Sign in to follow this  
Broncos915

Mike Bell over Caddy week 1?

If mike bell is named the starter vs st. louis.. am i crazy for even considering benching caddy this week for him.. i know ur never sit ur studs...but i'm not liking caddy's matchup w/ baltimore. im gonna be honest.. livin in upstate NY..i hear NOTHING about tampa and caddy.. but i'm a huge broncos fan..so.. i know about the broncos

i had a similar decision. I had to get my pick in by game time today so i went with Caddy. If i knew Mike Bell would be the definite starter i would start him over Caddy. Caddy right guard is not playing in week one, he's hurt.

I posted this response in another M. Bell thread recently:

"I've got to say, I think starting M. Bell over Caddy is just plain crazy. Granted, Caddy's matchup is not particularly favorable, but he's the kind of player that can put up big numbers any week. Mike Bell could get 18 carries or he could get 5 carries.

If Bell comes through, more power to you. I wouldn't even be considering this though."

I have both players, so I've been playing this over in my mind since I posted, and will add this: even if I KNEW M. Bell was the starter, I would still start Caddy. At the end of the day, Caddy has proven he can put up big numbers, and M. Bell is an undrafted, unproven rookie. If you need any more convincing, just look at the way Caddy started the season last year.

Only if your strategy is pure gut check.

You drafted Caddy in the first round (or early second), you start him Week 1.

I have M.Bell starting this week, but that's because my other option is Lundy. I certainly wouldn't be starting him over Caddy though. Caddy isn't going to be splitting carries with anyone. I'm sure he'll be spelled a bit here and there. But not like M.Bell splitting with T.Bell. I'd go with Williams. But that's just me.

would start caddy for sure.

i was asking left and right about starting bell over brown this week due to browns tough matchup vs the steelers. mostly everyone told me to go with my stud. bell just has too many unknown with him. i started brown and it paid off, you should start caddy.

oh and i asked about mine over on the "help board".

good luck

Try this one for size, at RB#2 Fred Taylor or Mike Bell. I'm leaning towards Freddie at this point until I see how things are going to shake out in Denver. I like Mike Bell I just want to see if Shanny is commited to getting him the bulk of the carries before I start him.