Sign in to follow this  
seh2000

Anyone else thinking that...

Outside of the top 3 or 4 RBs, there seems to be many question marks and many teams looking to have possible RBBC. I think teams have seen it work in KC with Priest and LJ and most teams are stocking up with a couple decent RBs which could keep some load off the true number 1 to keep them more healthy down the road. Other RBs are in the first or second year with still no proven track record...lots of talent but they haven't put the year together yet.

So all that being said, do you think it may be the year to stray a bit from the RB load up early? I am still going with a RB in the first round (we get our draft order tmrw night - hate that! :thumbsdown: ) But I am wondering about venturing out more away from a #2RB so soon and go deeper at WR...?????

Just almost starting to think of the RB spot like the QB spot - if you don't get one of the top 3 or 4 - they are just about all the same...

Thoughts :thumbsup:

Depending on your league's lineup and scoring rules, no doubt you should consider WR's early. If you're in a league that must start 3 WR's and only 2 RB's, you may be better off getting two of the top 8-10 WR's if you can. I've seen success last year for those that drafted 2 stud WR's early while going for RB's in the middle rounds.

If you're drafting late in the 1st round, you're already looking at a RB in a committee situation, TD vulture or injury concerns. Go with 2 stud WR's and you can still get decent RB's in round 3 & 4. Up to you to choose which RB's though will achieve success that are available in the 3rd and 4th.

Outside of the top 3 or 4 RBs, there seems to be many question marks and many teams looking to have possible RBBC. I think teams have seen it work in KC with Priest and LJ and most teams are stocking up with a couple decent RBs which could keep some load off the true number 1 to keep them more healthy down the road. Other RBs are in the first or second year with still no proven track record...lots of talent but they haven't put the year together yet.

So all that being said, do you think it may be the year to stray a bit from the RB load up early? I am still going with a RB in the first round (we get our draft order tmrw night - hate that! :thumbsup: ) But I am wondering about venturing out more away from a #2RB so soon and go deeper at WR...?????

Just almost starting to think of the RB spot like the QB spot - if you don't get one of the top 3 or 4 - they are just about all the same...

Thoughts :dunno:

This will be the year of the young running back. I cant recall a year where there were this many young stud running backs that were just waiting to take over. A handful of em will get the opportunity and never look back.

Bush

Maroney

Jacobs

Norwood

D' Williams

C Benson

MBarber III

Musa Smith

I did something I have never done in a draft tonight - started out RB-WR-WR-WR.

12 team standard scoring league that starts 2-RB 2-WR 1-R/W

L.J. 1.O2

R. Moss 2.11

Chambers 3.02

Driver 4.11

Followed that with Addai in the 5th and T. Jones in the 6th - hopefully one of those can be my #2. Jacobs and the Bennett handcuff are the BN.

The other starters are Bledsoe & H. Miller.

BN WR are Bryant and Evans.

This might actually work out, but for now I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Great receiving core, but a little thin elsewhere.

This will be the year of the young running back. I cant recall a year where there were this many young stud running backs that were just waiting to take over. A handful of em will get the opportunity and never look back.

Bush

Maroney

Jacobs

Norwood

D' Williams

C Benson

MBarber III

Musa Smith

Wak - I agree with you, but most of those would be around very late in every draft, except for Bush, Williams and mabye Benson. That's where I am going with this. I just hate investing in young guys...been there, done that and got burned!

I think you are a moron if you think it is 'the year of the wr'. Yeah... there will be some good wide outs, but there will be plenty of them meaning that many people will have a few good options at wr. But just like every year, jackas$...if I may call you that, there will be 4 - 5 STUD rbs that will carry teams to championships. Load up at wr early and you will find no rbs unless you hit lucky. Also...who the fuk knows what wrs will be good...everyone is licking Holts and Fitz's dik this year, but for all you know the best wide outs will be ANdre Johnson and Donald Driver.

Don't be an idiot!!!!

I did something I have never done in a draft tonight - started out RB-WR-WR-WR.

12 team standard scoring league that starts 2-RB 2-WR 1-R/W

L.J. 1.O2

R. Moss 2.11

Chambers 3.02

Driver 4.11

Followed that with Addai in the 5th and T. Jones in the 6th - hopefully one of those can be my #2. Jacobs and the Bennett handcuff are the BN.

The other starters are Bledsoe & H. Miller.

BN WR are Bryant and Evans.

This might actually work out, but for now I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Great receiving core, but a little thin elsewhere.

Jones may be the guy in Chi-town for a while but Benson will get there and unless he's injured take over or Lovie will platoon them both...(from chicago). Addai - I think he'll be allright. I would check the wire. Anyone draft Ahmann Green in your league? You are thin at RB if addai and jones don't work out but the rest are pretty solid. Thanks for the details.

I think you are a moron if you think it is 'the year of the wr'. Yeah... there will be some good wide outs, but there will be plenty of them meaning that many people will have a few good options at wr. But just like every year, jackas$...if I may call you that, there will be 4 - 5 STUD rbs that will carry teams to championships. Load up at wr early and you will find no rbs unless you hit lucky. Also...who the fuk knows what wrs will be good...everyone is licking Holts and Fitz's dik this year, but for all you know the best wide outs will be ANdre Johnson and Donald Driver.

Don't be an idiot!!!!

Well hello there sunshine, had a bad draft... did you? Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers but it's all in good conversation...

I believe there is more definite talent and production at the WR position this year. sure you'll have your top RBs leading teams to the SB (maybe) but it's all about depth. If I picked in the top 3 or 4 I would have one of your guaranteed tickets to superbowl 2006 - but my question is more geared to the picks after #4.

deepest draft ever at TE.

pretty deep at WR. everyon can get two decent WRs.

even at QB all the way through, after peyton.

RBs suck this year. lucky to get 1 much less two non sharing question mark RBs.

I've went RB RB in one of my leagues but jordan was there at the 2.11. same bye week as larry johnson so i gave up on week 3.

Holy Cow!!!!

16 and 33 is a mirror of how I drafted as well!

1.03 SA

2.08 Holt

3.03 Chambers

4.08 Driver

5.03 Addai

We are in round 6 now, we have the option to start QB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE which is why I took those 3 when they were available because they seemed to be the best "value" of where I drafted them. Addai - straight wildcard, I decided to roll the dice with the forecast of the Krug! If he sux, I just go RB/WR/WR/WR

You by any chance targeting Watson as your next pick? (With Gates, Heap, Gonzo already taken)

that's how i drafted cause there's too much uncertainty at the rb position and so much depth at the wr position. plus my league has 3 wr's and a flex spot and we also get .5 ppr so it makes sense that I got plenty of wr's.

Holy Cow!!!!

16 and 33 is a mirror of how I drafted as well!

1.03 SA

2.08 Holt

3.03 Chambers

4.08 Driver

5.03 Addai

We are in round 6 now, we have the option to start QB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE which is why I took those 3 when they were available because they seemed to be the best "value" of where I drafted them. Addai - straight wildcard, I decided to roll the dice with the forecast of the Krug! If he sux, I just go RB/WR/WR/WR

You by any chance targeting Watson as your next pick? (With Gates, Heap, Gonzo already taken)

Great minds think alike:

1.2 SA

2.9 Holt

3.2 Harrison (wow)

4.8 Driver

5.2 Foster (please stay healthy and be a viable RB2)

I can go RB/RB/WR/WR or RB/RB/RB/WR or RB/WR/WR/WR so after getting SA, I picked best available player the rest of the way.

And finally, Yes I got Watson as my TE.

With the 6th overall, yes - I decided to try stud WR this year.

3 starting WRs, 2 RBs...I picked Jordan, then got Fitz then Dunn...then Owens=>Driver

It's a TD heavy, non-ppr league so Dunn & Jordan's value isn't the greatest - but with that trio I'm hoping it won't have to be. If Watson lives up to some of the hype, I could have a nice corps of receivers.

in my 12 man i took 1 RB in rounds 1-4, i had 1 overall though and TEs get 2pts 15yds recieving

1.01 Alexander

2.12 Fitzgerald

3.01 Gates

4.12 Walker

i drafted on the 11th of august though :rolleyes:

wr: fitz walker l.coles kennison lelie

rb: SA f.taylor gore t.bell a.green

Had 6th pick in my 12 team .5 PPR that I commish. We start RB, RB/WR, WR, WR/TE, TE. I went with the 3 wide look this year.

1.06 Portis - he'll be fine

2.07 Fitzgerald - only getting better

3.06 Wayne - 2004 redux? wanted McGahee but picked one b4 me

4.07 Roy Williams - big upside, Martz, is this the year??

5.06 McAllister - fingers crossed

All three of those WRs have 200+ point potential. Also drafted Mike Bell and Betts later and snatched up Lundy on the wire.

Outside of the top 3 or 4 RBs, there seems to be many question marks and many teams looking to have possible RBBC.

this is exactly why you need to pick up rb's early. either get the good ones early, get a bunch of high-upside guys hoping one or two bust our, or get stuck with crappy ones. if you don't get one of the top 5 wr's then it's not the end of the world because there's so many other good ones.