Sign in to follow this  
BugsyCicada

Slumming for a TE

I am in a 16 team league and most of the TE's are on a team, I lost Vernon Davis to injury and need to hit the free agent pool. Eric Johnson is actually on a team Do any locals have any insight into the following TE's...

Delanie Walker

Owen Daniels

Bo Scaife

D. Wilcox

Wrighster ( and where the hell is Mercedes Lews ???? )

I can grab Chris Baker and am from NY so I know about him, but the others I havent gotten to watch yet. Last week Wrighster got like 9 looks and has a bunch of receptions. I read a nice article on him being in great shape and this being his free agent year. 1st rd pick Mercades Lewis missed most of preseason and was finally activated this week, he doesnt seem ready. ANyone have any insight? any help would be appreciated.

I would go Scafie. He has a lot of targets over the past two weeks plus he fumbled going into the endzone last week so he could of had 2 TD's last week. I picked him up since somebody waivered E. Johnson before me :rolleyes:

Hope he gives me some decent production until Stevens gets back. My team is averaging like 3.0 from the TE position, that hurts.

i'm in the same predicament. I lost out to eric johnson on waivers and picked up chris baker hoping he can fill in till desmond clark comes back. How has baker looked since you are a jets homer?

i'm in the same predicament. I lost out to eric johnson on waivers and picked up chris baker hoping he can fill in till desmond clark comes back. How has baker looked since you are a jets homer?

Last game he only got about 4 -5 looks. But Pennington does look for him around the goal line and he has very good hands, also has the ability to get moving in the open field if they get him the ball. Right now they are using him like the Pack used Bubba Franks, but he is definitely developing with every game. They moved all of there other TE's before the season started and gave him the job. He is a decent option, but without a score in a game, he is kind of useless right now. Have you given any thought to George Wrighster...check out this article..

http://www.jaguars.com/story/5199.asp

I know they drafted Mercedes Lewis, but Wrighster had 9 looks last week and actually looked good. Jax offense is serviceable and they spread it around alot. Trying to find a TE with some upside. Might be a reach but I am leaning towards him, Baker is my second choice. If Heap falls apart again, Wilcox could be a real sleeper. what do you think ?

:rolleyes: Owen

Any insight on Owen Daniels ? would greatly appreciate it

I lost Vernon Davis to injury and need to hit the free agent pool. Eric Johnson is actually on a team

What, you mean you didn't have your TE handcuff??? :thumbsup:

- Just kidding dude.

I would take Owen Daniels since he has had Two TD's.

He is on the field more b/c he can block and is pretty decent with the catch so they don't need to use Mark Bruner to block or use the TE3.

Houston at Miami, I expect Carr to get 2 TDS or more in this game.

I recommended Owen Daniels to several people and plugged him for Gates last week in my dynasty league.

On my sig team he is my bye week fill-in for Watson.

First pick of the 4th round, sneaky red zone option for the Badgers, 4.7 40, he's a very good athlete.

QB in Naperville where he also played b-ball and ran track, moved to TE a couple 3-4 years ago, he's the Texans emergency QB.

Spent Week 1 blocking Kearse, 10 targets the last 2 games, 5 catches, 2 TDs (33 and 2).

I took 16 and 33's advise a few weeks ago when I needed to dump Hilton and grabbed Daniels. He played for me last week since Heap was GTD and I got a TD out of Daniels last week.

I'd take Owen Daniels or Baker.

They each have 2 TD's and Carr seems to have man love for Daniels who is also an emergency QB.

Baker will be more involved in the O this year. I read it several times that he has lost some weight and Eric Mangini is known to involve TE's. Their new O Coordinator, Brian Schottenheimer , came from the Chargers and we all know what he did with Gates.

I watch all the Jets snaps and yes, Baker is also a viable option this year. Chadwick will look for him in the RZ as a 2nd/3rd progression, but my Jets sleeper of the week is little Leon Washington. Think MDJ.

You guys seem a bit high on Daniels. I was at the Colts game and he didn't do anything until the Colts had their 2nd team D on the field. Last week he caught 1 pass, though it was a TD.

