Sign in to follow this  
WoodDuck2003

Dynasty League Blockbuster Trade Offer

Std scoring and 1pt/rec. Okay, here is the offer:

Jamal Lewis/L.Fitzgerald/C.Johnson

For

Reggie Bush/Hines Ward

I would be giving Bush. Is it worth it?

I a redraft, I'd immediately say no. But considering this is a dynasty league, I like it. But I'd see if he will go for Bush/Horn rather than Bush/Ward.

Also, who are your other RBs?

Yeah I actually sent Bush/Horn on the offer then could come back with Ward. My other RBs:

W.Dunn/T.Henry/M.Anderson/S.Bryson/M.Bennett/M.Pittman/C.Buckhalter/T.Thompson

I enherited this team this year and I took Bush hoping to use him as trade bait to rebuild this pittiful team.

What is funny is in wk 1 I was the highest scorer.

My starters

QB-E.Manning

RB-W.Dunn/R.Bush

WR-M.Harrison/H.Ward/J.Horn

Flex-T.Henry

TE-T.Gonzales

K-J.Feely

D/ST-BAL

Youre hurting at RB.

How about this...Try Bush/Ward/Horn for Lewis/Fitz/CJ/and another RB with potential that he might have.

Who are his RBs? Anyone with future potential?

Now youre just trying to make me think harder, but its obvious he wants Bush pretty bad, and I can understand why.

I like KJ/CJ, but I think I like Lewis/Fitz/CJ a little better.

Again, who are his other RBs (besides Lewis and KJ)

I'm gonna go against the majority here. I'd keep bush unless you get really solid RB depth for him. I don't give Lewis that much value in a dynasty league. Bush will be a guy who can single handedly win games for you in he years to come. Next year we may be talking about him along with guys like Alexander, LJ and LT. Your WR's would be stacked, but your RB's would be worse. I have never seen a team win a championship in any of my leagues with a stacked WR corp and a week RB corp.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=232854

Just thought of 1 more option for ya.

Bush/Ward for KJ/CJ/and his #1 draft pick next year.

I dont know if you allowed to trade future picks or not, as some leagues wont allow it. But if you can, then you can go for a rookie RB with potential.

Just wanted to throw out another option for you. Good luck.

For

Reggie Bush/Hines Ward

I would do this deal

You are getting two Top WR's and a very solid RB for a WR who is solid, but 1 or 2 yrs from retirement and a RB who looks like he will be a stud, but hasnt proven himself yet.

it could make you a contender.

Now youre just trying to make me think harder, but its obvious he wants Bush pretty bad, and I can understand why.

I like KJ/CJ, but I think I like Lewis/Fitz/CJ a little better.

Again, who are his other RBs (besides Lewis and KJ)

I'm not sure I'd do this.

it looks okay, but now youre giving up a potential franchise RB for a RB who may or may not have a big future and a top end WR.

RB's are more valuable than WR's.

I'd delay on pulling the trigger and if bush has a monster game this week against that weak Defense they're playing, I'd pull the deal off the table and tell him you've decided to keep Bush.

If he really wants him, he'll make a counter offer you cant refuse.

Thanks so much for everyones input, I am keeping Bush for now. I agree he could be a guy in 1 or 2 years that could be the most valued player in Fantasy Football or a least a top 5 RB.

I'm gonna go against the majority here. I'd keep bush unless you get really solid RB depth for him. I don't give Lewis that much value in a dynasty league. Bush will be a guy who can single handedly win games for you in he years to come. Next year we may be talking about him along with guys like Alexander, LJ and LT. Your WR's would be stacked, but your RB's would be worse. I have never seen a team win a championship in any of my leagues with a stacked WR corp and a week RB corp.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=232854

Since this is a Dynasty league, I would keep Bush. You don't seem to be hurting at the WR spot at all. Harrison and Ward are top notch receivers...a little old from a fantasy standpoint, but still has years on them to be productive. To me...Harrison/Ward are just a slightly lower combo than CJ/Fitz, so you would just put yourself in a dilemma on who to start that week.

Off topic, I would keep an eye on Colston. He just might become Brees' top reciever over Horn...

For

Reggie Bush/Hines Ward

I'd probably make the deal, especially if you can get him to increase his offer as far as another RB. In a dynasty league, you'll get to keep Fitzgerald and Johnson, both of whom probably will be top 5 receivers for years, which should give you consistent production for a long time from those 2 roster spots, and more than make up for the loss--if any--from any decrease in points from using a player other than Bush at only one RB position. Also, Harrison is getting on in years, and your other receivers don't thrill me as far as a dynasty league. As far as this year, in a quest for a championship, having Harrison, Fitzgerald, and Johnson would be a terrific receiving trio, and likely will far outweigh substituting Lewis for Bush (after all, McAlister is still the starter). I'd try to see, though, if he'd up the offer by including another good RB in adition to Lewis--that way, you'd have 2RB slots and 2 WR positions solidified for quite a while (barring injuries), and there's no guarantee that Bush won't get injured or otherwise fail to live up to expectations. Seems to me that you might be able to get at least 3 and possibly 4 roster spots cemented with very good players, at the expense of losing one player with a lot of potential but who may only marginally exceed the production of another RB. I'd much rather have consistently good production from multiple roster spots rather than the occasional--or even routine--high point production from only one roster spot.

Who are his other RB's? If you could get him to toss in another good RB (which he might since he appears to desire Bush a lot) or one with a lot of potential in a dynasty league (such as Maroney), then I think this deal would be a steal.