Sign in to follow this  
bryberns

Video of Houshmandzada Cheap Shot...IS HE DEAD?

TJ Cheapshot

HOLY SHlT that was one of the dirtiest plays i've ever seen....

I didn't see any of the game, did he come back or is he going to be out next week....

Either way, Housh is the man......

Not that bad. First, he put his shoulder into him. Where he got knocked silly is when the other Charger came across and kneed him in the head. He would have been fine otherwise. Dierdorf is an idiot. That was not helmet to helmet. It was just early.

:( Housh is fine. He was smiling and talking to his teamates soon thereafter. He'll be ready to go next week.

TJ Cheapshot

HOLY SHlT that was one of the dirtiest plays i've ever seen....

I didn't see any of the game, did he come back or is he going to be out next week....

Either way, Housh is the man......

Was there any retaliation by the Bengals on McCree? Yeah, it wasn't helmet to helmet, and the worst part was Housh's head hitting Godfrey's kneee, but he lead with his head, and hit him WELL before the ball was even close. It doesn't get much scummier than than..

Where he got knocked silly is when the other Charger came across and kneed him in the head.

Not necessarily. They still struck helmet to helmet first, before the knee.

Not that bad. First, he put his shoulder into him.

Mmmm, that might have been his intent but as a consequence of shoulder to shoulder the helmets also smacked together. McCree also left his feet. Big no-no.

Dierdorf is an idiot.

Totally agree.

That was not helmet to helmet.

Maybe not intentional, but because he left his feet and struck helmets it wasn't good.

at no point do the 2 helmets touch - Dildorf needs to apologize for ripping the defender for about 2 minutes on TV about leading with the helmet

If McCree is not suspended for a game for that one, then the league just is not getting it. They let Brayton get away with a cheap shot last week and if they let this one go without a suspension, then why bother playing.

They protect the QB's too much (might as well put a force field around them), but they don't protect anyone else. :dunno:

If McCree is not suspended for a game for that one, then the league just is not getting it. They let Brayton get away with a cheap shot last week and if they let this one go without a suspension, then why bother playing.

They protect the QB's too much (might as well put a force field around them), but they don't protect anyone else. :dunno:

My opinion aside (that Dierdorf is a retard and it was a cheap, although not dirty hit)...

Patriots fans have no room to open their mouths about this.

Puh-lease.

The play was not that dirty. It was definitely too early but hits like this happen all the time when the safety mistimes the ball getting there. If the hit was a split second later, the result would have been the same and no one would be calling it a dirty hit. McCree didn't lead with his head so any helmet to helmet was incidental and Housh's helmet wouldn't have even come off if he hadn't gotten kneed by the other Charger.

Having said that, McCree definitely deserved to be fined because an early hit is an early hit.

The play was not that dirty. It was definitely too early but hits like this happen all the time when the safety mistimes the ball getting there. If the hit was a split second later, the result would have been the same and no one would be calling it a dirty hit. McCree didn't lead with his head so any helmet to helmet was incidental and Housh's helmet wouldn't have even come off if he hadn't gotten kneed by the other Charger.

Having said that, McCree definitely deserved to be fined because an early hit is an early hit.

Fined? Or penalized?

My opinion aside (that Dierdorf is a retard and it was a cheap, although not dirty hit)...

Patriots fans have no room to open their mouths about this.

Puh-lease.

Do you want to elaborate on this one? If you think that was not dirty, then you may want to get your prescription changed on your glasses. That is the definition of dirty and cheap.

I would approve of a 1 game suspension for McCree except the league would have to start suspending everyone else for similar or worse behavior. Considering the penalty for Rolle's facemask of Larry Johnson a few weeks ago, there's no way McCree should be suspended for his early hit. Marlon McCree is not usually an over agressive player and hasn't had any suspensions or fines before that I can remember. He also apologized and said it was a mistake. This doesn't excuse the early hit so he should be punished but a suspension wouldn't be consistent with the NFL's current policy.

Not that bad. First, he put his shoulder into him. Where he got knocked silly is when the other Charger came across and kneed him in the head. He would have been fine otherwise. Dierdorf is an idiot. That was not helmet to helmet. It was just early.

I agree completely with you here. Was it "cheap?" Yes, but it wasn't helmet-to-helmet. He lowered his shoulder into the guy. The other Charger is the one that ends up hitting him in the head. Listen to the first announcer say "that's interference" - Dierdorf is the poon who starts into the cheap shot crap only after Houshmandzada was KO'd. If he were to have bounced right back up after that hit, Dierdorf wouldn't have said boner.

Seriously, guys. If he was a second later and that same hit had separated him from the ball we'd be praising it as a great defensive break-up.

This is football. If you're going across the middle, you're going to get hit.

:lol:

I caught this play live for the 3 seconds that CBS showed this game (that's another issue). And when I saw it I jumped up. This was a fu<king dirty play. This is why I think that the NFL should have game missconducts for dirty plays. If this were hockey, McRae would be headed for te showers.

I'm not so sure about that. If it was hockey, he'd sit in the penalty box while one of his teammates retaliated a few minutes later. Then when he came back in there'd be a fist fight.

Do you want to elaborate on this one? If you think that was not dirty, then you may want to get your prescription changed on your glasses. That is the definition of dirty and cheap.

Sure... I'd love to elaborate... elaborating on stuff is fun!

Point 1: It was not a dirty hit. As stated above, had the ball arrived before the hit, it would have been totally clean, and a pretty damn good defensive play. He lead with his shoulder, and it wasn't helmet to helmet. I can see the point about "leaving the feet"... but this is f-ing football, and DB's do that all the time. The problem with the hit was the timing. TJ was in the air and not preparing to protect himself as the ball hadn't even arrived yet. The earliness makes it cheap, not dirty. There's a significant difference. Wanna know what a dirty play is?

Point 2: A "dirty" play is grabbing a guy by the head and trying to rip it off as you tackle him. Do you know anybody that does stuff like that? Hmmmmmmm...

It is possible that I spoke too soon about "Pats Fan"... so... Tell you what... post a link to a thread where you or any other Pats fan acknowledges that Rodney Harrison is a dirty, headhunting SOB... and I'll take back what I said.

Whether he was early or went helmet to helmet isn't what bothered me. What bothered me is the fact that he had no regard for where the ball was. He saw a defenseless player and went head hunting. That's what made the play dirty.

Sure... I'd love to elaborate... elaborating on stuff is fun!

Point 1: It was not a dirty hit. As stated above, had the ball arrived before the hit, it would have been totally clean, and a pretty damn good defensive play. He lead with his shoulder, and it wasn't helmet to helmet. I can see the point about "leaving the feet"... but this is f-ing football, and DB's do that all the time. The problem with the hit was the timing. TJ was in the air and not preparing to protect himself as the ball hadn't even arrived yet. The earliness makes it cheap, not dirty. There's a significant difference. Wanna know what a dirty play is?

Point 2: A "dirty" play is grabbing a guy by the head and trying to rip it off as you tackle him. Do you know anybody that does stuff like that? Hmmmmmmm...

It is possible that I spoke too soon about "Pats Fan"... so... Tell you what... post a link to a thread where you or any other Pats fan acknolwedges that Rodney Harrison is a dirty, headhunting SOB... and I'll take back what I said.

Wow, talk about irrational. You are on a roll.

1. I guess that anyone running across the middle can be hit for any reason according to you. If the ball had arrived a second sooner, then it would have been a clean play and if Grandma had nuts, she'd be Grandpa. In other words, it does not matter. You cannot hit a defenseless player in that manner while not making a play on the ball. That was a dirty play.

2. I guess Rodney Harrison is the only player that has taken someone down via a facemask. He is a dirty player, but how does that make it so that I cannot comment on a dirty play by someone else? If he makes a dirty play, then I would call him on it. However, please show me a play where Rodney hit the guy in that same way and I did not call him on it. Really, your logic (or lack thereof) is amazing. :blink:

How come whenever a guy who has a concussion comes off the field, his teammates tap him on the head?

I was wondering the same thing. CJ was at least gentle about it, but the other guys were were tapping him pretty hard. Kind of odd when his eyes are glazed over :banana:

Wow, talk about irrational. You are on a roll.

1. I guess that anyone running across the middle can be hit for any reason according to you.

If you think that's what I said, then I don't think there's much of a point in discussing this anymore... 'cause... either I'm not writing clearly, or you have no reading comprehension. I'd bet on the latter, but I think goes wihout saying. That hit was stupid... and it was cheap. Why do you think I'm excusing it?

