Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

Global Warming takes a year off.

Guest Davaco

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20061010/sc_...esstudysuggests

i guess you were wrong. as usual

:dunno:

wow. thats really not a good argument at all. first of all, the two have never been proven to be related. on the contrary, most evidence says they are not related.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_nino this is one link, there are many others

Talk to people who actually study this stuff. Geologists, Meteorologists...peopel who do this stuff for a living, not politicians. not scientists who are bucking for grant money. not lobbyists, or PAC's. Even the Ex-Head of Greenpeace was confronted on this issue, and is a non-believer when confronted with real, hard data, and not projections from computer models (Sorry, no link on that one, i'll get it though).

Just 30 years ago, scientists were screaming about global COOLING. the TRUTH is, there has been no pattern, not even in the last 100 years of industrialization, that would indicate humans are responsible for the temperature changes the earth has experienced:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jh...4/09/do0907.xml

there is so much speculation that accompanies Global Warning. its not an earlhly problem- its a political problem. Politicians want to hang their environmental hats on "Scientific" models that are based on projection and conjecture. every statement about global warming contains some, or all of the following words: "if", "might", "could", "probably", "perhaps", "expected", "projected" or "modelled".

As an engineer and a computer modeler, I know that models are inherently wrong. if they get within 50% they've done well. Every model is subject to bias, as there is a person(s) writing them.

More and more real scientists are starting to see the light. i spoke with several geologists recently (Sorry, no link, as it was a casual conversation over dinner) who have been all ver the world, and seen a lot. and they'll be the first to tell you that the whole "Shrinking" glaciers theory is completely bogus. they are dropping sheets of ice from the edges, but the core of ice is thicker than its been in over 100 years. they aren't alone, as more and more are signing onto the school of thought that human's aren't causing global warming:

http://www.oism.org/pproject/s33p357.htm

Its a political issue, not an environmental one. Its easy to believe it, because the science sounds good. and it sounds like a noble cause. But please, do some thinking for yourselves on this issue before you believe crap like Al Gore's movie.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/16/...in1323169.shtml

oops-e-daisy

:thumbsup:

Lemme guess......homo?

You and RP are just full of brilliant one-liners today.

Lemme guess.......inbred sub-70 IQ cro-magnon redneck?

Wow, so you take a story, that again, uses those "Guessing" words you wackos like ("suggests", "May be correlated", "Possible links to"), and prop yourself up on THAT? besides, you claimed it was related to "El Nino", NOT African Dust storms...how convenient for you, to change your argument midstream.

same thing about this article. filled with conjecture, modelling, suggesting...

please, try and deal in facts.

Know what's most ironic? you are so quick to jump on Bush about his "Mission Accomplished" statement before finishing the job, but you come in here with some half cooked ideas, and claim "SUCCESS!" with your little goofy headbanger guy, when you have done ANYTHING but win your side of the debate...

i guess you and Bush are a lot alike after all!

Davaco :wub: President Bush

Look at post #12 RP and tell me again how you've always believed in global warming.

I don't believe in global warming as currently described, However, I have stated many times on this board well before Oct. 6th of this year that any warming is the result of natural climate changes that have occurred throughout the history of the earth.

I'm sorry if that is to "complex" for you to comprehend.

Look at post #12 RP and tell me again how you've always believed in global warming.

Here biatch. Now go find where I said I worked for the oil industry, liar.

Recliner Pilot May 4 2006, 02:48 PM Post #32

FF Geek

Group: Members

Member No.: 25112

I have had one position since the beginning: Any warming going on is a part of the natural warming and cooling trends the Earth has gone through for millions of years. Man isn't the cause, and man can't change the inevitable.

My point about China is this: Most of the Eco-Nuts are just out to destroy our free economy, they complain about anything and everything we do but don't say squat about China, India, Russia, or any other country because clean air isn't their goal.

HTH

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...rally+occurring

Here biatch. Now go find where I said I worked for the oil industry, liar.

One question for you: what could I possibly gain by making up that you once said you worked for the oil industry? Making you look even worse than you can on your own? You don't need my help.

And no I won't spend hours looking for a link about a delusional poster's job. If you want to keep telling people here you never said it, be my guest. I truly don't give a shiot.

