Sign in to follow this  
Electric Mayhem

I don't care if it's 'masturbation'

Supposedly they recorded that in one take with zero overbubs.

One easy way to improve speed & fluidity is by lowering your string action. Is yours as low as it could be?

One easy way to improve speed & fluidity is by lowering your string action. Is yours as low as it could be?

I could cut grooves into the neck and put the strings below the fretbaord - ain't NO way I'm ever going to be able to play that fast. :cheers:

Honestly - I have no idea how high my action is. once I get better I'll think about adjusting all that stuff. For now I think higher is better anyway so I can develop good technique and be able to play any guitar and not just one that's custom adjusted to play easy. plus i may get another acoustic someday and generally those strings are high and tough from what I recall...

You're right - acoustics generally have higher action.

I respect your discipline in not wanting to take shortcuts. That said, I don't think you would be cheating yourself one bit by lowering the action on your electric. Find a good tech and tell him what you want. If you're guitar is easier to play, you'll be able to develop your technique more quickly. Just a suggestion :banana:

Also, I was of course kidding re that solo being a first take.

NOW THAT'S ROCK N ROLL MOTHAFOCKIZ!!! :banana: