Sign in to follow this  
Know Doubt

Richard Rescorla

I was flipping through a mag the other day and came across this article.

From Counter Terrorism /Summer 2005 Vol. 11, No. 2

www.iacsp.com

"When terrorist planted a large bomb in the parking garage of the WTC in 1993, Richard Rescorla , Vice Pres of security for Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, safely evacuated all of the firm's employees to safety. He offered to help the Port Authority develope an evacuation plan for the entire complex, but they declined. Rescorla then proceded to draw up his own evacuation plans for Morgan Stanley, and he drilled the employees regularly.

On Sept 11, 2001 when the first plane hit the North Tower of TWC at 8:46am, the employees of Morgan Stanley, whose offices were scattered throughtout 30 floors of the South Tower, were more than ready. Even as the building's security personnel used a loudspeaker system to tell everyone in the two towers to stay where they were, Rescorla led the evacuation of the companies 2,700 employees down the stairs to safety. By the time the second plane hit the South Tower only 16 minutes later, he had succeeded in guiding all of the employees from the upper floors. In the end, because of his foresight and preparedness planning, only six employees from Morgan Stanley, the largest employer in TWC, lost thier lives.

Employees in charge of operations, who had already rehearsed thier roles in such an emergency, then walked 22 blocks to the firm's backup site. By 9:20am, only 36 minutes after the first plane hit the North Tower thier computers were back online. More significantly, the company was back in business servicing its customers."

This guy saved about 2,700 lives!

The dealth toll would have almost doubled.

Does anyone remember hearing about this situation and did this guy get a medal or something???

tia

Just read this

Trust me.

Wow. I mean just focking wow. Have they made a movie yet out of this guy's life? I mean it's almost unbelievable.

fixed

:dunno:

Wow...a missed space typo.....you sure got me.

Though, the fact remains...you are a moron. At least you agree.

Guest Davaco
Wow...a missed space typo.....you sure got me.

Though, the fact remains...you are a moron. At least you agree.

you are such a kidder, that was a real knee-slapper

:dunno: