Sign in to follow this  
USGrant

Randy Moss dumped!

The guy with Randy Moss dumped him in one of my leagues. Thing is, his production doesn't warrent a spot on my team right now. Still, I think if he's there after the bye, I have to pick him up. Crazy! :P

Who did he pick up for Moss? I would grab him this week because he has a big upside. He will not be available next week.

I hate Randy! I think he's overrated in the real NFL, and the same in Fantasy specifically in Fantasy because of his up and down performances.

However that guy is a fool for outright dropping him and you are nuts if you don't pick him up right away. Who cares about his production, he's a HUGE bargaining chip. In fact I'd say you need to pick him up now and try to move him before his value sinks even lower with another bad performance or something.

Drop your 2nd kicker, 2nd d, 5th RB, and pick up Randy right away, move him to somebody for a bag of chips but move him if you don't think he's worht holding onto. But to let such "percieved value" and a huge bargaining chip sit as a free agent, is crazy.

Nice 4 team league buddy. :(

Ive always wanted to say that since I've been on the boards. Carry On. :thumbsup:

That's insane. I know the Raiders stink, but they have played 2 of the best defenses in the league, and easier games are left on the schedule. Randy, as well as Jordan will have some value at some point in the season, and I don't care who the QB is. Pick him up now and stash him away. What do you have to lose? Alot of people hate him, but you can't deny his talent. He's not just a big name. Unbelievable.

However that guy is a fool for outright dropping him and you are nuts if you don't pick him up right away. Who cares about his production, he's a HUGE bargaining chip

Maybe not HUGE but most definetly worth something decent -- jump on that.

There are ALWAYS guys in every league who get the delusional, name worship thing for a stud in name only.

I wouldn't do it if you really need your weekly pickup to help you -- OAK is on a bye this week so you can't even spot start him in a pinch this week.

Just my $0.02

Nice 4 team league buddy. :(

Ive always wanted to say that since I've been on the boards. Carry On. :thumbsup:

Funny :o

I think he's weird for doing it. But really, Randy hasn't done squat. he isn't going to do squat for 2 more weeks. His coaching staff seems incapable of getting anything out of the talent it has. Don't get me wrong, I think its a premature, bizarre surrender but I also see some of the logic. The reason I haven't picked him up is many of my late round picks have come along nicely, and I don't know who to drop. I have two TE's, but they are Watson and Colston and I like that combo. I have TO but we aren't allowed to create an injured reserve and frankly TO has shown me more than Randy. My backup backs are Ahman Green, DAngelo Williams and and Thomas Jones. My weakest backup is Duante Culpepper, but there really aren't any viable qb pickups out there and I haven't given up hope on him. I'm thinking if he tanks it this week against a horrible Titan team then he's toast but I gotta give him at least one more shot.

Grab him! (Unless of course you are in a league where waiver talent is extremely easy to come by.)

Dump a kicker or defense if your sporting two of either.

Yes the Raiders suck, but somebody will need to catch the TDs in Oakland. They will eventually get some.

I think this quandry falls under the aegis of never benching your studs. Randy is still a stud unless he's done total crap by week 6 at least.

Nice 4 team league buddy. ;)

Ive always wanted to say that since I've been on the boards. Carry On. :sleep:

I usually hate when people replied but that was perfect!

Hat's off.... and remember.

It's always 4:20 somewhere.

I usually hate when people replied but that was perfect!

Hat's off.... and remember.

It's always 4:20 somewhere.

Seriously if you look at his sched you would stop reading this and pick him up.

Seriously if you look at his sched you would stop reading this and pick him up.

if you don't drop watson or colston for moss you're a fool

Colston has scored two weeks in a row and obviously has a QB to get him the ball; if you dumped him you'd be the fool. - i'm sure he can dump another guy -- i wouldn't want to carry Randy, i'd want to package him up with a nice bow and get someone from a team that has an offense.

Colston has scored two weeks in a row and obviously has a QB to get him the ball; if you dumped him you'd be the fool. - i'm sure he can dump another guy -- i wouldn't want to carry Randy, i'd want to package him up with a nice bow and get someone from a team that has an offense.

Dump Colston, pick up Moss, keep Watson because he hasn't busted out yet, while Colston has already got his. Teams are aware of him now, it will all change, and Joe Horn, and Bushwill get many more catches.

You have to get Randy, too much value to let sit out there. Hell I'd cut Troy Brown and pick up Randy if he was a free agent in my league.