2. I guess Rodney Harrison is the only player that has taken someone down via a facemask. He is a dirty player, but how does that make it so that I cannot comment on a dirty play by someone else? If he makes a dirty play, then I would call him on it. However, please show me a play where Rodney hit the guy in that same way and I did not call him on it. Really, your logic (or lack thereof) is amazing. :dunno:

In my experience (on this board, others, in person and in the media)... Pats fans are the first to commend Harrison for just being a guy that 'plays hard', and dismiss his constant attempts to injure other players as 'just football'. This thread comes to mind:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...1&hl=rodney

All the Pats fans talking about the loss of Harrison, what it'll do to the team, playoffs... etc. But not ONE of them (including you) even mentions that he was hurt BECAUSE he was making a dirty play... let alone calling for suspensions or fines. I see that as excusing it by ignoring it. If I'm wrong... and you, as a pats fan, know that Harrison is a dirty weasel, and have a problem with it... then I apologize. But, I'm just working with the information that I have.

If you think that's what I said, then I don't think there's much of a point in discussing this anymore... 'cause... either I'm not writing clearly, or you have no reading comprehension. I'd bet on the latter, but I think goes wihout saying. That hit was stupid... and it was cheap. Why do you think I'm excusing it?

In my experience (on this board, others, in person and in the media)... Pats fans are the first to commend Harrison for just being a guy that 'plays hard', and dismiss his constant attempts to injure other players as 'just football'. This thread comes to mind:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...1&hl=rodney

All the Pats fans talking about the loss of Harrison, what it'll do to the team, playoffs... etc. But not ONE of them (including you) even mentions that he was hurt BECAUSE he was making a dirty play... let alone calling for suspensions or fines. I see that as excusing it by ignoring it. If I'm wrong... and you, as a pats fan, know that Harrison is a dirty weasel, and have a problem with it... then I apologize. But, I'm just working with the information that I have.

Harrison was injured tackling a guy by the helmet. He often tackles over the boundaries of fair play and given his reputation as the "dirtiest player in the NFL", I don't disagree with that.

The point is that tackling a guy with the ball and grabbing a face mask or a helmet is VERY DIFFERENT than hitting a guy coming across the middle LONG BEFORE the ball has arrived. One guy expects a hit, the other does not.

That play by McCree was akin to a sucker punch. You can try to obfuscate the issue by bringing up Harrison all you want, but it won't change the situation.

Real simple question. If Harrison had made that play, would you be calling for his suspension? If you say "No", then you are a liar.

The hit was illegal but not dirty.

He wanted to catch TJ coming across the field considering how bad they had been getting beaten all day.

The ball was coming right at him so he definitely knew that he was going to get there well before the ball.

So his options were A ) don't hit him - If he does that he can't keep TJ from making the catch because he would have to slow down and then TJ would have a lot more momentum than he had and he could have probably gotten run over. B ) Smash him anyway - You get the penalty but there are no more yards after that and you get to smash a WR who isn't able to see you coming.

His job is to do what is in his teams best interest. He knew he was going to get there before the ball and could have still interfered with TJ without taking his head off but taking guys' heads off is a part of normal football so you can't really call it dirty.

It is a 15 yd. penalty and thats all. Get over it. s a wr you should be prepared to take a shot like that every now and then. That is what you get the big bucks for!!!!!!

UM how can anyone say he didn't lead with his head?

am i seeing a different slow mo replay?

did i hear something different? that was definitely helmet to helmet.

definitely dirty.

i saw housh saying in a locker room interview that

he needs an apology before he goes to LA with his boys and whoops his ass.

haha

Harrison was injured tackling a guy by the helmet. He often tackles over the boundaries of fair play and given his reputation as the "dirtiest player in the NFL", I don't disagree with that.

The point is that tackling a guy with the ball and grabbing a face mask or a helmet is VERY DIFFERENT than hitting a guy coming across the middle LONG BEFORE the ball has arrived. One guy expects a hit, the other does not.

That play by McCree was akin to a sucker punch. You can try to obfuscate the issue by bringing up Harrison all you want, but it won't change the situation.

Real simple question. If Harrison had made that play, would you be calling for his suspension? If you say "No", then you are a liar.

Honestly, I've never heard a Pats fan come close to referring to Harrison as a dirty player. So I'll sack up and apologize. I assumed your man-love for Harrison and lumped you in with all the other meathead Pats fans I know. Definitely my bad.

However... Harrison's reputation has nothing to do with my opinion of McCree's play. I'm not saying that it was okay because Harrison is worse.

As for your question... well... I guess I'm a liar, liar pants on fire... 'cause I wouldn't say that ANY player should be suspended for that hit. McCree, Harrison, Williams, Lynch, etc. It was a legit football hit... it was just poorly timed and showed pretty bad judgement. I think calling for a suspension is pretty silly... but I think he should be fined. He left his feet, and hit a defensless guy that didn't have the ball. Like I said... it was cheap... and a wallet lightening will probably teach him something.

Hitting a guy coming over the middle is football. The guy made a mistake... and a poor decision. That doesn't make it "dirty".

Going after a QB's knees... when he's out of bounds already? THAT'S dirty. Damn... I did it again.

UM...

because he turned his body perpendicular to the path of the WR and hit him with his shoulder.

That's how I can say it.

Guest Johnny Holmes

That hit on TJ was just good hard nosed football. TJ may think twice about going over the middle from now on.

I am going to add that one to my collection.

am i seeing a different slow mo replay?

did i hear something different? that was definitely helmet to helmet.

definitely dirty.

watch again...he leads with his shoulder, not his head

Hitting a guy coming over the middle is football. The guy made a mistake... and a poor decision. That doesn't make it "dirty".

Actually commiting to absolutely obliterate someone coming accross the middle with complete disregard to the rules...IS DIRTY.

it is the definition of dirty.

because he turned his body perpendicular to the path of the WR and hit him with his shoulder.

That's how I can say it.

you need to wait for the slow mo replay apparently because he did lead with his head.

he lowers it at the last second.

Actually commiting to absolutely obliterate someone coming accross the middle with complete disregard to the rules...IS DIRTY.

it is the definition of dirty.

you need to wait for the slow mo replay apparently because he did lead with his head.

he lowers it at the last second.

yes, he lowers his head, but as stated above, his body is perpendicular to the path of the WR so his head comes nowhere near hitting housh's. watch again

it doesn't really matter, moving on.

you need to wait for the slow mo replay apparently

I have it on Tivo, and had a house full of Bolt fans here. Saw it many, many times. Just watched again before I got involved in this thread. I'm not gonna deny that their helmets hit (it's pretty impossible to hit a guy in the shoulder with your shoulder and not touch helmets)... but he didn't lead with his head. He clearly turns his body and makes contact shoulder to shoulder/back first. TJ got his bell rung when he hit the LB's knee. If Godfrey wasnt there, TJ probably woulda jumped up with no problems... of course... he also probably woulda thrown his helmet at McCree.

Of course...

None of this changes the fact that Dan Dierdorf is a crying Nancy-boy.

yes, he lowers his head, but as stated above, his body is perpendicular to the path of the WR so his head comes nowhere near hitting housh's. watch again

it doesn't really matter, moving on.

i watched it again.

his head still hits housh's first.

Doesn't matter what position his body is in comparison to housh's.

Although, that is an amazing rationalization. I commend you for trying it.

He still hits him with his head first. That is why you actually see his helmet....hitting housh's and his head change direction BEFORE his body goes anywhere.

not very hard to figure out.

i've received this clip from several friends who played at college level.

they all agree leading helmet to helmet, dirty. not a hard call.

whatever i don't care, not a cincy fan.

but damn he was stupified.

i've received this clip from several friends who played at college level.

they all agree leading helmet to helmet, dirty. not a hard call.

Ummmm... you coulda brought this to our attention about an hour ago. Woulda saved me some time.

Sorry guys... thread's over... Warren's friends who played college ball have ruled.

See ya'll tomorrow.

Anyone who doesnt think that was A) helmet to helmetB)Dirty as H E L L or C) worthy of a hefty fine and or suspension has to be a Chargers fan. Unfrickin real that anyone on this site can try and justify that play.

Ummmm... you coulda brought this to our attention about an hour ago. Woulda saved me some time.

Sorry guys... thread's over... Warren's friends who played college ball have ruled.

See ya'll tomorrow.

Well i'd believe anyone who played, even pop warner, over someone with an L. Ron Hubbard signature.

look out alien ghosts!