Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

I'm going to be in a TV series!@#

OK, not really. Last week there were a bunch of crane lights down the street from my house. Today they are setting them up right in front of my house. I went and asked whazzup, they are filming a new show called "Hidden Palms" in our neighborhood. Linky

Apparently we are playing an upscale Palm Springs neighborhood. Why they don't just do it in Palm Springs... :banana:

Oh, and those who followed my story from a while back of the rich divorced woman who threw a party for herself in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho... they are using her house. Funny thing is, she would be perfect as a mom on this show, and she wouldn't even need to act.

Johnny Miller was a happy, well-adjusted 15-year-old with good grades and a roomful of sports trophies until the terrible night his father committed suicide. Now, one year later, Johnny lives in the surreal, sun-drenched city of Palm Springs with his mother and her new husband. On the outside, Palm Springs is a shimmering paradise of resorts, swimming pools, golf courses and country clubs. But as Johnny learns the secrets that lie just beneath the surface of this seemingly typical neighborhood, he and his family are forced to ask the question: how well do you really know the people who live right next door?

Should be strange to see your house (if they get it in a shot) on a television show, or your neighborhood at least. Might be cheaper to not actually do it in Palm Springs, though Palm Springs is closer to LA.

you should charge them a convenience fee

Should be strange to see your house (if they get it in a shot) on a television show, or your neighborhood at least. Might be cheaper to not actually do it in Palm Springs, though Palm Springs is closer to LA.

In the movie Swordfish they filmed it in my town at the tiem Ventura. They not only showed the bar (next to the bank shot) that my dad managed in his younger days but also the apartment complex they managed...wierd :ninja:

Agreed on the strangeness, they aren't planning to shoot ours. But seeing our frined's would be odd.

On the cheapness, maybe so. Linky

Although the series' pilot was filmed in Palm Springs and Indian Wells, shooting is underway in the Scottsdale-Phoenix area, a spokeswoman for Lionsgate Television said. Arizona offers tax incentives to lure productions there: "Hidden Palms" arrival "means jobs for Arizona," said Arizona Department of Commerce spokesman David Drennon.

you should charge them a convenience fee

My wife called our frined whose house I mentioned. She didn't seem to know much more than I learned from the production crew, except that they are going to shoot some scenes in her backyard as well. Her ex-hubby has the kids tonight thru the weekend, so she is just planning to stay out. We saw some painting and stuff there earlier in the week, I wonder if she got some $$$ for all of this? You would think so.

For me, I just have to drive around the cranes. Kinda hard to ask for a convenience fee...