One question for you: what could I possibly gain by making up that you once said you worked for the oil industry? Making you look even worse than you can on your own? You don't need my help.

And no I won't spend hours looking for a link about a delusional poster's job. If you want to keep telling people here you never said it, be my guest. I truly don't give a shiot.

Yep, I will keep telling people I never said cuz I never said it.

And I will keep telling people that you are a liar, liar.

If anyone here is delusional it is you, liar.

:pointstosky:

:cheers:

Yep, I will keep telling people I never said cuz I never said it.

And I will keep telling people that you are a liar, liar.

If anyone here is delusional it is you, liar.

:pointstosky:

:cheers:

Answer the question about what I gain by saying you once said it.

Don't ask me to read the mind of a delusional liar. :dunno:

Thank you for confirming that I have nothing to gain. Therefore why would I make it up?

Anyways go back to doing anything you want. That was the last thread of yours I will ever respond to. Just not worth my time.

Thank you for confirming that I have nothing to gain. Therefore why would I make it up?

Anyways go back to doing anything you want. That was the last thread of yours I will ever respond to. Just not worth my time.

I don't know what you expected to gain. The only thing you did was expose yourself as a blatant liar who can't back up his claims.

If I were you I would avoid responding to me also, since I have owned your ass all day.

What little credibility you had is gone, liar. :lol:

I don't know what you expected to gain. The only thing you did was expose yourself as a blatant liar who can't back up his claims.

If I were you I would avoid responding to me also, since I have owned your ass all day.

What little credibility you had is gone, liar. :lol:

Did you stop taking your meds again, little lying lemming? :lol:

I'm not liberal.

I'm not so arrogant as to think that our actions have no impact on the environment. How can you believe in something so strongly when you're not a scientist?

You see though, you ARE being arrogant to think we can control the temp. of the earth. That is an arrogant statement, and a mis-informed one I might add.

You now that big thing that comes into the sky every morning called the Sun. That is what impacts our temp.

These azzholes can't even tell me what the temp. will be next week, they don't even get the next days temp. some times.

So how in the fock are they supposed to know what it will be in 100 years????

How in the fock do they get people to belive this crapp is beyond belife????

You see though, you ARE being arrogant to think we can control the temp. of the earth. That is an arrogant statement, and a mis-informed one I might add.

You now that big thing that comes into the sky every morning called the Sun. That is what impacts our temp.

These azzholes can't even tell me what the temp. will be next week, they don't even get the next days temp. some times.

Almost as hard to believe that you learned how to read and write in school? :(

It is a lot easier to predict what the average temperature of June will be then to tell what the temperature will be on a specific day next week. This is common sense. It is also easier to predict the average number of support calls your company will receive next year then it is to predict the exact number it will have tomorrow. Take a statistics course.

It is a lot easier to predict what the average temperature of June will be then to tell what the temperature will be on a specific day next week. This is common sense. It is also easier to predict the average number of support calls your company will receive next year then it is to predict the exact number it will have tomorrow. Take a statistics course.

Ok, show me where one of your genius scientists predict the avg for Jan for a specific city and let's see how close he gets.

Ok, show me where one of your genius scientists predict the avg for Jan for a specific city and let's see how close he gets.

Recliner Puzzy has to be a Stephen Colbert alias...

It's pretty bad when you are so focking retarded people assume your entire existence must be satirical.

I don't have any specific examples, it is basic statistics though. To humor you, here is wether.com for Houston

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatolo...mnav_undeclared

It is easier to predict an everage for when you have more values in your sample. So it is easier to predict the average temp for the week over predicting for a day, it is easier to predict the average temp for a month over predicting for a week, and it is easier to predict the average temp for a year over predicting for a month and so on.

I don't have any specific examples, it is basic statistics though.

Damn right you don't have any specifics.

Why doesn't one of your experts put his ass on the line and show us how good he and his models are? I'll tell ya, cuz it would be exposed that they can't predict with accuracy for the next month, so their predictions for 100 years from now are bullsqueeze.

Recliner Puzzy has to be a Stephen Colbert alias...

It's pretty bad when you are so focking retarded people assume your entire existence must be satirical.

So you don't have any GW experts who will put their reputation on the line either, huh?

Name calling only, huh?

Crassic! :doublethumbsup: