Sign in to follow this  
dmac37

F. Taylor pondering retirement

Jaguars | Taylor pondering retirement Published Sat Oct 21 10:13:00 a.m. ET 2006

(KFFL) Michael C. Wright, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars RB Fred Taylor may retire if the team is unwilling to restructure Taylor's incentive-laden contract, which has two years remaining. "It's crossed my mind, the more and more things are taken away from me, like playing time," Taylor said. "You exert so much energy into one cause and it's not reciprocated. It's like putting money into an ATM machine. You keep putting money in, but every time you use your card, it says insufficient funds. At some point, you're going to quit putting money into it."

What does this do for the Jax RB's for this year.

Jaguars | Taylor pondering retirement Published Sat Oct 21 10:13:00 a.m. ET 2006

(KFFL) Michael C. Wright, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars RB Fred Taylor may retire if the team is unwilling to restructure Taylor's incentive-laden contract, which has two years remaining. "It's crossed my mind, the more and more things are taken away from me, like playing time," Taylor said. "You exert so much energy into one cause and it's not reciprocated. It's like putting money into an ATM machine. You keep putting money in, but every time you use your card, it says insufficient funds. At some point, you're going to quit putting money into it."

What does this do for the Jax RB's for this year.

Playing time? He's gotten 20+ carries in 4 out of 5 games this year. What's he want?

maybe he wants to have knees that still work when he is 50yrs old...running backs should all retire around the age 29/30...they take to many hits, leads to a life full of arthritis and pain if they play much longer

It's hard to blame the Jags for not wanting to waste a big chunk of their cap money on Taylor. Especially now with Drew doing so well.

On the other hand, I can see why Taylor doesn't like having incentives in his contract that he can't possibly reach.

hmm, this might explain the strange decision to get drew-jones so many touches when fred isn't even hurt. They're screwing him on some incentives, most likely involving touches/game. If that is the case, they are douche beyond belief. When healthy, which he is right now, he is a top notch back, with all sorts of breakaway ability, inside running ability, and pass catching ability. Complete back. All year i've been wondering how a rook is getting touches when fred is healthy. This explains it...

maybe he wants to have knees that still work when he is 50yrs old...running backs should all retire around the age 29/30...they take to many hits, leads to a life full of arthritis and pain if they play much longer

He & Tiki both.

Fred and Tiki B are both good backs, but its good for Fred not to tote the rock 30 times a game. He is fragile, he has been hurt ALOT in his career, so its better to keep him fresh. I'm not 100% sure that Jax would go into next season with just Jones-Drew at RB. Probably a RBBC with him and Greg Jones when he comes back.