I would like Baker over him as well as Scaife who has 3 catches in each of that last 2 weeks and Collins is looking to him a lot.

I would take Owen Daniels since he has had Two TD's.

Chris Baker has 2 TD's and Scaife could have 2 as well.

I would probably rank them in non-PPR

Baker

Scaife

Dainels

You guys seem a bit high on Daniels. I was at the Colts game and he didn't do anything until the Colts had their 2nd team D on the field. Last week he caught 1 pass, though it was a TD.

The Colts put their backup defense in the 2nd Q? That's when he caught 3 of his passes.

The 33 yard TD came on the first drive of the 4th Q.

Sure looked to me like the starters were still in the game.

Hey what do I know, you were there charting the substitutions.

If he caught 3 of them in the second Q then most of the Colts first team D was out there.

Looks like Vince Young likes Scaife. Hope you got him. I'd go after him or Troupe after this past weekend.

I know they drafted Mercedes Lewis, but Wrighster had 9 looks last week and actually looked good. Jax offense is serviceable and they spread it around alot. Trying to find a TE with some upside. Might be a reach but I am leaning towards him, Baker is my second choice. If Heap falls apart again, Wilcox could be a real sleeper. what do you think ?

Any insight on Owen Daniels ? would greatly appreciate it

Wrighster has been a quiet favorite target of Leftwich. His blocking keeps him on the field and Lewis off. Plus, Lewis has had very few reps due to the pre-season injury. If your league is TD heavy, look at Wrighster.

Previous post mentioned Scaife. Young made a Texas TE an All American. He'll continue to look that way in the NFL.

Sorted by target data over the season so far, here's what things look like:

First number is targests, then receptions, rec. %, red zone targets, red zone rec., rz %, rec., yards, TDs

7 George Wrighster 23 15 65 % 1 1 100 % 15 128 0

8 Tony Gonzalez 22 17 77 % 4 2 50 % 17 147 1

9 Chris Cooley 22 11 50 % 3 0 0 % 11 108 0

10 Eric Johnson 20 11 55 % 3 3 100 % 11 103 1

11 Jermaine Wiggins 18 14 78 % 0 0 0 % 14 121 0

12 Antonio Gates 18 10 56 % 4 1 25 % 10 122 1

13 Dallas Clark 18 9 50 % 4 1 25 % 9 109 2

14 Jason Witten 18 9 50 % 2 1 50 % 9 97 0

15 Bubba Franks 18 9 50 % 2 0 0 % 9 89 0

16 Randy McMichael 17 10 59 % 2 1 50 % 10 113 0

17 Jeremy Shockey 16 11 69 % 1 1 100 % 11 134 1

18 Bo Scaife 16 10 63 % 3 2 67 % 10 158 1

19 Daniel Graham 16 7 44 % 7 2 29 % 7 93 1

20 Ben Troupe 16 6 38 % 2 1 50 % 6 103 1

21 Vernon Davis 12 5 42 % 2 0 0 % 5 37 1

22 Randal Williams 12 3 25 % 2 1 50 % 3 43 0

23 Tony Scheffler 11 1 9 % 3 0 0 % 1 9 0

24 Chris Baker 10 9 90 % 3 3 100 % 9 60 2

Some more prominent TEs are even further down this list. By this data, grab Wrighster if you can! Bo Scaife looks like the better choice slightly over Troupe, but what's the story with Erron Kinney? If Kinney comes back, does their production plummet? Baker hardly gets any looks, but he makes the most out of his opportunities. I'm in PPR, so I like the guys getting all the looks. Further down the list is Itula Mili who appears to be getting more action as the weeks go on, and I think he works his way back into the offense... at least until Stevens gets back.

Nice job, Henwah. I had just picked up Wrightster due to the targets. My other TE is Troupe. Looks like I should drop him for the just-released Jermaine Wiggins.

If he caught 3 of them in the second Q then most of the Colts first team D was out there.

in my league, its all about the O...i get the same # of points regardless of what D he faces...

unlike colston, he actually IS a tight end and you wont get kicked out of your league for playing him...