Sign in to follow this  
fatalbertexp

Trade Peyton Manning ?

Ok...I need a little advice:

League Starts : QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,TE,W/T, K , D ....team is 4-3 ( 12 teams )

I have : QB: Manning ( strength of team )

RB: Portis,T.Jones,C.Benson,M.BarberIII,D.Williams (lots of underachievement)

WR:R.Williams,B.Edwards,J.Horn,I.Bruce ( nothing special )

TE : Gates, LJ Smith ( good trade bait )

K: Vinatieri

D : Dallas

I've been offered : S.Alexander , A. Boldin & J. Delhomme

for

Manning, T.Jones , J. Horn

Upgrade : Definitely @ WR , Likely BIG @ RB , and a drop off @ QB ... :dunno:

What do I do ??? :unsure:

League not very big on trades ...this would be a big one

:dunno: :banana:

Man,I would do that trade in a minute.T.Jones is so over-rated and Joe Horn?The only thing you lose on is P.Manning and he's not like tearing it up.I'll take Shaun over T.Jones and Boldin over J.Horn anyday.You'll get by with Jake D.

Depends on your record. When I first look at the trade I like it. If you are in first or close, then maybe don't mix it up too much. If you are in the middle or towards the botton then you should do the deal.

:wall: thanks for the advice ....

patience is the hardest thing here ...none of the WR's ( other than Williams ) are stars and the RB's are mostly back-ups ...I'd have to wait for an injury to improve in a 12 team league...

only decent trade offered this year though so not sure what to do :banana:

:wall: thanks for the advice ....

patience is the hardest thing here ...none of the WR's ( other than Williams ) are stars and the RB's are mostly back-ups ...I'd have to wait for an injury to improve in a 12 team league...

only decent trade offered this year though so not sure what to do :banana:

Make the trade.

That's a tough one. I think if eveyone were healthy, I would do it. With that trade you would have a solid team week in and week out. But to win in the playoffs, you need a guy that can put up big points. SA hasn't shown that this year. Will he be back to big-game shape by the time you need him in the playoffs?

I think I'd stand pat.

What do you think I should do? http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=248210

I wouldn't do it either. Shaun isn't healthy and he might be mediocre when he comes back so you're trading a proven QB for a question mark. But Boldin is good so I think the trade comes down to how good you think Alexander will be after the injury. But another thing is that Manning might be sitting out on week 16 since it looks like the Colts might capture the division early but I'm not so sure about that since they might drop a couple games down the road.

Thanks for mine.

Go ahead and pull the trigger on the trade. I agree Manning probably wont be playing game 16 and possibly even 15. They will make playoffs early, and will try to preserve his health. I think you NEED to make a move to at least attempt to go from the middle of the pack to the top.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=248021