Sign in to follow this  
believe_in_gibbs

C.Taylor or Gore?

Both C.Taylor and Gore had productive outings last weekend (hell, Gore blew up). Will it continue this weekend? I noticed that Taylor and Gore are ranked #9 and #10 respectively on this site. Taylor is facing a Panthers 'd' that was embarrassed in week 1. You've got to think that they will come back strong this weekend (then again, the Vikes 'o' line looked better than expected vs the Skins). Gore is up against a Rams team that was stout vs the run last weekend. To me this is a toss up. Anyone have any insight?

Both C.Taylor and Gore had productive outings last weekend (hell, Gore blew up). Will it continue this weekend? I noticed that Taylor and Gore are ranked #9 and #10 respectively on this site. Taylor is facing a Panthers 'd' that was embarrassed in week 1. You've got to think that they will come back strong this weekend (then again, the Vikes 'o' line looked better than expected vs the Skins). Gore is up against a Rams team that was stout vs the run last weekend. To me this is a toss up. Anyone have any insight?

I didn't think Gore was this good

Gore all the way

I actually like Chester Taylor a bit more this week. Carolina's defense is hurting... they lost Dan Morgan last week. Also, Gore will be missing his best run blocker in Larry Allen this week. I'd go with Chester Taylor.

Didnt the Rams give up something like 180 yards on the ground? I wouldnt call that too stout. Go with Gore.

I like taylor a little more as it will be a close game and MIN looks to have conservative play this year....hell I think Taylor ran 31 times last week. Don't foregt who Gore was playing last week when he looked so good.....AZ.....give him another couple weeks against some stiffer DEF and see how de does.

I like Gore a lot more. I think he's going to be a top 10 back this year. He's finally over all his injuries and healthy. People forget this is the same guy that started ahead of McGahee and Portis and University of Miami. He's in a Norv Turner system that is going to make him a dual threat catching balls out of the backfield. We all know what Turner did for Jordan last year, and Gore catches the ball out of the backfield better than Jordan. Although Taylor had a good game last week he still only averaged 2.8 yards a carry. Plus Gore has a way better matchup. The Rams cannot stop the run. Denver ran for about 160 yards on them last week. Carolina is a very good defense and can easily shut down Taylor. Thanks for the help on mine.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you are on this one. I say go with Gore over Taylor though, the Rams let TWO running backs have good games against them last week, surely one can do the same this week. Good luck

Please see mine

Link

I'm definitely in the same boat as you this week .. and this is a close call.

However Gore kicked much ass last week and I'm going with him over Chester.

It's a good problem to have!

Didnt the Rams give up something like 180 yards on the ground? I wouldnt call that too stout. Go with Gore.

:headbanger:

My thoughts exactly...if anything the Rams secondary shut down the Broncos, but the Broncos ran pretty well against them.