Huge Trade Offer

CBS League, Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, k, d. All Td's 6 points

QBs: Culpepper, Alex Smith

RBs: Rudi Johnson, Steven Jackson, Caddy Williams

WR: Steve Smith, Houshmanzadeh, Stallworth

TE: LJ SMith

K: WHo Cares

D: WHO Cares

Just got offered 2 trades both by same team.

Trade 1:

Deuce McAllister, Michael Vick, Reggie Wayne for Culpepper and Caddy

Trade 2:

Deuce McAllister, Michael Vick, Marvin Harrison for Culepper and Caddy

Now I don't like Vick as a qb at all but here's my thinking. I'm not going to start caddy over rudi or steven anytime this year. So Mac can be a bye week fill in. Also with stallworth being injured I could start steve smith and marvin harrison every week. Then I could try to trade say Vick and STallworth for Delhomme type trade. I like trade 2 over trade one. The guy also has Jake Plummer on his team so maybe try to get plummer instead of vick? I'm 3-1 and leading league in points right now, this could put me over top!! Post a link, will help others!

I believe it could be a good trade. Vick, although I don't like him much may be the best QB of the ones involved. Harrison would look really good on your team. Duece is fine. But, you would have two of your three RB's on bye week seven. Plus who are you going to drop? So, if you do this would you be willing to trade a WR for a fill in RB? I say sit tight for now.

Obviously, this other person thinks that Culpepper and Caddy are both buy-low candidates. Unfortunately, they are offering you too much for them. That being said, I don't think the trade upgrades your WRs or QBs enough to make the trade. You have great RBs and good WRs, so the trade you should be making is something like Caddy and Cpep for Palmer or Manning. If all TDs are worth 6 points, you need a top-tier QB. With three stud RBs, you have the tools to get him. With your roster, I would even consider offering Cpep, Caddy, and Stallworth or Housh for a Manning/Palmer and an adequate WR3. If I were you, I would not even worry about a trade that doesn't significantly upgrade your QB situation.

At first I thought this trade was great for you but when you consider who you have to drop I'm not sure. Also, if it causes a bye week problem that is also bad. I agree with the last post...if you could upgrade at QB more that is the trade you should go for.

QBs: Culpepper, Alex Smith

RBs: Rudi Johnson, Steven Jackson, Caddy Williams, Chris Brown, Norwood, Buckhalter

WR: Steve Smith, Houshmanzadeh, Stallworth

TE: LJ SMith

K: WHo Cares

D: WHO Cares

I added the last 3 rb's b/c I do have some players to drop. I'm also worried about Stallworth's Hammy. He had an mri done today. With caddy's offense and mac getting the ball, vick running the ball. It seems like I make this trade, throw in norwood for the bye week, and then try to package say Vick and Stallworth and Mac for a Manning type player. Still leaving me with depth at wr

if you dont really need caddy or mcallister much then its like your trading culpepper for vick and harrison. definitely accept this. you could ty to go for plummer i guess instead of vick but if he rejects it i wouldnt want him to end up changing his mind about the first trade he offered you. i would just take it right now.

Accept that trade quickly! I think Vick is just as good as Culpepper if not better. Basically you are getting Harrison and McAllister for Caddy. Do that trade.

I say you do it...

You know who you're starting RB's are and Deuce has shown he is a more than capable 3rd fantasy back. I always steer clear of Vick, but Alex Smith has been putting up decent numbers and maybe Vick is just having one of those years rushing where he will be a viable fantasy player. And I love the WR's you'll be getting.

I may be wrong, but I think that Vick is better than Dante. Atlanta is moving up and Miami is moving down. All things being equal (and fantasy speaking Vick = Culpeppy) I would rather have a QB on a winning team vs a losing team. So in this trade you are upgrading (slightly?????) your QB and definately upgrading your WR without a loss to RB. Sounds good.

If that guy is desperate then counter with an eye to trade someone else for a really good upgrade QB. Your league with 6 pts a pass td really favors QB. You will need an upgrade QB.

Mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=240442

Kinda Split with thoughts right now. Any more ideas?

Do it and drop Brown or Buckhalter and pick up Pittman. Then when Caddy's back goes out for the season you can trade the guy again for whatever he has left.

I would take the Harrison trade, this would give you nice depth at WR and I would take Vick over Culpepper. I know, call me crazy, but Culpepper is no good this year and the Falcons are rollin. Caddy and Deuce are going to just be your backup anyways, so to me it comes down to Harrison and Vick for Culpepper.

Thanks for mine.

Do it, Culppepper has little value and even though Caddy may turn it around you are getting good value in return.

thanks for the help