Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Lamont Jordan - is he even startable anymore ?

Lamont the last 2 weeks has been decent I mean last week 12 carries for 72 yards and the week before he put up a touchdown and 120.

Issue is -

A. against solid defenses the man seems non existent maybe you get 50 yards and maybe another 20 yards receiving if your lucky.

B. Shell's sudden love affair with Justin " Huggy Bear jr " Fargas

C. Maybe the worst O line last 15 years in NFL ! !

D. a Coaching staff running a 1967 offense ( or at least it seems as much )

E. No passing game and Lamont isn't really being used as a dump off guy - which is amazing being the QB has maybe 1 second to drop back before getting sacked - you would think he would get alot of dump offs like last year but NO ! ! !

F. The entire Oakland team seems totally apathetic and just running the motions.

I am now at a point where instead of Lamont in my flex ( keeper league other RB's are SA and Portis ) I am seriously looking at WR 3's like Galloway , Bryant , and R. Brown

Is Lamont - Kevan Barlow circa 2006 ? He was seriously dropped in a money league for Noah Herron :huh: ( granted he was scooped up like 30 min later but still )

I think he is still startable depending on the match-up. I am in the same boat as you and considering starting 3 WRs this week as well. I have been alternating Maroney and Jordan at flex, but Maroney is on a bye this week.

Anyway back on topic, I think Jordan still can have some productive games this season, altough Fargas getting more carries is a bit concerning. If Jordan gets the touches he can be successful even though he plays on a crappy team. Look at Dom Davis for example, he put up reasonable numbers last year playing for the craptastic Texans. Jordan's match-up this week is not great, but I still think he has value the rest of the season.

I was thinkin the same thing. I'm seriously considering dropping him from my roster and pickup a promising backup like Turner, Barber III, or Jacobs. Jordan was my 1st round pick (Cadillac was my 2nd!) and he has been an undisputed BUST so far with not much hope for the future. And with Fargas going from getting no carries to splitting carries in the course of a week, Jordan is looking more like a backup than a feature back. At least with Turner I can get some garbage time scores. I'm so disgusted thinking about it I can't write anymore.... :blink:

Is this the same guy everyone was pimpin to be a top 10 back that should get picked in the first round of most drafts?

If I remember correctly, Yes :cheers:

Is this the same guy everyone was pimpin to be a top 10 back that should get picked in the first round of most drafts?

If I remember correctly, Yes :dunno:

Yeah by the same people that thought Brooks to Moss was going to be gold. I didn't take him with my first pick that was Steven Jackson, but I did take him in the second. :dunno: I did get Gore in the 5th and Maroney deep, can't remember exactly so it hasn't been all bad.

I wouldn't suggest Lamont Jordan at Denver. However, I'm not down on him for the season. There's still a lot of football left to play and he has shown some life since those awful first two weeks. He is healthy, and still someone who can really run the football. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the return of Aaron Brooks might actually help this team :dunno:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the return of Aaron Brooks might actually help this team :rolleyes:

Couldn't hurt.

fwiw, i'm starting turner over lamont this week, but will start lamont against lesser teams. but don't listen to me, i had both randy and lamont and am in the cellar as a result of that draft

I got frustrated and just traded him straight up for McAllister.

I'd go for that deal, but people in my league don't make trades. I think we have had 3 in the last 5 years, and they all involved me.

I decided to play Toomer instead of LaMont this week... Come on Giants!

I still think he'll have value in better matchups, had 2 tough games in first 2 weeks, still lots of football to play.

I'm hoping I can get 8 to 12 points per week out of him, just some stable production. Then maybe a TD here and there. I hope I'm not expecting too much...

His poor performances the first two weeks, combined with how awful I came to realize things are in Oakland, was enough for me to trade him away (with Lee Evans) for Cadillac & DeAngelo Williams.

I have zero confidence in him as a weekly starter and wanted to get rid of him while there was still someone in my league showing interest. The funny thing is, his best outing (against Cleveland) was what finally made me realize just how bad he was going to be. He broke off a 59 yard TD run, which made his final statistics look pretty good. Prior to that, he had about 15 carries for 45 yards against one of the weaker run defenses in the league and was headed for another dissapointing game.

The other problem is that Oakland is just as poor defensively as they are offensively. With the Raiders playing from behind in most games, they won't be able to establish much of a running game and LaMont will have a difficult time getting 20 carries every week as a result.

Him playing for raiders is not 2nd concern. Emergence of J. Fargas is what had me determined to trade him away for Drew Brees. I am very thin at RB, but I still got rid of Jordan when I had chance only because I figured that it would be easier to move Brees than Jordan.

Ive been trying to trade him away for last 5 weeks.. finally got it done. .. with some concern actually..

I'm actually thinking of starting Ladell Betts vs. Tenn. over him.

Denver D is for real. :banana:

That's what i'm doing :pointstosky:

i've got him and am trying to be rid of him. but i think maybe (hopefully) his value might be higher after he goes against AZ next week.

I just got rid of Lamont after a long hard effort. With Oakland looking like the worst offense ever and Fargas supposedly set to receive a few carries a week, I don't see any upside for the non-pass-catching Lamont. Not all great though, but I am happy....should I be?

I give:

Lamont Jordan

Chris Chambers

I get:

Cadillac Williams

Matt Jones

Keeper league..

Thoughts...(Lamont playoff schedule is sick, but can I get there with him?....i like caddy's upside...)