Sign in to follow this  
FantasyKing

Give me your trade offers, I'll give you my opinion

Sometimes it seems as if I know what I am doing in this fantasy game, although this has been a crazy year. I would be interested to see some trade offers sent to you or ones that you are thinking of offering, please list the players involved and the scoring system as well. I have nothing to do today!

Here's one for you. Thinking of offering Marvin Harrison to someone for Roy Williams & QB Alex Smith. My starter was Hasselbeck, and due to the injury, was forced to go with Charlie Frye. My other receivers are Javon Walker, Housh and B. Edwards. I'm looking ahead to possible playoffs and thinking that Harrison might not play much if Indy continues to as well as they are. Thoughts?

Here's one for you. Thinking of offering Marvin Harrison to someone for Roy Williams & QB Alex Smith. My starter was Hasselbeck, and due to the injury, was forced to go with Charlie Frye. My other receivers are Javon Walker, Housh and B. Edwards. I'm looking ahead to possible playoffs and thinking that Harrison might not play much if Indy continues to as well as they are. Thoughts?

First, I dont like the idea of trading Marvin Harrison after one of his worst weeks of the year - I feel like you would be selling low - which you do not want to do. Marvin is going to be playing all the way up to week 16, not sure when your playoffs are but the only game I could see him possibly missing time is week 17 - so I wouldn't trade him just to avoid a benching. Also - if New England wins tonight, they are only 1 game behind Indy.

Now for the trade - while Alex Smith would be nice, they have a relatively easy schedule and they will be behind and throwing a lot most likely - Roy Williams schedule down the stretch is a little tougher, with a tough matchup vs. Chicago in week 16 which is normally the Superbowl of fantasy. I would sit tight for now and wait for Marvin to have a better game, then you can trade him for more talent.

Thanks for the indepth input. I'll definitely take everything you said into consideration. And just FYI, in my league playoffs start week 15 and our trade deadline is Nov 15. As far as the trade, I've been thinking about moving Harrison for a while now. From what I've seen of the Colts this year, I feel that Reggie Wayne has become the #1 big-play guy for the Colts, while Harrison has become more of a #2 possessions-type receiver and the numbers reflect that. With someone like Roy Williams, I know there's more of a risk, but he's the Lions definite #1 guy, and could become a monster by the end of the year, even against the tougher defenses. And the way the Bears are playing, Roy could be going against backsup by week 16. Also, one final influence are the teams in my league. There are basically 5-6 teams vying for the 4 playoff spots right now, while everyone else are bottomfeeders, so I'm trying to refrain from trading with any of the other potential playoff teams, and of the rest trade opportunities are few & far between. Anyways, thanks again...

How about this one. It was proposed to me and I accepted.

I get Larry Johnson, Shockey and Muhammad

I give Coles, Parker and Colsten (Colsten can be used as a TE)

QB - Hasselback, Brees, Rivers

WR - L. Coles, Boldin, Driver, Glenn

RB - Tomlinson, Parker, Bush, Droughns

TE - Colsten

Def - Pittsburgh

K - Gould

Here's one...my team's pretty solid, but the weather situation in NY has got me concerned for the FF playoffs. Here's my roster:

QB: Eli, Kitna

RB: LJ, Portis/Betts, Maroney, Lundy, D. Williams

WR: Holt, Andre, Coles

One of the owners I'm targeting has the following:

QB: Peyton, Bulger

RB: Parker, McGahee, F. Taylor, M. Barber

I've offered Kitna + Lundy to him in exchange for Bulger, since he'll likely never bench Manning. If he rejects it, what do you think I should counter with (how much is adding Buger worth)?:

- Kitna + Maroney?

- Eli + Lundy?

I don't want/need to overpay, but I'd hate to lose the FF championship because the wind kicks up in the Meadowlands in December, while Bulger is throwing for 300/3 in a nice, warm dome. I need a sanity check here...

I was offered Ahman Green for Todd Heap, I also have Dallas Clark at TE, and my running backs are H-O-T garbage (LaMont Jordan, Reggie Bush), except maybe for Brandon Jacobs....

Our league scoring is 6 pnts for a TD, and 1 pnt/25 yrds...

Heap is one of my most consistant scorers, and I'd hate to part with him....but I've really lacked RB production all year...

Is an injury-prone Ahman Green worth Todd Heap?

TE - Colsten

Def - Pittsburgh

K - Gould

I say I hope you gave him a reach around - because you really gave it to him.

Here's one...my team's pretty solid, but the weather situation in NY has got me concerned for the FF playoffs. Here's my roster:

QB: Eli, Kitna

RB: LJ, Portis/Betts, Maroney, Lundy, D. Williams

WR: Holt, Andre, Coles

One of the owners I'm targeting has the following:

QB: Peyton, Bulger

RB: Parker, McGahee, F. Taylor, M. Barber

I've offered Kitna + Lundy to him in exchange for Bulger, since he'll likely never bench Manning. If he rejects it, what do you think I should counter with (how much is adding Buger worth)?:

- Kitna + Maroney?

- Eli + Lundy?

I don't want/need to overpay, but I'd hate to lose the FF championship because the wind kicks up in the Meadowlands in December, while Bulger is throwing for 300/3 in a nice, warm dome. I need a sanity check here...

I think Kitna/Lundy is a pretty offer considering the circumstances - but he may want a more reliable starting RB for Bulger. I may even try an offer of Parker/Bulger for Kitna/Portis. I think Eli/Lundy definitely gets the trade done, its up to you if you wanna give up that much - you will be stretched a little thin at RB with that deal because your backups both split time.

I was offered Ahman Green for Todd Heap, I also have Dallas Clark at TE, and my running backs are H-O-T garbage (LaMont Jordan, Reggie Bush), except maybe for Brandon Jacobs....

Our league scoring is 6 pnts for a TD, and 1 pnt/25 yrds...

Heap is one of my most consistant scorers, and I'd hate to part with him....but I've really lacked RB production all year...

Is an injury-prone Ahman Green worth Todd Heap?

Thats a pretty fair deal, its tough to get an RB straight up for a TE - but thats pretty equal and the Pack have an easy schedule down the stretch.

Good thought - I never considered the Kitna/Portis for Bulger/Parker deal...not a bad idea. Gotta think that one over, because I really like Portis, but with his ankle injury...thanks...

TE - Colsten

Def - Pittsburgh

K - Gould

I have Colston and he's awesome.........but not that awesome :doublethumbsup: . So now you have both LT and LJ so your league is allready finished!!!!!!!

More details on the would you trade Ronnie Brown for Ahamn Green. Standard scoring-1 pt per 15 yds rushing or receiving, 6 pts for a td, -2 for a lost fumble. Not PPR

Here's one. I was thinking of offering Santana Moss, and Ben Watson for Antonio Gates. Moss has done nothing, and besides last night neither has Watson..

I have Hush, Eddie Kennison, and Chris Henry on the bench. What do you think

QB's: Brady & Rivers

RB's: LJ, McGahee, Cadillac

WR's: Hush, S. Moss, C.Henry, E. Kennison

TE's: Watson, D. Clark, AJ Smith

D/ST: Patriots, Vikings

Right now I am first place and have been averaging 95 to 100 pts every week. That is with little production from those two positions

What do you think

Sometimes it seems as if I know what I am doing in this fantasy game, although this has been a crazy year. I would be interested to see some trade offers sent to you or ones that you are thinking of offering, please list the players involved and the scoring system as well. I have nothing to do today!

Here ya go:

Marion Barber & Tatum Bell for Thomas Jones

I have Barber, Bell, Ronnie Brown & Brian Westbrook. Need to beef up!