Sign in to follow this  
TIKI-BARBERS-BARBER

I Told You Guys About Tiki!

Every year alot on this board find a excuse not to draft him. When are the doubters going to learn ? By the way going to bed soon and Football Scooter will have my back.

This is my first year as a Tiki owner and I was very happy to get him. He slipped to #6 in my draft and I jumped on it. I just wish he had found the endzone today, none of my RBs did but all had good yardage.

got him at 4 this season. about 5 years ago, i used to always get him as my #2 back. he would produce like a big named player, but for some reason he would always fly under the radar. Brady was like that a couple of years ago....and so was Torry Holt about 4 years ago.

i thought about taking SJax at #4. But then I looked at Tiki's numbers from last season. And I read at how he credited Stump Mitchell and his strength coach for his ability to pace himself to make it through the whole season. And I could not pass on him. He had more explosive games and he put up bigger numbers than some of the other hyped up late first round and second round backs. His ability to rack up points through the air and on the ground is a big plus.

If the giAints are down he will still get points off of dump offs from Manning. And that is a good thing.

:thumbsdown:

got him at 4 this season. about 5 years ago, i used to always get him as my #2 back. he would produce like a big named player, but for some reason he would always fly under the radar. Brady was like that a couple of years ago....and so was Torry Holt about 4 years ago.

i thought about taking SJax at #4. But then I looked at Tiki's numbers from last season. And I read at how he credited Stump Mitchell and his strength coach for his ability to pace himself to make it through the whole season. And I could not pass on him. He had more explosive games and he put up bigger numbers than some of the other hyped up late first round and second round backs. His ability to rack up points through the air and on the ground is a big plus.

If the giAints are down he will still get points off of dump offs from Manning. And that is a good thing.

:cheers:

Instant I know you being a old vet you know your sh!t :thumbsup: Just amazing how people make some stupid reason not to draft this guy. I continue to win championships year after year with Tiki and I guess this year will be the same. :first: I did draft Jacobs as his handcuff this year because he has impressed me aswhile. By the way maybe they will quit doubting him once he makes the hall of fame but I doubt it.

Instant I know you being a old vet you know your sh!t :cheers: Just amazing how people make some stupid reason not to draft this guy. I continue to win championships year after year with Tiki and I guess this year will be the same. :thumbsup: I did draft Jacobs as his handcuff this year because he has impressed me aswhile. By the way maybe they will quit doubting him once he makes the hall of fame but I doubt it.

HOF?

C'mon, dude. Get serious. Sure, he's been great the past 3-4 years, but that's not getting him right now. He would need a few more seasons like last year to even get a sniff from the voters. RBs over 30 years of age do start to break down.

HOF?

C'mon, dude. Get serious. Sure, he's been great the past 3-4 years, but that's not getting him right now. He would need a few more seasons like last year to even get a sniff from the voters. RBs over 30 years of age do start to break down.

Two good more years counting this one then I don't see why not. If he has two more good years and don't get in then neither should Marshall Faulk.

I will NOW stop doubting Tiki.

In my dynasty, I sacrificed my future for my today and traded two first round picks for Tiki this season. I know he probably only has two more seasons left but he makes my team pretty much unstoppable so I am hoping it pays off. If it does, the draft picks I would have wouldnt be that great anyway.

I think he's overvalued at #4, which is basically where he went most drafts this year. The sole reason is brandon jacobs. Looks like he aint just a goalline back, he's gonna get about a 1/3 of the touches. And rightfully so. The combo is going to be lethal for their opponents. For Tiki, however, in terms of fantasy value, makes him most definately not a #4 overall. As a football player, the guy is great, no doubt. One of the best in the league, and I agree always underappreciated. HOF is not absurd to talk about. His overall numbers are pretty damn consistent...

Tiki is last year's Priest Holmes. I hope you cuffed him with Jacobs.

Holmes has a history of injuries. Tiki has been healthy for years. Not remotely the same. And Jacobs isn't the kind of back that LJ is, he isn't going to get 1/3 of the touches because he can't catch. Jacobs MIGHT get a third of the carries, but Tiki is going to catch 4-6 passes for 50 yards most weeks.

Brandon has bricks for hands and with the type of production Tiki gives you on the limited touches that he has why in the world would he be overvalued at #4. With that type of production 8-12 tds is enough to make him a solid stud easily. I doubted this guy for 2yrs straight and he would always make me regret it. This year I own him and he is still trucking along.b He is a stud no matter how you people find ways to argue against it(ie... no goaline carries, looses touches, getting old). I guess focusing on actual production takes a backseat to all these concerns

2,000 total yards and 8 TDs. OK numbers, and while he was the 4th best player available, he wasn't worth the 4th overall pick. I wouldn't be surprised if Jacobs puts up 1,000 total yards and 15 TDs. That's a big cut into Tiki's production. Giants looked very very good last night though.

2,000 total yards and 8 TDs. OK numbers, and while he was the 4th best player available, he wasn't worth the 4th overall pick. I wouldn't be surprised if Jacobs puts up 1,000 total yards and 15 TDs. That's a big cut into Tiki's production. Giants looked very very good last night though.

Giant defense looks to be very overrated. Yes, Peyton Manning will put up points on anyone. However, Indy had no running game, and solely relied on the passing game to win. The Giants knew Indy couldn't run the ball, played the pass, couldn't sack the QB, couldn't stop the passing game.

Philly will be able to run the ball next week, and McNabb will be able to pass the ball against them as well.

I look for a shootout at the Linc next weekend.

Giant defense looks to be very overrated. Yes, Peyton Manning will put up points on anyone. However, Indy had no running game, and solely relied on the passing game to win. The Giants knew Indy couldn't run the ball, played the pass, couldn't sack the QB, couldn't stop the passing game.

Philly will be able to run the ball next week, and McNabb will be able to pass the ball against them as well.

I look for a shootout at the Linc next weekend.

what's all this have to do with tiki?!?

I passed on Tiki in favor for Ronnie Brown. First off, I'm in a one player keeper league. Ronnie makes more sense. BUT, even if it wasn't a keeper league, I think I'd still pass on Tiki. He hit his peak last year and going towards the wrong side of 30. His production will drop.

Coughlin seems to favor goal line backs (Jax). And Brandon Jacobs seems to be the perfect goal line back for the Giants. Tiki will get his, but as the season progresses, I have a feeling Jacobs will see more touches and TDs.

Anyone who was suprised by Tiki's play last night has not been paying attention. He's been playing like that on a near weekly basis for two years now.

As far as the Giants D goes, they completely dominated agains the run. Peyton got his, but that's to be expected and that offense matches up about as well against this D as possible. They protect the QB better than any team in the league and throw to very quick WRs. That counters the Giants strength on D (the pass rush) and plays their strength against the Giants biggest weakness.

Instant I know you being a old vet you know your sh!t :banana: Just amazing how people make some stupid reason not to draft this guy. I continue to win championships year after year with Tiki and I guess this year will be the same. :first: I did draft Jacobs as his handcuff this year because he has impressed me aswhile. By the way maybe they will quit doubting him once he makes the hall of fame but I doubt it.

I cuffed Jacobs to him as well. About 5 or 6 years ago, me and 3 other owners were talking trash about which team was better after the draft. I told them that my team was better than both of theirs. we continued to trash talk. so i told them that my team would outscore them during the first week of the season. so we put $$$ on it. and that was the year that tiki rushed for 144 yards on opening day.

good times....

:blink:

and i am a dallas fan and i have mcnab and tiki on my roster....

:banana:

I let the clock tick down to the single digits with my #4 laboring over Tiki or Ronnie Brown and clicked Tiki because I will be watching all the Giants games anyway. Thurs I was feeling like I might have made the wrong move with Ronnie being pretty much THE ENTIRE MIAMI rushing attack, but after the Manning Bowl I felt vindicated. Better O-Line, the sharing of TDs will likely hurt, likewise the tough sched, but am feeling better about the pick.

:blink:

De Novo said the Giants looked pretty good last nite. I begged to differ.

Thanks for your concern, officer. :doublethumbsup:

I guess we'll agree to disagree. One of the reasons the Colts couldn't run is because the Giants run D was pretty solid. Granted, Rhodes and Addai aren't great backs, but neither was able to run up the middle, despite hitting the line of scrimmage pretty hard. New York was very very good in pass defense (I know I know they played nickel coverage all day), and should had at least 2 INTs, probably 3. Tiki and Jacobs couldn't be stopped, and Eli was decisive, threw good passes, and showed great mechanics. Burress made some nice grabs, Toomer got open, and Shockey looked really good. I'm not a New York homer at all (Skins fan, actually), but New York looked like the team to beat in the NFC East. Obviously, we'll get a better sense for that when they face Philly or Washington (or Dallas w/ Romo).

Tiki looked great, but Brandon Jacobs got the TD. That's what a lot of us were worried about in taking him so high. It's wonderful for a RB to get lots of yards and receptions, but if they don't get in the end zone, that's a problem. It's only one game, and I'm sure Tiki will have his share of scores this year, but the fact that Jacobs was there to take the red zone TD away from him last night is enough to make those of us who passed on him early in the first round feel like we probably did the right thing.

First time I have had Tiki on my team and I must say I was very excited to see him start the game so well and keep up the pace throughout the night but my God does Jacobs ever look scary good.

I didn't get the handcuff so I am hoping Tiki stays healthy (he took a few more direct shots last night than I remember him normally taking although he bounced up almost every time). Next year Jacobs could be a top 10 RB though - so big but so fast and nimble...crazy.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. One of the reasons the Colts couldn't run is because the Giants run D was pretty solid. Granted, Rhodes and Addai aren't great backs, but neither was able to run up the middle, despite hitting the line of scrimmage pretty hard. New York was very very good in pass defense (I know I know they played nickel coverage all day), and should had at least 2 INTs, probably 3. Tiki and Jacobs couldn't be stopped, and Eli was decisive, threw good passes, and showed great mechanics. Burress made some nice grabs, Toomer got open, and Shockey looked really good. I'm not a New York homer at all (Skins fan, actually), but New York looked like the team to beat in the NFC East. Obviously, we'll get a better sense for that when they face Philly or Washington (or Dallas w/ Romo).

Fair enough. I think their ability to stop the run had more to do with the Colts o-line being unable to run block. You have to admit that gameplanning against the Colts nowadays is a little easier with Edge being gone. I've been on record as saying the Colts are gonna be a bust this year. Playoffs yes, but that's it.

The Giants were basically playing pass last nite.

I think the real test is obviously this weekend. How do they contain Westbrook? I'm an Eagle fan, and I will tell you the two keys to this game have always been the same: Westbrook and Barber. Both players kill the other team.

Eli still doesn't impress me. His accuracy is still lacking, and he doesn't look like he's progressed from last year.

Tiki looked great, but Brandon Jacobs got the TD. That's what a lot of us were worried about in taking him so high. It's wonderful for a RB to get lots of yards and receptions, but if they don't get in the end zone, that's a problem. It's only one game, and I'm sure Tiki will have his share of scores this year, but the fact that Jacobs was there to take the red zone TD away from him last night is enough to make those of us who passed on him early in the first round feel like we probably did the right thing.

Guys remember last season. Jacobos scored 7Tds got most of them form the 1 yd line.

But i would say 75% of times they will be inside the 10 Tiki will stay on the field and get his TDs , Jacobs comes in from the 1 or 2 yard line usually . The reason he got in the game from the 7 yesterday is easy i thinl Barber had like 4 or 5 touches out of 6 plays ( so he went out for a breeder and Jacobs scored )

I am a first time Tiki owner and i am not worried at all ( i also own Jacobs dynasty league WOW )

Did you happen to catch who they 'bred' Tiki with. I'm interested for my 2027 draft...

( so he went out for a breeder and Jacobs scored )

Fair enough. I think their ability to stop the run had more to do with the Colts o-line being unable to run block. You have to admit that gameplanning against the Colts nowadays is a little easier with Edge being gone. I've been on record as saying the Colts are gonna be a bust this year. Playoffs yes, but that's it.

The Giants were basically playing pass last nite.

I think the real test is obviously this weekend. How do they contain Westbrook? I'm an Eagle fan, and I will tell you the two keys to this game have always been the same: Westbrook and Barber. Both players kill the other team.

Eli still doesn't impress me. His accuracy is still lacking, and he doesn't look like he's progressed from last year.

The Colts will disappoint, i.e. no Super Bowl. With that said, I still think they win 12 games and probably make the AFC championship, because all the AFC teams have weaknesses. Cincy is probably the best all-around team, but I still question how good their defense is despite week 1's performance. New England is probably the 3rd best team, but will have off-weeks in the passing game. San Diego's passing game is suspect at best. Denver's QB situation is, well, Jake Plummer. Kansas City's offense looked more like the 2001 offense, and their defense doesn't appear to have improved much. Pittsburgh won't be able to get the tough yards they did last year. Baltimore's running game still doesn't look that great. Miami's O-line looked terrible. I can't see anyone but Pittsburgh, Cincy or New England beating them.

If I knew how to stop Westbrook, I'd have a job in the NFL right now, but they're gonna have to put more pressure on McNabb than they did on Peyton (and I think they will). If their secondary can keep Stallworth under wraps, I think they'll try to force McNabb to throw over the middle where he's shown questionable accuracy/decision-making in the past. He looked sharp week 1 though. Both of these offenses and defenses looked good for that matter. I think New York wins something like 23 to 17. I just don't think Philly can stop Tiki and Jacobs. I don't really think anyone can.

To me, the big difference last night vs. last season for Eli was mechanics. It's not something I usually notice, but after being disgusted by them late last season I paid particular attention to them (gotta love TiVo). He kept the ball high before he threw, kept his elbow high and had a pretty over the top release (and quick). He didn't eye his receivers as much as he did last year, but did eye Shockey on occasion. He kept his feet planted when he could; as the season progressed last year, Eli's mechanics got sloppy and he danced around in the pocket too much. Before seeing him last night, I didn't think Eli would progress much this year for those very reasons, but he looked very very good IMO.