Sign in to follow this  
mc_gambler

Westbrook not to play?!

Just heard on ESPN that Westbrook will be a late scratch from the game and that Buckhalter will be the starting back. Anyone know anything more??

Westbrook, Shepard, Hood all deactivated.

Donté is ready to go though

Whew... I'm down by 3. I have Stallworth, he has Westbrook. :ninja:

If this is real, I'm hunting you down and laying a big ole kiss on your wife. If this is bogus, I'm just gonna hunt you down like a rabid dog :ninja:

Ugh..down by 54 going into tonight; was hoping that BWB, LJ, Jennings & Philly DST could magically pull one out for me... At least I have CBuck to start in BWB's place, but no way he'll produce near what BWB could have.. I am fooked... Well, for us BWB owners, at least the question about whether Moats would play in the event of a BWB injury will be answered tonight...

Ugh..down by 54 going into tonight; was hoping that BWB, LJ, Jennings & Philly DST could magically pull one out for me... At least I have CBuck to start in BWB's place, but no way he'll produce near what BWB could have.. I am fooked... Well, for us BWB owners, at least the question about whether Moats would play in the event of a BWB injury will be answered tonight...

You guys are smoking crack. Westbrook is playing.

from aol

10/02/06 07:12 PM

THE NEWS

Eagles running back Brian Westbrook will not play in Monday night's game against the Packers. He was listed as questionable due to continued inflammation in his right knee, but he practiced on Saturday. Correll Buckhalter will start in his place, ESPN reported.

Our View

We're shocked by this news, as Westbrook played the last two Sundays and head coach Andy Reid previously insinuated that Brian's ailment was improving. We expect Ryan Moats and possibly Reno Mahe to help Buckhalter carry the load, but fantasy owners who need to make a last-minute switch should use Correll.

Guys, I'm local here in Philly. Westbrook, Sheppard, and Hood are all inactive for tonite's game.

It's been reported here on local radio and the local TV coverage of the pregame.

This is what I've heard.

I think now the Eagles will have trouble winning this game. The starting corners are Brown and Euselion Hanson, with Dexter Wynn playing the nickel.

Favre and McNabb are gonna have HUGE games.

I think the Eagles are gonna have trouble defending the pass.

Hanson takes over for Sheppard, whose spot was being filled in by the very capable Rod Hood. Hood is also a scratch for tonite, which means that Dexter Wynn takes the nickel back spot.

And, in the dime package, the Eagles will put safety Sean Considine in the package. Considine is also nursing a hip.

Not a good sign for the Eagles. :dunno:

You guys are smoking crack. Westbrook is playing.

Dude, you're the one that needs to put down the pipe...step away slowly...