Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

Who the heck is Welker?

The guy that caught Culpepper's touchdown pass in the Madden 07 commercial. :blink:

Players featured in Madden commercials often go on to have spectacular years

Never heard of the guy, but I bet he will be the hot waiver wire commodity this week.

If I remember correctly he was a WR, RB and punt returner at Texas Tech like 3 or 4 years ago. Only reason I remember him is because I thought damn, that guy is fast to be white.

He was sort of a do it all player because of his speed.

I never thought he would look as fast as he did in college playing in the NFL. I'm starting to believe I was dead wrong since he looks like greased lighting against a very fast Pitt D.

I don't think he's worth a roster spot unless you have more then 12 teams in your league and 15 or higher roster spots.

Players featured in Madden commercials often go on to have spectacular years

In a commercial, you are golden. On the cover, You are screwed.

Although you're all making fun of him, he's making spectacular plays and extremely nice cuts. He seems like a pretty good football player, and seems to offer a lot more potential than Marty Booker.

Explosive little guy who Dolphin fans absolutely adore. He's very quick and plays BIG even though he's one of the smaller guys but he probably has the most heart. Dolphins picked him up off the waiver wire from SD I believe.

He does it all, last season he kicked a FG for us when Mare got hurt. I think he can also play QB :blink:

More power to him. It's all about versatile football players. And yes, based on his specs (5'9" 185), he's about as big as I am, and isn't playing small at all.

I had an open spot on my roster and absolutely no one to fill it with. So, I picked Welker up for some fun; on the off-chance that this Welker kid just goes off this season then I'll look like a genius in my league. And if he's crap the rest of the season, then I didn't really lose anything.

If nothing else, he's putting on a great show tonight.

Of course now that I've picked him up - with my tendency to doom players (had Javon Walker and Ahman Green last year) - he'll tear his ACL in the second half. :blink:

Why is he such a surprise this year? :doublethumbsup:

He's been doing these kinds of plays for the past few seasons. Maybe not quite so many shifty plays in one half, but this is no surprise at all.

I'vbe been talking about him here a couple times, a great pick up esp. if you get return yards/TD's. I have picked Dante Hall for that reason...I hope I still picked the right one.

I call bullsh*t!!

How many teams are in your league? 30? 40?

Just focking around... :thumbsup: :banana: :banana: :clap:

I don't have him in my 12 team league, but he did score 15pts. But we count 10 Return yards per point. He is now on my "watch list". :banana:

The guy that caught Culpepper's touchdown pass in the Madden 07 commercial. :thumbsup:

One of the funniest commercials ever.

"Get your roll on, baby! Now hit it...BAM!"

If I remember correctly he was a WR, RB and punt returner at Texas Tech like 3 or 4 years ago. Only reason I remember him is because I thought damn, that guy is fast to be white.

He was sort of a do it all player because of his speed.

I never thought he would look as fast as he did in college playing in the NFL. I'm starting to believe I was dead wrong since he looks like greased lighting against a very fast Pitt D.

I don't think he's worth a roster spot unless you have more then 12 teams in your league and 15 or higher roster spots.

So since he played for Texas would that make him "Welker Texas Ranger?" ;)

One of the funniest commercials ever.

"Get your roll on, baby! Now hit it...BAM!"

The newer one with Chad Johnson is better.

I started him as one of my flex players. In fact, I picked up Dante Hall and Wes Welker after the draft was completed last week. I totally forgot about them with the other WRs that were picked up. I hope that they pay off this season. I feel pretty good with both of them as my flex. I think that they will be more involved in their respective offenses as the #3 WR and KR/PR. :cheers: