Sign in to follow this  
CptLeech

Am I dumb?

I am going to start Warner over Culpepper this week, but I don't know that I would start him over Peyton. I think that Peyton is going to go into NY and look to completely pick apart the G-Men to show his little bro who the man is. Plus they still have not found their running game, and they will be throwing a lot... Play your studs...

Please see mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=228906

Both are in great spots in week 1. I had Manning last year, and he let me down. I actually agree with you and say start Warner against the crappy 49er's D.

Do yourself a favor and drop Warner or trade him so you wont be tempted. Start P. Manning every game no matter the match-up. I would almost say the same thing for Culpepper to the other poster.

There are so few players that are surefire starters each week. Peyton is one of those. The Giants do have a tougher D, but their Offense should keep the game close leaving the passing game in the equation longer. Peyton is a no brainer. I'd agree with the guy that said you should trade Warner to avoind the temptation.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...p;#entry2661161

See, I'm a second year FF player and I was thinking, "Yeah, maybe you should go with Warner" but the other posters made me think, "Hmm...perhaps that would be a newbie mistake."

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=228985

Unless you're like me and had Peyton last year and got frustrated with his "pinball" year. I agree with the trading of Warner idea, thats what I did last year when I had Palmer and Peyton, although I actually traded Peyton and then in the second half he started putting up better numbers (after I traded him), but Palmer did not disappoint me at all.

YES!!!

always start your studs....no matter what the matchup is.

:wall:

I agree with this guy.

any player who is considered top 3 or 4 at his position should always start unless there is an injury to consider.

I'd only start based on the matchup if we're talking about 2nd tier players.

the only time I ever made an exception was when I once started LT & Priest Holmes over Marshall Faulk. However at that time, those 3 were all considered to be pretty close to equal in talent and Marshall's knee wasnt 100% and he was playing a tough Defense.

but that is the exception and not the rule.

So unless Carson Palmer is starting against a really weak pass defense, I'd stick with manning.

that is... assuming you have Carson as a #2

This is one area where I can speak from experience in regards to FF.

Last year I had Peyton & Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe started the season hot and Peyton was cold. So after a few weeks I decided to bench Peyton and start Bledsoe... you can about imagine what happened. Bledsoe tanked and Manning had a huge week.

I have Peyton again this year and I will be starting him every week (except week 6 when he's on Bye)...