Sign in to follow this  
p00h

Have you seen SA's schedule 2nd half of the season...

I own SA in 2 leagues. Got him at 3 in 1, and then had the 1st overall in another and took him so I could root for him in 2 leagues as opposed to him and LJ, or LT. I was hella pissed when he went down, but now, looking at his schedule down the stretch run, if I can get by the next few weeks, it's gonna be gold Jerry! HE'll be fresh while most other backs will be dinged up, and a few will be missing significant time. I'm 3-1 in 1 league, 2-2 in another, lets see how it plays out...

Oct 15 @St. Louis 1:00pm 144 125

Oct 22 Minnesota 4:15pm 130 143

Oct 29 @Kansas City 1:00pm 158 117

Nov 6 Oakland 8:30pm 125 123

Nov 12 St. Louis 4:15pm 147 130

Nov 19 @San Francisco 4:05pm 130 147

Nov 27 Green Bay 8:30pm 125 123

Dec 3 @Denver 4:15pm 125 123

Dec 10 @Arizona 4:05pm 130 147

Dec 14 San Francisco 8:00pm 125 123

Dec 24 San Diego 4:15pm 125 123

Dec 31 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm 158 158

I can't imagine anyone outside the NFC west having a softer schedule...

His schedule from Week 14-16 is why I drafted him at #1 overall.

But what if SEA has home field wrapped up and they decide to rest him?

With the way the Bears are playing, their schedule AND owning the tie-breaker over Seattle, I don't see Seattle wrapping-up home field all that easily.

Well the loss to the bears took care of that business. They should be pretty well off by then, no doubt about that, but the middle games will be nice production out of a fresh SA...

Well the loss to the bears took care of that business. They should be pretty well off by then, no doubt about that, but the middle games will be nice production out of a fresh SA...

the bears are :wub: but they arent running the table..they almost lost to the vikes..someone will get them..its just a matter of if seattle can stay close and get a game up(since chi has head to head)...

all games will mean something for seattle...and morris will do fine the week after the bye..rest SA...he'll be back soon enough...

What if you don't get to the playoffs. :rolleyes:

I draft to make the playoffs, not draft to have the best projected matchups during the playoffs.

Planning during your draft who your starting lineup could be week 15 and 16 is errogant and plain old a bad idea.

What if you don't get to the playoffs. :dunno:

I draft to make the playoffs, not draft to have the best projected matchups during the playoffs.

Planning during your draft who your starting lineup could be week 15 and 16 is errogant and plain old a bad idea.

C'mon, when you're trying to decide between LJ, LT, and SA you need SOMETHING to lean you in one guy's direction over the other. Playoff matchups seem like a good tie-breaker to me.

I agree that it's not a good strategy for an entire draft but this guy had the #1 overall pick.

C'mon, when you're trying to decide between LJ, LT, and SA you need SOMETHING to lean you in one guy's direction over the other. Playoff matchups seem like a good tie-breaker to me.

I agree that it's not a good strategy for an entire draft but this guy had the #1 overall pick.

Let's see if his cracked foot holds up until the end of the season, once broken, always weaker.

once broken, always weaker.

whats that something your grandpa walked around saying about his hip?!? THis is 2006. A lot of atheletes come back STRONGER from serious injuries, just because of the methods in which they rehab. It's not like he shattered his knee. Very little doubt that he will be back at 100% strength pre injury...

Home Field... they're going to need to battle to win the division :dunno:

"Let's see if his cracked foot holds up until the end of the season, once broken, always weaker." = Not true. Broken bones ALWAYS heal stonger than before. It's common knowledge.

You ALWAYS look at the playoff schedule of players when drafting because it's dumb not to. It never hurts to plan ahead. Plus in my league as I'm sure as others, we play for total points as well as head to head and a good schedule is a good schedule. SA is money when he returns. :dunno:

I own SA in 2 leagues. Got him at 3 in 1, and then had the 1st overall in another and took him so I could root for him in 2 leagues as opposed to him and LJ, or LT. I was hella pissed when he went down, but now, looking at his schedule down the stretch run, if I can get by the next few weeks, it's gonna be gold Jerry! HE'll be fresh while most other backs will be dinged up, and a few will be missing significant time. I'm 3-1 in 1 league, 2-2 in another, lets see how it plays out...

Oct 15 @St. Louis 1:00pm 144 125

Oct 22 Minnesota 4:15pm 130 143

Oct 29 @Kansas City 1:00pm 158 117

Nov 6 Oakland 8:30pm 125 123

Nov 12 St. Louis 4:15pm 147 130

Nov 19 @San Francisco 4:05pm 130 147

Nov 27 Green Bay 8:30pm 125 123

Dec 3 @Denver 4:15pm 125 123

Dec 10 @Arizona 4:05pm 130 147

Dec 14 San Francisco 8:00pm 125 123

Dec 24 San Diego 4:15pm 125 123

Dec 31 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm 158 158

I can't imagine anyone outside the NFC west having a softer schedule...

So are you really pumping up a guy with a broken foot and saying he will have the best end of season? First you should hope he comes back a plays. And by play I don't mean what he was doing prior to the injury. I mean plays like he did last season. And than your last couple weeks (don't know which involve your playoffs) he goes against:

Denver (0 rush TDs so far)

Arizona (held him to 89 yds)

San Fran (easy)

San Diego (#2 against the run)

TB (easy)

If you are definitely making the playoffs and have a wk 17 championship than it is good. But if you are hoping for blow up games to get you in the playoffs you are in trouble. At least it is not the lock you came here to brag about.

So are you really pumping up a guy with a broken foot and saying he will have the best end of season? First you should hope he comes back a plays. And by play I don't mean what he was doing prior to the injury. I mean plays like he did last season. And than your last couple weeks (don't know which involve your playoffs) he goes against:

San Fran (easy)

TB (easy)

If you are definitely making the playoffs and have a wk 17 championship than it is good. But if you are hoping for blow up games to get you in the playoffs you are in trouble. At least it is not the lock you came here to brag about.

has a 4 game cake walk stretch ! That should get many into playoff contention alone !

As an SA owner, I was happy to see Seattle lose to the Bears, BUT, think about it: I think now we need to see the Bears lose a game. Seattle could just as easily rest SA towards the end of the year b/c they have no shot of home field, assuming the Bears don't lose.... No reason to play SA, especially week 17 (championship week for me in one league) & maybe reduced touches in week 16, if Seattle can't improve their playoff position...

Personally, I'm still a bit leery of SA, no matter what their schedule is. He didn't exactly blow up in week 2 vs AZ... I sure as hell need SA since I am expecting to hear that Westbrook (my other injured RB) is having surgery next week....

whats that something your grandpa walked around saying about his hip?!? THis is 2006. A lot of atheletes come back STRONGER from serious injuries, just because of the methods in which they rehab. It's not like he shattered his knee. Very little doubt that he will be back at 100% strength pre injury...

I love it when SA owners have to post stuff like this to make themselves not feel so bad for taking him. :wub:

What if you don't get to the playoffs. :wub:

NOT making the playoffs is not an option. I've yet to miss the playoffs in the 7 years the league has been in existance.

As someone previously said, when you have the choice with the #1 pick, the fantasy playoff schedule is HUGE.

I have him and he is stashed away on my bench. I hope he plays and plays well, but I am not counting on it. I dont know why, but he doesnt look like the guy that had 1800 yds and 28 TDs last year. Maybe its, Hutch being gone, maybe it is his new HEFTY contract or maybe it is The Madden Curse, but he wasnt playing well before he left injured vs 2 VERY POOR run defenses, there is nothing that shows he will be any better when he gets back. I hope so, but I am not counting on it.

San Fran (easy)

TB (easy)

Add up the RB FP/GM given up by all the defenses that SA is facing for the rest of the season and compare to every other RB. SA's SOS is top 3 for the ROY. Furthermore, why would anyone have to justify pumping up one of THE most consistent RBs in the NFL for the last few years? He has gotten off to a rough start, but chances are he rebounds. The foot is broken in a NON-WEIGHT bearing toe....not to mention it is very minor. Its so serious that SA wanted to play, but the team wisely suggested he rest going into the bye. Count me in as one guy who plans on targeting SA in many leagues.