Sign in to follow this  
LittleGiants78

THIS GUY IN MY LEAGUE TRADED L.JORDAN FOR MARONEY!

Happens every year. He is a panic seller. I love these guys.

Happens every year. He is a panic seller. I love these guys.

Dude, I traded Moss for Jordan today.

I panicked. And for good reason. The running game almost always takes a bigger hit than the offense on crappy teams. And boy, the raiders could be one of the worst teams of the past three years.

Oakland carried their terrible play of the pre-season into the regular season. I was high on Jordan. I had the 12th pick in my leauge, and he was my first choice.

That offensive line CANNOT run block. They just CANT. They're bad at passing blocking, but theyre even worse at running. And lets face it, Jordan isn't a premier back. He's not a Tomlinson or in other words a player who can make a crap offensive line play better. Jordan just isn't that type of special player.

And trust me, special is what is needed to cure what will ail the Raiders this season.

Now I dont know if Maroney for Jordan was a good move. But certianly getting rid of Jordan is.

Jordan has to be sold. Any veteran fantasy player should spot this. Jordan is as high as he is going to be right now. Not three weeks, not six, but now.

The running game almost always takes a bigger hit than the offense on crappy teams.

I would consider the running game to be part of the offense, but I guess that's just me...

I panicked. And for good reason. The running game almost always takes a bigger hit than the offense on crappy teams. And boy, the raiders could be one of the worst teams of the past three years.

Oakland carried their terrible play of the pre-season into the regular season. I was high on Jordan. I had the 12th pick in my leauge, and he was my first choice.

That offensive line CANNOT run block. They just CANT. They're bad at passing blocking, but theyre even worse at running. And lets face it, Jordan isn't a premier back. He's not a Tomlinson or in other words a player who can make a crap offensive line play better. Jordan just isn't that type of special player.

And trust me, special is what is needed to cure what will ail the Raiders this season.

Now I dont know if Maroney for Jordan was a good move. But certianly getting rid of Jordan is.

Jordan has to be sold. Any veteran fantasy player should spot this. Jordan is as high as he is going to be right now. Not three weeks, not six, but now.

Please please please rememeber that Oakland played the #1 rushing defense in the NFL last year. You guys panicked over just one game against the top rushing defense in the league???? I'm not saying Jordan will be a top 5 back or even top 10 for that matter.... I don't even own him.... but just one game and you guys start panicking..... :dunno:

And the ironic thing is that you're here dogging the crap out of Oakland and their offense, but you traded for another Oakland player!

Please please please rememeber that Oakland played the #1 rushing defense in the NFL last year. You guys panicked over just one game against the top rushing defense in the league???? I'm not saying Jordan will be a top 5 back or even top 10 for that matter.... I don't even own him.... but just one game and you guys start panicking..... :wub:

Exactly...after San Diego & Baltimore this weekend, Oak's schedule eases up quite a bit. He'll be good for some decent games soon. Though, as a Jordan owner myself, I am benching him in favor of Brandon Jacobs this week.

No matter what you do, it does not good to try and deal him right now. You won't get anyone of any value in return from any owner that is even halfway paying attention. Like Culpepper last year, we can only ride the storm and hope it gets better.

I would trade Jordan for Maroney if I had Jordan.

Jordan is a decent back but he wasnt even that good last year. (272 carries for 1025 and 3.8 YPC and only broke 100 yards three times all last season) The only thing that saved him was his receptions and now that Norv Turner is gone, kiss those goodbye.

If you drafted Lamont Jordan with your first pick you are going to be miserable all season long.

I think now's the time to actually trade FOR Jordan....if you can afford to. actually, let me correct that....AFTER the Baltimore game will be the time to go for him....if he doesnt get hurt. Baltimore will probably shut him down like San Diego did, and Jordan owners will all be looking to make a move. He's about to go on a bye, so this will end up being 3 straight weeks to start the season where he's basically no help to you team. But beyond wk 3, he'll surely have better matchups. The Charger's D, and team as a whole this season, is for real. So if youre a Jordan owner and are moving him based on that game, youre making a mistake.

I think now's the time to actually trade FOR Jordan....if you can afford to. actually, let me correct that....AFTER the Baltimore game will be the time to go for him....if he doesnt get hurt. Baltimore will probably shut him down like San Diego did, and Jordan owners will all be looking to make a move. He's about to go on a bye, so this will end up being 3 straight weeks to start the season where he's basically no help to you team. But beyond wk 3, he'll surely have better matchups. The Charger's D, and team as a whole this season, is for real. So if youre a Jordan owner and are moving him based on that game, youre making a mistake.

I agree completely! After week #2, you will be able to get Jordan pretty cheap. I own him as a 3rd keeper and 2nd round pick in two leagues. Just going to start A. Green and J. Lewis for him the next two weeks and hope for a rebound after the bye week!

it can't get any worse for him

From the san Diego game the Raiders just need to do eerythin faster.And a lot more screens.

I'll be sending a few offers t the Jorda owner in my league next week.... the problem is that I have Gore and Chester.... He will surely want one of them, and that isnt happening.

I would also do it in a snap.

I traded away Jordan in a dynasty league for a 3rd round rookie pick ( there was also salary cap consideration i would have lost him for a pick next season aniways at least when i traded him i knew what iwas getting )

It s basically the same trade i made and i am happy about it . Forget it s just one week Jordan just is nt a good RB on team that will be a disgrace this season ( Especially will their clown coach and assistant clown OC )

JORDAN WAS HIS #1 PICK-- MARONEY WAS A RD 7 PICK!! :thumbsup:

Stop typing in all caps. It makes you look like a retard.

I would make that trade in my dyansty league, but I am deep an RB, and there are serious cap considerations. LJ is $26/1 year. LM is $7/4year.

Wait a minute??? So they're worse at pass blocking then they are at the run? 9 sacks and less than 100 yds in the air? Through the entire game, Jordan only had 10 carries! And what do you really expect from the best run defense last year...and seem to be even better this year? Truthfully, the Raiders suck period...but I do believe Jordan will have a better showing throughout the season.

I have Moss on my team (3rd round pick) and I didn't like the outcome or the expression he had after the game. During the first half, he seemed to try and play that leadership role, but then he started to show his disgust on his facial expressions. I'm not going to over-react and try to get rid of Moss...but I don't think his value is worth more than Jordan's, unless you have depth in the RB position and/or your WR group is weak. Otherwise, I would hold onto Jordan. One game against the best run defense should'nt of scared you off that easily...

I have Moss on my team (3rd round pick) and I didn't like the outcome or the expression he had after the game. During the first half, he seemed to try and play that leadership role, but then he started to show his disgust on his facial expressions. I'm not going to over-react and try to get rid of Moss...but I don't think his value is worth more than Jordan's, unless you have depth in the RB position and/or your WR group is weak. Otherwise, I would hold onto Jordan. One game against the best run defense should'nt of scared you off that easily...

This is why I passes on Randy. I knew Oakland was going to be bad but when he's not getting the ball or winning, he loses his desire to play. That's when you'll see average game from him like this Monday. They better start involving him more on the offense, if not, he'll be gone mentally for the whole year. Not good for a 3rd round pick.