Sign in to follow this  
thegreatone3

Drew Bennett

Since Tennessee handed the keys to Vince Young, I'm wondering if Drew Bennett is worth a roster spot. This week's 2 catch, 10 yard performance has me skeptical.

happens to me all the time when i draft a wr. with volek, who threw for 400 yards every start he made, bennett was a #1 wr. with young, drops to a ww player. i'm dropping him.

No way I'm dropping him. The Titans will still have to try and win games. I expect Vince to throw and throw often and Drew Bennett to benefit.

Look at Chad Johnson, his stat line was about the same week 3 as Drew Bennett's week 4. And Carson Palmer has sucked 2 out of 4 games - you wouldn't even think about dropping CJ.

My point is receivers are always up and down, that's part of the reason running backs that get the rock 20+ times a game are so valuable - at least running backs more often don't have complete let downs like wide receivers - although who knows this year the way Caddy and Lamont Jordan started. Now I'm completely off topic.

I still like Bennett!

The tennessee Titans are the new black hole of fantasy football. I wouldn't touch anyone on that team, no mater who they are playing.

I'm keeping him. Probably gonna have him on the bench for a while. Let Vince get some playing time under his belt and develop timing/chemistry with the wr's. Also Drew is in a contract year and will be playing hard. He could be the David Carr of wrs in garbage time ff production.

The tennessee Titans are the new black hole of fantasy football. I wouldn't touch anyone on that team, no mater who they are playing.

That's what everybody said about the Raiders, Lamont saved my butt this week, I'm holding onto him just cause he's a #1 receiver on his squad, he'll be just as good as Fitz & Boldin w/ a rook QB, esp. with their shoddy D, at least I hope! I think the real cause for week 4 nonproduction is pass protection, neither have any.

I thought it was Oakland. At least a couple of weeks back it was, has anything changed ?

I'm dropping him for furrey. He might end hte year with decent numbers, but will be too inconsistent to start on a regular basis. If you can find a more upside wr in the wire, I'd drop him...

unfortunatelly, Bennett's value has plummeted with Young under center. It will stay that way until Young shows that he will (1) target Bennett on a regular basis and (2) display the ability to actually get Bennett the ball. Neither of those things occurred in week 4. I wouldn't drop him just yet, as Bennett is still the teams clear cut #1 WR.

History has shown that rookie QBs on teams with weak WR cores, will first look to the TE. Generally, TE routes are shorter and less dangerous.

As they progress and get more comfortable, rookie QBs will then develop a radar lock on the wr they feel most comfortable with (in the case Bennett, due to his size)

Expect Bennett to be inconsistant the next few weeks as Young developes. As a Bennett owner, I plan to bench him in favor of Colston/Jennings until Week 8 when the Titans host Houston, and then play the matchups from then on.

He is a free agent at the end of this season. I have him as a lockable final fiver maybe he will catch on with a good q/b for next season.