Sign in to follow this  
Flashover

More Intel Report Released - Iraq is 'cause celebre' for extremists

WASHINGTON - The war in Iraq has become a "cause celebre" for Islamic extremists, breeding deep resentment of the U.S. that probably will get worse before it gets better, federal intelligence analysts conclude in a report at odds with President Bush's portrayal of a world growing safer.

In the bleak report, declassified and released Tuesday on Bush's orders, the nation's most veteran analysts conclude that despite serious damage to the leadership of al-Qaida, the threat from Islamic extremists has spread both in numbers and in geographic reach.

Bush and his top advisers have said the formerly classified assessment of global terrorism supported their arguments that the world is safer because of the war. But more than three pages of stark judgments warning about the spread of terrorism contrasted with the administration's glass-half-full declarations.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060926/ap_on_...HNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

:dunno: :cry:

Wait. Are you telling me Bush told them to declassify portions of the report to show that the leaked info was not indicative of the report as a whole...and the released info was actually MORE damaging? Someone in the administration is getting careless.

Wait. Are you telling me Bush told them to declassify portions of the report to show that the leaked info was not indicative of the report as a whole...and the released info was actually MORE damaging? Someone in the administration is getting careless.

Pretty much a massive self-pwn on Bush's part.

No ... Bush sold it to you ... America bought it. It was sold to you as something else, and you can't return it. It's been broken since you bought it, and now that it's too late ... the guy that sold it to you, is admitting it was a bad idea, before he's exposed any further.

It's too late ... you bought it. Make the best of it.

That's the message to the American people. You've been duped!

Imagine what the unreleased portion said.

I'm waiting for neocon response... which is it?

Is it "we're fighting them there so we're safer here"

or is it "they don't hate us, they hate our freedoms"?

I'm disgusted by all this.

this is just more biased reporting from the left wing propaganda machine.

why don't all you whining whiners go :P to your mommies instead of coming here?

we get it, you don't like bush. who cares what this report by these "intelligence" people says, they're still mad that they focked up on iraq intelligence in the first place. it's THEIR fault, not Bush's.

I suppose the extremists LOVED us under Clinton? :argue: get a clue people, they hate us for who we are, democrat and republican alike.

do you really think Ketchup Kerry or Hitlery would do any better?

that tears it, i'm DEFINITELY not voting for Bush in 2008. :lol:

where's your leader, torridmustafathelionkingjoe? prolly celebrating this glorious news. :cry:

SCOREBOARD :lol:

WASHINGTON - The war in Iraq has become a "cause celebre" for Islamic extremists, breeding deep resentment of the U.S. that probably will get worse before it gets better, federal intelligence analysts conclude in a report at odds with President Bush's portrayal of a world growing safer.

<_<

The really funny part of all of this (funny as in pathetic and sad) is how Bush is resisting releasing any more of this NIE despite calls from the other side of the aisle because of "national security" and because he "doesn't think it's a good idea to release them in general" which he said yesterday. However, he had no problem releasing them back in 2002 when he was trying to sell us on what a great idea the Iraq War would be.

Incredibly, the lemmings are already lining up to defend this one while continuing to ignore that one. :thumbsdown: