Sign in to follow this  
patsfanjrb

If Branch is traded today who becomes the number one WR in New England?

Ben Watson's value goes up. Bam Childress is not big enough to make an impact. Troy Brown will be a nice possession receiver, but not really a guy in the red zone. Caldwell's value goes up a little, but he can't catch very well.

Look to Watson and Graham as guys to have, but forget the others as they will be too inconsistent. Don't forget about some guys who might get cut (Rogers?).

Ben Watson's value goes up. Bam Childress is not big enough to make an impact. Troy Brown will be a nice possession receiver, but not really a guy in the red zone. Caldwell's value goes up a little, but he can't catch very well.

Look to Watson and Graham as guys to have, but forget the others as they will be too inconsistent. Don't forget about some guys who might get cut (Rogers?).

Let me guess....you lost a sig bet? Wow, whoever you lost it to, they really put it to you!!

number one WR in New England = oxymoron

Brady loves to spread it around, always has, presumably always will.

Let me guess....you lost a sig bet? Wow, whoever you lost it to, they really put it to you!!

After the last two weeks, I was thinking of letting him redo the sig and make it even worse :lol: :thumbsup:

After the last two weeks, I was thinking of letting him redo the sig and make it even worse :lol: :thumbsup:

You may want to let the guy know its still Red Sox whether singular or plural. What the hell is a red soxs?

You do not want Graham until Watson gets hurt. He's an outstanding blocking TE. You have to think Branch will be back, but unbelievably I have a feeling it will be Troy Brown putting up the best numbers on the team, yet mediocre for fantasy. He even played QB last night!

Ben Watson's value does not go up. I don't think. When he's the focus of the passing attack, he might even slip. Who's going to take defenders away and draw double teams? Still, with Branch gone, he's the only Pats receiver worth considering, and still a top TE IMO.

Don't look at Graham as a guy to have. Unless your league awards points for blocking.

Even if Watson gets hurt, one of their two rookie tight ends will step into the role.

You may want to let the guy know its still Red Sox whether singular or plural. What the hell is a red soxs?

You do not want Graham until Watson gets hurt. He's an outstanding blocking TE. You have to think Branch will be back, but unbelievably I have a feeling it will be Troy Brown putting up the best numbers on the team, yet mediocre for fantasy. He even played QB last night!

I like the spelling errors in the sig. Shows what I am dealing with.

As far as Graham goes, I think that you are going to see the Pats running a ton of two TE sets. Teams are going to covering Watson with an LB and a safety over the top. The WR's do not warrant double coverage. That is going to leave Graham with some good matchups, especially in the red zone. With Fauria out of the picture, I think that makes Graham a half decent TE. Certainly nothing compared to Watson or anyone else, but a guy that will put up some Top 15 TE numbers.

That is my thinking, anyway.

ETA: Neither of the rookies is ready for prime time.

Pats homer here (assuming you are as well) - I believe they ARE going to be running a lot of two-TE sets, but I thin Graham is afeature blocker, not a catcher. In a 2TE/2WR set, Graham would probably be the 5th receiving option, if an option at all. I don't think he'll even approach top 15 numbers this year...he'll have maybe 10 catches all season. Just my prediction.

Remote controller has a good point, we don't know who'll be brought in if Branch gets traded.