Sign in to follow this  
D'ohmer Simpson

Here are the ways the Republicans tried to fight terrorism prior to 9/11

I'm talking about the 8 months that they controlled everything.

bush's biggest mistake (as already stated) was that he did not take the threat of al-qaeda seriously enough his first few months into office. and not to take away from his failure, but one would have to be incredibly ignorant to believe any president could mandate drastic policy change in his first 8 months of service. usually it takes months to get anything to his desk to get it signed, then it usually takes considerable time for it actually to go into place. but like i said, this does not excuse him, not does it excuse the previoius administration.

they both failed us, period.

bush's biggest mistake (as already stated) was that he did not take the threat of al-qaeda seriously enough his first few months into office.

I agree though I do not blame Bush for 9/11.

bush's biggest mistake (as already stated) was that he did not take the threat of al-qaeda seriously enough his first few months into office. and not to take away from his failure, but one would have to be incredibly ignorant to believe any president could mandate drastic policy change in his first 8 months of service. usually it takes months to get anything to his desk to get it signed, then it usually takes considerable time for it actually to go into place. but like i said, this does not excuse him, not does it excuse the previoius administration.

they both failed us, period.

That's the thing though, he didn't need to make drastic policy change, but follow through on the policies set up by the former adminstration.

We can play what if all day long, but there is no if, that even given dire warnings by the previuos admisntration and his own intelligence service, the current adminstration completely ignored terrorism for the first 8 months.