IF you can play Colston as a TE keep him, and drop Watson for Moss. Watson hasn't done that much either and there is more potential in Moss. Besides there are probably 3 other TE's on the FA in your league that are near equals to Watson. Heck you may want to see if Antonio Gates got dropped in your league too. :banana:

Yeah Watson would be a good dump. If memory serves, Raiders sched gets better after break and Randy was going early 2nd. Funny thing is I heard a guy @ work say someone dumped Moss in his league and he was burning his WW for him.... I would too

I would dump Ben Watson if my choices were him or Colston -- Sometimes a new QB in a system just locks onto a guy.. he may fizzle out and Horn could strp up again, who knows.. Brady just seems like he's already looking at so many different targets.

While i'd be wary of keeping Jordan -- Moss might be nice to have.. all the D's they play can't hammer them as badly as the last two -- and they will have to throw a lot.

But it's gonna be Walter & Tuisosopopo (sp?)?

IF you can play Colston as a TE keep him, and drop Watson for Moss. Watson hasn't done that much either and there is more potential in Moss. Besides there are probably 3 other TE's on the FA in your league that are near equals to Watson. Heck you may want to see if Antonio Gates got dropped in your league too. :doublethumbsup:

See I think differently. Watson will get his touches he just hasn't yet. That's why you don't dump him. And this week against Denver he's going to get serious looks because teams have to stop our running game now.

Colston has got his, he's peaked, picking up Colston nowis 2 weeks too late.

IMHO.

Nice 4 team league buddy. :doublethumbsup:

Ive always wanted to say that since I've been on the boards. Carry On. <_<

I don't know what is wrong with people this year. I'm in a 12 team league and one of the teams dropped Wayne, Droughns, and Evans to pick up Colston and Cotchery. :wacko:

Colston has got his, he's peaked, picking up Colston nowis 2 weeks too late.

yeah, you think so? Do you like Williamson more than him? My WRS are currently Chambers, Housh & Hines -- i could use a little juice at the spot. I need TDs -- I still think it's between Colston or Williamson for me on our ww. Other options include Deion Branch, Cotchery, Watson, Winslow (not happening now) --

Watson lookes like a great athlete and NE does look to the TE spot on the goal line a good bit.. I like Williamson's upside and my league will blow bucks on Branch.

Sorry to get all into my own team, but you got me thinkin'. Colston did play at football powerhouse Hofstra -- it's almost Gado-like in it's obscurity factor.

yeah, you think so? Do you like Williamson more than him? My WRS are currently Chambers, Housh & Hines -- i could use a little juice at the spot. I need TDs -- I still think it's between Colston or Williamson for me on our ww. Other options include Deion Branch, Cotchery, Watson, Winslow (not happening now) --

Watson lookes like a great athlete and NE does look to the TE spot on the goal line a good bit.. I like Williamson's upside and my league will blow bucks on Branch.

Sorry to get all into my own team, but you got me thinkin'. Colston did play at football powerhouse Hofstra -- it's almost Gado-like in it's obscurity factor.

I mean it happens every year, a bunch of guys jump out early but look at it week 16 and the 1A players step to the top. Colston isn't going to finish with 1200 yards and 16 TD's and I'm pretty comfortable saying his production will go down.

Watson won't finish with zero TD's and I am comfortable saying his will go up. It's just numbers, averages etc.

I liked Branch before he became one of two #3 WR's for Seattle. Williamson has an awful matchup this week so I'd let him rot for the week I am admittedly a homer and I'm trying to figure out why Watson isn't the better 1 week pickup over any of those guys. He's getting looks, I can tell you that for sure. Brady missed him wide open in the End Zone last week also.

And yes Watson is a great athlete. One of the most gifted athletes in the NFL. He just hadn't put it together yet. What do youmean bucks on branch? Auction for free agents or something?

By the way Housh, Hines and Chambers isn't a bad WR corp at all. Same philosophy, barring injury those guys will put up numbers. Chambers and the fins won't get shut out every week, and Housh should be back in a few weeks.

What do youmean bucks on branch? Auction for free agents or something?

Yeah. My league is like a big cash register -- the bidding doesn't end after the auction draft. A basic FA pickup is $15 - a Drop is $10 - when your roster's full (and nearly everyone's is already) an Add/Drop will cost you $25 total. To IR a guy, the player needs to be OUT as per the NFL, but he can only stay on for a max. of three weeks and then you have to pay $10 to re-activate him. Transaction cap for the season is $175. Playoff teams can make one additional add drop.

When there are multiple claims on a ww free agent, one of the two commishes gets the interested parties together on a conference call, usually just 2, at most 4 (rare) and whoever put the first claim in through Sportsline starts the bidding. Bidding starts at $15 and you can bid in $1 increments.

I spend like a drunken sailor in this league - i'm a Dillon owner who thought Maroney was dinged -- i spent 30 beans on him last week -- but i didn't have to make a drop -- and I traded away DJax for Michael Vick, so i did okay with the transaction finances on the whole. Anyway, it makes for a nice, fat pot at the end of the year.

I had to protect my Dillon pick man. Maroney looked sick in the bits of preseason i saw him in. I knew he'd be worth a few duckets.

Of course we play with monopoly $$ of course. No real wagering of anything like that.

Just in case the Dept. of Homeland Security or any other big brother like entity was interested.

you sound like the guy who trades for whoever has the best first 2 weeks. :bandana:

if either can be used at TE i'd prefer dropping watson of the 2. i think colston will have bigger production in large part because he's not a tightend. so he'll have limited blocking responsibilities/go out for more passes. but keeping a backup tightend when you've got a guy w/randy moss's upside on the waiver IS absolutely foolish. if ur starting TE gets hurt you can always pick up a guy on the WW to fill in fine.

Walter has a cannon and every week is another week practicing with Moss. He targeted him a lot last week and it will only improve. Grab him now.

Sorry -- way long.

you sound like the guy who trades for whoever has the best first 2 weeks.

I can't say what i sound like - but yeah, i like to grab guys who seem like they're in a good spot and catching a lotta balls.. two weeks, 8 weeks, whatever.

I would never draft a guy like Moss and dump him for nothing after two weeks.. i also would pounce on him if he was kicked to the ww in my league. That said, i don't think he is in a good situation right now to produce. Clearly, when healthy and in the right situation, he can play like a superstar. If i was in the same situation as the original poster of this thread, i would want to trade Moss for some help in other areas. A couple hours ago, the owner in my league offered me Mike Bell & Randy Moss for Clinton Portis. So i think he might have the same idea i have. I'm sure he sent out an offer to everyone in my league -- sounds like he's selling now -- my league also combines the TE & the WR, so the positional difference is neither here, nor there to me.

I do know that last week Colston got 10 pass targets and has scored in ea. of the last two weeks for a team that has a decent offense, a nice QB and a decent Oline -- The Raiders currently have none of the above. Honestly, you can wait around for "upside" and "ability" to finally kick in and pay dividends, but at what cost to your record?

Coincidentally, this is an excerpt from a FF atricle on the very subject that a friend sent me earlier today:

Marques Colston (NO) – It sure doesn’t look like he will go away and that he will go down as an excellent pickup in points-per-catch leagues. Colston also (wrongly) qualifies as a TE in some leagues, like Yahoo! And ESPN. In those leagues, this huge target is a must-have. Drew Brees does love throwing the ball to a big receiver (like Gates), and Brees-to-Colston is looking more and more like it will go down as a surprising connection. He led the team with 10 pass targets in this game.

on Randy:

Randy Moss (Oak) – QB Andrew Walter did give the offense a spark this past weekend, and he does have a big arm, but there’s no way we can assume he will progress quickly enough and develop chemistry with Moss. Plus, this line can’t block right now. Moss might not match rookie WR Marques Colston’s production this year. How sick is that?

-----------------------------------

Now, this is just one FF writers opinion. But funny enough, it does compare the exact two guys (swear to God i didn't just write it) and the moral of the story is, there is just no way to guess which way Moss' season is gonna go at this point - maybe it was just the D's he was playing against, but the QB he wroked with all Summer just got knocked out. --

------------------------------------

Bottom Line: If he fell in my lap via ww pickup, i would take 'em cheap, but theres no reason to play him till he gets his act together and gets a little hotter. I could be totally wrong and he could go off next week -- you never know.

Personally, if i could carry more than 4 WR/TEs (combined remember) I would be completely cool with stashing Moss. But as it is, i need a guy who is cheap (Colston, Williamson, Branch, Watson are on my ww right now) and Moss' owner just tried to jack me for a pretty good RB. So in lieu of him being dropped in my league, having Chambers, Housh & Hines already (not great, but not bad), i'll prob. just chill with one of stiffs on the ww for a fourth.

------------------------------------

Sorry for the back n' forth name calling -- completely uneccessary -- hey man, its just focking FF.

:thumbsdown:

Sorry to add fuel to the fire, but any league that has Randy Moss as a free agent is not a real league. Sorry to be so blunt. Trust me, I'm not trying to be a smartass, but that's just silly. :thumbsdown: