Sign in to follow this  
wak

RB - Which current backup will EMERGE in 06?

Every year it seems like someone emerges during the year and becomes a stud at RB. And in most years, there are multiple backs that emerge as legitimate #1 rbs. These are guys that started the season as a backup and helped carry FFB teams to a championship.

Remember???.....

2001 - Shaun Alexander : took over in week 2 after Ricky Watters broke his foot. 1600+ total. 16tds

2002 - Clinton Portis: started behind O. Gary & M. Anderson. Started 12gms, finished w/ 1600+ total 16 tds.

2003 - Dominick Davis: started final 10 games, averaged 100+ total yds w/ 8 tds.

2004 - Willis McGahee: took over for T Henry. started 11 gms, avg 100+ total. 13 tds.

2005 - Larry Johnson: We all know what happened.

If given the opportunity as the full time starter, the following players could have tremendous seasons....

L Maroney

R Bush

B Jacobs

J Norwood

D' Williams

Musa Smith

M Barber III

J Addai

C Benson

M Turner

Who will it be in 2006?

M. Barber III.

;)

If, (and a big if that is) the pieces fall into places with that big o-line and if T. O starts to click with Bledsoe, and he get's a ratio of 70/30 of the carries. His numbers could be outstanding, given his talent.

Gado, I guess he shouldnt count since he sort of did it last year until he got hurt.

I guess he would count. I was trying to list backs that are rookies, or have yet to be given any real chance at starting full time. One thing that most of them have in common is that they are playing behind an aging or injury prone starter.

I hate to be Mr.Obvious on this one, but DeAngelo Williams.

Deshaun Foster has got to be the most injury-prone starter in the league. So it's not a question of IF Williams will get an opportunity, but WHEN. I put the over/under at week 3.

Jerious Norwood.

The guy looks better than ANY rb I've seen this pre season. He's big, fast, strong, quick....he has all the tools. If Dunn goes down, Norwood will start and won't give up the job until he retires.

Norwood is almost as good of a running back as Vick!

wille parker should throw up some nice numbers this year

What a joke.....he'll be out as soon as Staley is healthy!

Oh wait....that's what everyone said last year!;)

What a joke.....he'll be out as soon as Staley is healthy!

Oh wait....that's what everyone said last year!;)

YOU mean the STALEY who will be cut from the team this week ? Or is there another bSTALEY we don't know about ???? :D

YOU mean the STALEY who will be cut from the team this week ? Or is there another bSTALEY we don't know about ???? :D

First....you did realize I was kidding right?

Second....I don't think he'll get cut. Possible, but I don't think so. He restructured his contract knowing that Willie was the starter, so for what they are paying him, he's worth the roster spot. Besides, they could trade him and get something before they would cut him.

But hey, who knows in the crazy world of the NFL.