Sign in to follow this  
gottabesweet84

LT and Carnell Williams - O-LINE ?

never really get to watch LT being on the east coast. This is my second year owning him. Just curious aside from that 58 yard run there were alot of 2 yard runs? Was it like that last year? Or is it because McNeil the new LT still adjusting. It seemed they were running up the middle and behind McNeil often. The Raiders stacked the line in the second half and were getting to LT easily and at will. Hopefully Rivers will be able to take the pressure off and continue to throw more. I didn't think it was The D that made Marty call only 11 passes. I think it was Marty knowing Brooks and Oakland's o-line stink. Thoughts?

Caddy- I cant believe they got shut out. 8-22 Rushing is horrible. I know they were down and missing two guards but wasn't one replacement a starter last year? It was promising that he did catch five passes but hopefully Gruden and co. can get it turned around. Somebody please tell me Simms is better than what the scorebox showed. How often was Pittman in the game by the way.

I only watched the Chargers game but can any of you help with some insight on the O-line situations

Thanks

Also kind of worried as a Caddy owner in a dynasty. Back spasms already? Can this guy just play?

Think I should try to move him for Ronnie Brown? (maybe offer the Brown owner) Caddy and one of the wr's in my sig?

All help is most appreciated.

Regarding LT, I think it was a result of them running the ball 90% of the time. There has to be some sort of a passing threat for him to be able to get a start otherwise he's trying to make a move before he's even to the line of scrimmage.

Regarding LT, I think it was a result of them running the ball 90% of the time. There has to be some sort of a passing threat for him to be able to get a start otherwise he's trying to make a move before he's even to the line of scrimmage.

I guess you can't really run block that way

Can this O-line be over-powering. I don't know much other than McNeil came from Auburn? I think their center is pretty solid too.

well, I figured the chargers would go heavy on the run early, and gradually shift more to a balanced attack as the season progresses.

there was really no reason to put pressure on Rivers against a clearly inferior team, so they ran the ball a lot and didnt give him a chance to lose the game.

the Steelers were more or less the same way when Rothlisberger was a rookie.

they will gradually open up the offense, but it will take a couple of weeks. There is no reason to risk much against the Titans, so I expect things will be more or less the same this next week.

they may give Rivers a few more pass attempts. I'd expect maybe 15-20 tosses.

Saw both games. Caddy had holes to run through but he danced around a LOT. Looking to get the big run, but it didn't happen. LT's line played well. Not spectacular, but they opened up some holes early on. Either the playcalling was more conservative in the 2nd half or the Raiders D adjusted to San Diego because there weren't as many holes.

I went to the game and I believe that Rivers only had 11 passing attempts. All other plays were runs and a couple of reverses. The Raiders D actually looked alright for being on the field the entire game. LT broke a 58 yarder in the first half, otherwise he was pretty much contained. You can't blame the Raider's D for how bad their O-Line sucks! You want to talk about a pathetic line, just watch the Raiders and you'll know what bad is.

You can't blame the Raider's D for how bad their O-Line sucks! You want to talk about a pathetic line, just watch the Raiders and you'll know what bad is.

I don't think it's the line. That game was reminiscent of Steve Spurrier's 1st season in Washington. San Diego brought the house and what happened? Oakland abandons the run. Refuses to run HB screens. Refuses to gvie Brooks designed runs. Refuses to run anything but a fukcing 3-step drop. It was terrible. It looked like a college offensive playbook vs. an NFL defense.

Actually the Chargers O-line looked pretty darn good. The problem was that once the Chargers were up by 13 Marty Shottenheiman went into complete turtle mode. Hard to blame him really because the Raiders were pathetic on offense and he knew if he didn't do anything tricky and avoided turnovers the game was over. Still, it was BORING! :cheers:

Actually the Chargers O-line looked pretty darn good. The problem was that once the Chargers were up by 13 Marty Shottenheiman went into complete turtle mode. Hard to blame him really because the Raiders were pathetic on offense and he knew if he didn't do anything tricky and avoided turnovers the game was over. Still, it was BORING! :thumbsdown:

yeah..protecting the qb is one thing..killing your all-world RB is another..hopefully this was a one game aberration.

Caddy- I cant believe they got shut out. 8-22 Rushing is horrible. I know they were down and missing two guards but wasn't one replacement a starter last year? It was promising that he did catch five passes but hopefully Gruden and co. can get it turned around. Somebody please tell me Simms is better than what the scorebox showed. How often was Pittman in the game by the way.

Reports out of Tampa this week indicated that Caddy was bothered by back spasms during the game. He has been having problems with these since training camp which explains the limited action that he did see in the pre season. Caddy could be a fantasy bust this season b/c of his back and lack of good o-line play.