Sign in to follow this  
Jarvis Basnight

Not getting the proj/rankings

Why the Mike Vick love? 2nd overall in projections when he's playing the Steelers? He's throwing one, running in for one, and Dunn is going to score his 2nd td of the year against the Steelers?

Willis McGahee? He's done much less against worse competition. Now he's a top tier back who's going to put up about 100 total yards and a td against a NE team that's on the rise and coming off a bye?

Somebody help me understand this because common sense is lost here. :dunno:

Why the Mike Vick love? 2nd overall in projections when he's playing the Steelers? He's throwing one, running in for one, and Dunn is going to score his 2nd td of the year against the Steelers?

Willis McGahee? He's done much less against worse competition. Now he's a top tier back who's going to put up about 100 total yards and a td against a NE team that's on the rise and coming off a bye?

Somebody help me understand this because common sense is lost here. :dunno:

Why do you care? Just look at them and make-up your own mind. I really don't get why/how people can complain about someone else's rankings.

isn't the whole point of this board and those projections to spark debate and discussion?

who pissed in your cornflakes Next Generation?

I have an idea... If you don't like discussing things, get the flock out of the 'discussion' section of the website?

how's that sound?

The attitude around this place astounds me.

Jarvis -

To answer your question, I think those projections are based more on the ability of the players rather than their opposition.

No one has been able to stop Vick's run game, and when you're averaging ~200yds on the ground, you open up all sorts of possibilities for your offense.

Whether or not he can produce against the Steelers is yet to be seen. While I don't see him being as good as the projections say he will be, I do believe he'll get in the endzone... somehow...

I don't get the McGahee projection. I guess they figured the NE isn't getting a shutout, so they'll have to let up a score at some point. May as well be McGahee. I'd look more in the 60 +1 area...

It's not that I care that much, or that it effects my own projections, but I just wonder how someone's projections can be so far off compared to mine? Does anyone think Vick is going to do much of anything against the Steelers this weekend?

isn't the whole point of this board and those projections to spark debate and discussion?

I have an idea... If you don't like discussing things, get the flock out of the 'discussion' section of the website?

how's that sound?

Jarvis -

To answer your question, I think those projections are based more on the ability of the players rather than their opposition.

No one has been able to stop Vick's run game, and when you're averaging ~200yds on the ground, you open up all sorts of possibilities for your offense.

Whether or not he can produce against the Steelers is yet to be seen. While I don't see him being as good as the projections say he will be, I do believe he'll get in the endzone... somehow...

I don't get the McGahee projection. I guess they figured the NE isn't getting a shutout, so they'll have to let up a score at some point. May as well be McGahee. I'd look more in the 60 +1 area...

Debate and discussion on how players will do this week, sure. But debating with other people why someone else thinks one way or another is pointless. If you question the rankings and want to know why he's thinking this or that, e-mail the guy.

Look at your respones, "maybe his thinking this, maybe that..." Point is YOU have no clue what he's thinking and neither does anyone else. Wouldn't it be better if you see a ranking that confuses you to post a thread saying, "What will Mike Vick do this weekend?" or "Can McGahee succeed against the Pats D?"

That's all I'm saying.

It's not that I care that much, or that it effects my own projections, but I just wonder how someone's projections can be so far off compared to mine? Does anyone think Vick is going to do much of anything against the Steelers this weekend?

I see we actually agree. :dunno:

I am getting sick of this Vick-nonsense. Why can't people in the board move past him. He hasn't been bad (like beginning of last year) or great (like his 1st 2 seasons). He has had 2 very good games in all league types and most of the other games can be considered decent in other league types. He has bad receivers who drop easy catches as often as he overthrows them. He runs like a beast though and the Steelers havent showed enough prior to last week that can make them look scary. Vick is up in the protections because of his ability to run , which can be 2x or 2.5x more valuable than passing in most of the scoring formats I have seen.

This topic is a weekly post at FFToday. Someone always disagrees with one or two projections.

It's just one opinion, I doubt anyone sets their entire lineup based on projected stats and rankings.

One popular site has Ernest Wilford going off 6 for 101 this week against Houston. Seems crazy based on his production so far, less so if you look at his 2 games against the Texans last year. With Welker nursing a sore calf he might be a good plug and play. Or he may give you a doughnut.

I didn't see anyone projecting Joe Horn for 100+ and 2 scores against the Eagles last weekend, but it happened.

Bottom line is you take them into consideration and then make your own independent decisions.

how's that sound?

Jarvis -

There is a Vick man crush going on this year as far as projections go. It seems he's been top 5 each week, if not in the top 2....it kills me each week as an owner who really doesn't want to play him.