Sign in to follow this  
paradoxical

any car buff geeks out there?

I was recently looking online for a used car and unintentially came across a 1986 Jaguar XJ6 with 125,000 miles being sold by a private local seller. I was suprised to see it was only $1,600 and the seller says it 'mechanically solid runs and looks great.' Apparently its also fully loaded and has a sunroof/moonroof. Is this a good deal or a dud? Any input?

TIA

Guest Black Label Society
Expensive to fix, and known to breakdown.

:thumbsup:

They're junk.

Well, it seems that for once in their lives, the geeks have some knowledge :banana:

The responses that you have received are correct. Mid 80's Jags are cars to run away from.

Electrical issues are abundant, (like some other fhag said) fit and finish was very loose (factory lazyness)

and just horrible vehicles in general.

For the price that it was offered, though..Mebbe it might be worth it? :ninja:

A buddy of mine got a well maintained mid-80's XJ8 and had it painted, new leather, and a chevy 350 and tranny put in.

It is a nice looking vehicle for the 7-8 grand he has invested.

I just looked at a few 99-00 XJ8s. Instead I went with a '99 BMW 740iL and love it. Much larger back seat, more power IMO, and much better reliability.

Sold my 2000 F350 with over 210,000 miles on it for the same price I paid for the 740. :cry: