Sign in to follow this  
mizerable25

Rudi for Tiki

I just traded away Tiki and Braylon Edwards for Rudi and Doug Gabriel. I dont like the future of Tiki's season. The defense stinks so the are always playing from behind and throwing and Jacobs is a beast. On the other hand with Rudi; the defense has been solid, the passing game of Cinci gets a good lead and then Rudi puts up big #s. Did I do the right thing besides not wait next week after Cinci bye ?

I like getting Rudi for Tiki.. Tiki can be a yardage monster.. but Rudi is a pretty safe bet for TDs and like you said, the team situation seems to favor Cincy's running game more.

This is a big game for the GMen -- if they can beat Wash again and run the ball well, and get a pass rush -- the conditions that have lead them to being such a passing team might balance out.

Rudi should do you right -- he is a solid #1 RB.

I normally hate these "a little help" threads but you made such a TERRIBLE trade that it requires commenting on. Both of the players you traded are worse than the players you got back.

At BEST Tiki/Rudi is a push, and you gave up a MUCH better receiver.

But Tiki/Rudi isn't a push. You are right that the Giants might trail in games, but that is when Barber is the most dangerous. He catches a lot of balls out of the backfield for big yards, and they still run him when they are down and the defenses are playing a prevent, and he rips off big yards.

If you think the giants stink, that's all the reason to keep Barber, he's the perfect player in an offense that will be trailing. Jacobs might get goalline carries, but Barber never got those anyway and always put up huge numbers. And Jacobs isn't going to get a lot of work in games they are trailing, he is a "run out the clock" kind of back.

What a horrible trade

The dude above is competely wrong. I have Rudi this year and he's been a monster. Tiki isn't off to a good start, the Giants are passing more now that Eli is better, and the Giants have a goalline TD stealer. Rudi will finish Top 5 this year.

Great Trade!

I normally hate these "a little help" threads but you made such a TERRIBLE trade that it requires commenting on. Both of the players you traded are worse than the players you got back.

At BEST Tiki/Rudi is a push, and you gave up a MUCH better receiver.

But Tiki/Rudi isn't a push. You are right that the Giants might trail in games, but that is when Barber is the most dangerous. He catches a lot of balls out of the backfield for big yards, and they still run him when they are down and the defenses are playing a prevent, and he rips off big yards.

If you think the giants stink, that's all the reason to keep Barber, he's the perfect player in an offense that will be trailing. Jacobs might get goalline carries, but Barber never got those anyway and always put up huge numbers. And Jacobs isn't going to get a lot of work in games they are trailing, he is a "run out the clock" kind of back.

What a horrible trade

I appreciate your opinion and thankfully its just that. AN OPINION. I feel more confidant in with Rudi than Tiki and I guess only time will tell for me. As far as you thinking I gave up a "much better" receiver makes me believe your not exactly a guru and probably should have stuck with your first instinct and not have commented. #1 this was not a "little help" thread. I was asking for an opinion NOT help, which is what this board is about. #2 Gabriel has played only 2 weeks and has clearly already become Brady's favorite target. How can that be a big drop off at wr ? The chemistry can only get better with them. So as far as your opinion goes. Thanks but no thanks. Try to be a little more classy next time.

I like Rudi better than Tiki too. If the Giants lose tomorrow (I'm a Giants homer), I fear what may become of the season as the players maybe turn on Coughlin and this affects every game from here on out. Possibly turning this into a season to forget with lots of losses which means lots of playing from behind. Which means lot of passing. Which means less of Tiki.

And for the guy who said Tiki excels when they have to pass...well, the Giants have been behind most of this season and been forced to pass.......Tiki's numbers have been so so and definitely not top 5.

People are overreacting to Tiki's slow start, which is really only two games as he had a strong showing in Indi. He's actually ahead in terms of carries and yardage of where he was last season. This is a close call, but I like Tiki here. Look for the Giants to get back to running the ball this weekend.

Rudi's schedule get's extremely tough as the year goes on, but Tiki's schedule get's much easier later in the year.

I'm a Rudi owner and I've been trying to trade him all week just for this reason. It does get tough.

I'm a Rudi owner and I've been trying to trade him all week just for this reason. It does get tough.

You know he's put up 1500 yards and 12 TD's each of the last two years playing that same tough schedule, right?

FWIW, I like the Rudi side of that trade. I just made a very similar deal, I gave Ronnie Brown and Grossman for Rudi and Phillip Rivers (who will never play for me as I have Hasselbeck, Leftwich and Brees already).

You know he's put up 1500 yards and 12 TD's each of the last two years playing that same tough schedule, right?

FWIW, I like the Rudi side of that trade. I just made a very similar deal, I gave Ronnie Brown and Grossman for Rudi and Phillip Rivers (who will never play for me as I have Hasselbeck, Leftwich and Brees already).

Yeah his division schedule is the same. His opponents this year outside of the division is alot more harder than it was last year. Last year he didn't have any tough out of division opponennts.

Yeah his division schedule is the same. His opponents this year outside of the division is alot more harder than it was last year. Last year he didn't have any tough out of division opponennts.

Might want to do some background before you make claims like this. Rudi played Chicago, Indy and Jax last year out of the division, three top 10 defenses in least fantasy points allowed to RB's. He played his same tough division schedule with Pit and Bal on the menu twice as well.

