAYers but the RBs on Know Doubt are just plain :mad:

someone might need to trade at least a marginal starter to him

Jordan, Harrison, Driver?

Yeah, those guys suck.

:lol:

since when are harrison and driver running backs

i dont know the rules of the league but if the teams must start two running backs tell me who he will start next to lamont

since when are harrison and driver running backs

i dont know the rules of the league but if the teams must start two running backs tell me who he will start next to lamont

Just need to start one RB, three WR, and one flex. Unfortunately, Greg Jones got hurt.

Jordan, Harrison, Driver?

Yeah, those guys suck.

:dunno:

No, he is pretty strong there, but I've been in a 16 team league the past 3 years, and starting 2 RB's is key to your success. Last year I botched the draft and only ended up with really 1 starting RB. Had to go with the 1 RB 4 WR combo and it just hurts.

No, he is pretty strong there, but I've been in a 16 team league the past 3 years, and starting 2 RB's is key to your success. Last year I botched the draft and only ended up with really 1 starting RB. Had to go with the 1 RB 4 WR combo and it just hurts.

I know that it is preferable to go 2 and 3, but I think that you just have to grab as many quality starters as you can in deep leagues, especially in the first couple of rounds, regardless of position. And the injury to Greg Jones really hurts. Can't foresee that.

looks pretty solid guys, i was worried you all had bad drafts until i reread the post and realized it wasn't a 12-team event. with that many teams you guys should be all set to rock and roll again this year. keep up the good work and bring it home again

KD :jacknicholsonvoice: "You want answers?"

FFTMembers :tomcruisevoice: "We want the TRUTH!"

It is hard to put into words how many RBs went in the first Three Rounds...

29 RBs to be exact, yes, 29 RBs in the first 48 picks!!!

By Round 1st(14) 2nd(7) 3rd(8).

Here's just the 3rd round and where picked(I'm 3.11)

3.04 Foster

3.05 Dunn(wanted him bad, but not bad enuff to take him at 2.06!)

3.07 Dillon

3.09 Fred T.(Freddy T this "early"??? !!!)

3.12 Gore(Yeah, thought I'd be "reaching" for him at 4.06)

3.13 Rhodes(Addai goes at 4.05 to the Gore Owner)

3.15 CBrown

3.16 Thomas Jones

Gee, no wonder on the chat board Owners were saying that they couldn't belive how fast RBs were flying Off the Board.

I wanted to Defeat my Division and tracked everyones starting lineups.

You can only start a RB and a Flex so why did Owners have 3 RBs after 5 Rounds???

All 3 Owners in my Division used 3 of thier first 5 picks on RBs and one used 4 of his first 6!!!!!

Again, you can only start 2 of them.

At 4.06 I was gonna freaking REACH for Ahman Green but figured he'd last till the 5th cuz everyone had 2 RBs by then. WRONG! I missed Green by 2 picks as he went at 5.09 and Deangelo Williams went before me at 5.10!!!

Am I wrong for getting another Starter in Delomme?

No, I'm not IMHO.

At 6.06 I was estatic to get Greg Jones and figured he'd get some PT.

I couldn't really get any "value" as by then I had my QB & TE already so I went with Jones over WRs such as McCardell, Coles & Drew Bennett. It would have made a nice trio of WRs with Harrison&Driver.

At 7.11 I reached for the 4th Defense Taken in this Draft. D/STs score a bunch so I got the Steelers after these went off the board before them. Bears(5.16) CAR {different team due to Trade}(6.01) Baltimore(6.13)

Again trying to get "value" as I missed A.Bryant who I am high on.

By the 8th Round RBs were really, really thin and I decided to get my backup QBs(QBs & Defenses score a lot when I looked at the Top scorers from last year, Farve was like the 30th Highest scorer in the entire league!) and some WR depth as I tried to stay away from injury prone starters.

Anyway here is what I'm up against. Here's my Division and thier Starting Lineups.

Team 9

QB Kitna

RB Cadillac

Flex Fred Taylor

WR RMoss

WR JHorn

WR IBruce

TE K2

K Stover

D/ST Philly

Team 10

QB Brady

RB Rudi J

Flex FWP

WR AJ

WR Coles

WR Givens

TE BWatson

K Vinitari

D/ST Indy(great value he got there)

Team 11 Know Doubt

QB Delhomme

RB LJordan

Flex CBradford

WR Harrison

WR Driver

WR Stallworth

TE Shockey

K Mare(missed Wilkens by one pick)

D/ST Stillers

Team 12

QB Bulger(only has Ferotte as his other QB)

RB DD/Lundi- taken at 8.05)

Flex Gore

WR Chad J

WR MClayton(TB)

WR Burleson

TE Troupe

K Wilkins

D/ST Washington

Ya'all should see this draft, it was like nothing I'd ever seen before!!!

I agree wholeheartedly with everyone's concern w/my RBs but I wasn't going to change my Draft Plan to taking freaking backup RBs in the 5th & 6th rounds!!!!

I admit I will have problems at RB(yes, I got Fargas later) but esentially Harrison IS my #2 RB.

I couldn't see anyone else on the board at 2.06 that had 1000+ yds and double digit TDs for the last 5-6 years. I thought it out and that was my thinking going into the Draft.

I wanted Marvin at that spot and hoped Dunn/Dillon/Droughns or JAM would creep back to me.

Yes, if I knew now what would happen then I'd probably have Gore instead of Driver and Horn instead of Shockey with a run of the mill TE taken later.

I don't mind this Lineup at all, I just have to hope somebody like Dayne or Stephen Davis comes cheap on the weekly WW.

I'm ready to ride with this lineup and figure Teams 10&12 are the Division's tough teams.

We also have a Doubleheader Week 11 so I was trying to factor that in as well.

I could write more but will answer opinions when I can.

Whew...

:jacknicholsonvoice: "I'm getting on a plane back to Cuba..."

Okay, lemme have it... lol.

Where are the rest of the teams? :first: