Sign in to follow this  
Eagles Green

Who are you benching Lamont Jordan for?

I was thinking about starting Maroney in the place of Jordan running along with Gore.

But...

I am going to stay with my 1st round pick. Go Jordan.. im giving u one more week

Going with Tatum and Foster. Trying desparately to give LaMont away in a trade!

Hey man. I just got Randy Moss for Lamont Jordan.

I was high on jordan. but now I kinda think he will stink it up.

As for Moss, well I know the Raiders will be down a lot. So the numbers should pile up.

As for Moss, well I know the Raiders will be down a lot. So the numbers should pile up.

Wait - you traded a Raider for....a Raider? :)

Dude - if you saw Brooks, you'd be doing this => :cheers:

I believe the proper phrase would be:

the raider QB will be piled on.

Wait - you traded a Raider for....a Raider? :lol:

Dude - if you saw Brooks, you'd be doing this => :first:

If you think the QB'ing is bad check out the run blocking. Its even worse.

I hate to do it, but they look terrible.

So I'm benching him for Fred Taylor vs. Pit. :wub:

sadly enough i have Lamont Jordan in 2 leagues (#12 pick in both).. i'm benching him and starting Chester Taylor in both leagues though! things are looking up

Wait - you traded a Raider for....a Raider? :lol:

Dude - if you saw Brooks, you'd be doing this => :wall:

I just grabbed Trent Green off waivers and dropped Aaron Brooks. I figure a Chief with a concussion is better than any Raider right now.

:wacko:

TD Heavy League - T. Jones or A. Green (undecided)

Performance League - J. Lewis

I will sit him wee 2 and his bye is week 3, then I think he will pick it up a bit!

I was thinking about starting Maroney in the place of Jordan running along with Gore.

But...

I am going to stay with my 1st round pick. Go Jordan.. im giving u one more week

It's either Jordan or Lundy or even L. Coles.

I want to stay with Jordan but Balt. D is too good. I don't know what to do :dunno:

BTW...at least when week 4 comes around after their bye week, their schedule looks alot better than the first 2 games :ninja:

BTW...at least when week 4 comes around after their bye week, their schedule looks alot better than the first 2 games :cry:

Exactly. Even a running back on a team as bad as Oakland should be able to put up good numbers against some of those Ds. This is why I can't understand why Jordan owners are practically throwing him away after the first week of the season. :dunno:

People are overreacting entirely to the poor numbers put up by LaMont Jordan. Do yourselves a favor, and hold onto him. Trading him away this week is the worst thing you could possibly do, it's like giving up a first round pick for a third or fourth round pick.

I picked him up in the first round this year, and I will hold onto him and start him for at least his first 4 games before giving up. He is too talented to ride the bench.

how about i'm benching Jordan AND Caddy (my first two picks)

for:

Thomas Jones and Tatum Bell (Tatum is still a maybe...) :) :wall:

but w/ the matchups and wk1 performances, i just have a hard time jusifying abiding by the "nevah bench your studs" theory...

Damn B, how did you end up with my same sucky RBs in another league. :wall:

Not a good idea to emulate me lately, I've been a black cloud last two years.

I'm actually thinking of starting Dillon, Maroney and Betts instead of Caddy and Jordan.

Jordan will be on the bench for sure til he shows me sumthin,

Don't wanna go 0- :wall: 3.

I agree with those that say basing your long-term beliefs on what happened in week 1 is a mistake. Is Batch better than both Mannings, Bulger, Plummer, etc? Is Gore better than both LJs, SA, Portis, etc?

Granted, Oakland looks to have a terrible team and a QB that seems to have more terrible games than good games throughout his career. But recall that Oakland had a bad team last year as well, and Jordan did pretty good (albeit with a different coach and somewhat different coaching scheme).

I look for Jordan (and Moss) to rebound - if not this week against Balt then in later weeks. And I have decided NOT to sit my first round pick in order to start a 3rd tier RB. Maybe such a terrible game at home in Week 1 will make the Oak coaching staff wake up and make better use of their stars - Moss and Jordan?

I'll give them the first 4-5 weeks to show marked improvement before i decide that Jordan is not a top-12 back.