Sign in to follow this  
Jwood

Gonna be out of town Jun 25-Jun 28

Leaving early Friday morning and return Monday evening.

I'm hoping we'll be to the rookie portion or halfway through it. What I'm gonna do is leave a buddy of mine my password and let him do my rookie drafting for me. I don't want to leave a list because I have some "top secret" players that I want to get. :ph34r: :blink:

I'm taking my laptop with me and may be able to check in via the hotel every now and then.

Jwood, where are you staying in SF? business or pleasure?

Jwood, where are you staying in SF? business or pleasure?

Pleasure. The wife and I have never been. Gonna hang out around the Pier 39 area, the Golden Gate Park, Muir Woods, and maybe take a drive up through Napa Valley, if time permits.

Nice, sounds like you are hitting all the top tourist spots. If you need any recommendations shoot me an email.

If you are hoping to check out Alcatraz get tickets now. I have mixed feelings about it; cool tour but very time consuming.

Nice, sounds like you are hitting all the top tourist spots. If you need any recommendations shoot me an email.

If you are hoping to check out Alcatraz get tickets now. I have mixed feelings about it; cool tour but very time consuming.

Thanks! I considered Alcatraz, but heard it was pretty time consuming. If we had more time, I'd like to do it, but I don't think time will permit.

Where's a good restaurant to eat at along Fisherman's Wharf?

Wharf is full of tourist trap type restaurants ----> overpriced and not that great.

However a few good ones are Ana Mandera http://www.anamandara.com/ and McCormick and Culleto's in Ghiradelli Square. Both are a bit pricey though...

Your best bet is to walk 4-5 blocks into North Beach and go to any of the numerous Italian restaurants on Columbus. If you ask around you should find Columbus pretty easily, it is the main street joining the Wharf with downtown. You can't go wrong with any of the Trattorias but some of my favorites are the Steps of Rome and Rose Pistola. Try and get a reservation ahead of time.

Not sure what demographic you and your wife fit into but if you do make it up Columbus don't go too far past Vallejo St. All the strip clubs are up that way and it gets pretty hectic on the weekends. It is a safe area but just not for everyone. But then again, maybe you are looking for that stuff ;)

Have a great time!!!!!!!!

Hopefully we can get this knocked out by then.

Don't blame ya on the list,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'd probably feel the same way.

Sign in to follow this