I do agree his schedule is a bit tougher this year... but don't you remember that three week stretch last season where Rudi scored 20+ fantasy points against Ind, Bal and Pit, three of the top run defenses that year? Johnson can produce against anyone with his potential for scoring TD's in bunches.

Based on 2005 stats:

Over his first 5 games, Rudi's opponent's give up an average 17.3 fantasy points to RBs per game. In the final 5 games, they yield only 15.3.

Over his first 5 games, Tiki's opponent's give up an average 16.2 fantasy points to RBs per game. In the final 5 games, they yield 18.0.

In the playoff weeks (weeks 14, 15, and 16) Tiki's opponents give up 20.4 points per game. Rudi's opponent's give up 14.9 points.

Sell Rudi high.

Based on 2005 stats:

Over his first 5 games, Rudi's opponent's give up an average 17.3 fantasy points to RBs per game. In the final 5 games, they yield only 15.3.

Over his first 5 games, Tiki's opponent's give up an average 16.2 fantasy points to RBs per game. In the final 5 games, they yield 18.0.

In the playoff weeks (weeks 14, 15, and 16) Tiki's opponents give up 20.4 points per game. Rudi's opponent's give up 14.9 points.

Sell Rudi high.

Here's your problem

Based on 2005 stats:

You can use 2005 stats to talk about what Rudi and Tiki did last year, but to use them to talk about what their going to do in the playoffs is a little questionable. See, last year, Indy was a top 5 rush defense. This year, they suck.

Look at the playoff schedules:

Tiki:

@Car

Phi

NOR

Rudi:

Oak

@Ind

@Den

Rudi has the tougher week 16, but I am much more confident in starting him weeks 14 and 15 against Oak and Ind than Tiki against Car and Phi.

Plus Rudi doesn't have a young stud stealing his goal-line carries.

Here's your problem

You can use 2005 stats to talk about what Rudi and Tiki did last year, but to use them to talk about what their going to do in the playoffs is a little questionable. See, last year, Indy was a top 5 rush defense. This year, they suck.

Look at the playoff schedules:

Tiki:

@Car

Phi

NOR

Rudi:

Oak

@Ind

@Den

Rudi has the tougher week 16, but I am much more confident in starting him weeks 14 and 15 against Oak and Ind than Tiki against Car and Phi.

You make a good point here, that this is a new year, and that is why I made sure to list that the stats were from 2006. Can teams rise up (or regress back to) their 2005 forms? I would say many of them will by the end of the season. There will always be suprises, but can they sustain their level of success (or lack thereof) for an entire year?

Plus Rudi doesn't have a young stud stealing his goal-line carries.

Nice afterthought. However, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Jacobs steal goal-line carries last year? Remind me how that turned out.

You paid through the nose for this trade. Tiki gets stronger as the season progresses. Also, why would you trade Edwards? This trade might kill your season.

You make a good point here, that this is a new year, and that is why I made sure to list that the stats were from 2006. Can teams rise up (or regress back to) their 2005 forms? I would say many of them will by the end of the season. There will always be suprises, but can they sustain their level of success (or lack thereof) for an entire year?

Nice afterthought. However, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Jacobs steal goal-line carries last year? Remind me how that turned out.

Yes, but Tiki also got over 400 touches last year. Jacobs is emerging as a suitable alternative that keeps Tiki fresh. Jacobs only had 39 touches all last year, and he has 18 through three games this season. No doubt his role is expanding and he is the exclusive goal line back. This is another one of those situations that is good for the NYG, but not your fantasy team.

Rudi has Chris Perry, but Perry only plays on third downs and is no threat to Rudi's carries and TD's, which is where all his value has traditionally come from over the years. Rudi is younger and a workhorse.

I just disagree that you should sell Rudi right now, unless you are getting LT or LJ.

At this stage of the season, I'd take rudi over tiki any day of the week. if for nothing else, jacobs is a beast and will vulture atleast 5 tds from tiki, if not damn near every td inside the 5 yardline. Tiki is a yardage beast, and will end the season with heavy rusing and receiving yards, but tds are gonna be suspect. Rudi smells the endzone and gets paid consistently...

I own both backs in different leagues and like them equally. I don't like the trade because I am high no Edwards but the backs to me are a wash. Tiki has had someone stealing goaline carries since poor pitiful Ron Dayne yet he manages to finish top 5 year in and year out. I do believe you gave up more because Tiki catches alot of balls and Edwards is going to have a good year. Gabriel has looked good but the situation itself(new player, new team) puts him in a lower tier than Edwards. Good luck though and if Tiki has good week I will look to move him but for a Top 2 RB.

You paid through the nose for this trade. Tiki gets stronger as the season progresses. Also, why would you trade Edwards? This trade might kill your season.

Edwards was in the deal because he needed a receiver. I was just in it for the rb swap. My other receivers are Steve Smith, T.O. (through a previous trade), D. Jax, Colston and Jennings.

IMO, Rudi does for Cinci what THolt does for St Louis.... consistent yardage and TDs year after year. They may not be the #1 statwise for the position in the NFL when the season's over, but their consistent output is a safer bet.

And Rudi delivers regardless the schedule. He's also much more of an attractive option on draft day if you are able to cuff him with Perry who will return in a couple.