Sign in to follow this  
Quickolas1

chester taylor

first this:

3-1-MIA 1 (15:00) C.Taylor left guard to MIA 1 for no gain (D.Pope; V.Holliday).

then 2 fumbles in a row

Talk about a garbage time TD...there's his 2nd of the day. Should make you feel a little better.

Glad I benched him for MBarber. :pointstosky:

Just added a TD to end the game.

:pointstosky:

As someone playing against him that pissed me off. That TD meant nothing in the scheme of the game but to pad his stats. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

:pointstosky:

As someone playing against him that pissed me off. That TD meant nothing in the scheme of the game but to pad his stats. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Someone was likely to score it. They were on the one foot line. Were these supposed to kneel?

Someone was likely to score it. They were on the one foot line. Were these supposed to kneel?

Yes. The game was over, there was ZERO chance to win. The only thing that can come of that is stat padding or an injury.

Are you focking serious. You really think Minnesota should have kneeled at the 1 yard line, when they weren't winning the game? That hasn't and won't ever happen, call it padding stats, but maybe that gives them momentum going into the next game. Who knows? I assume you are just pissed because you were going against Chester in fantasy. :pointstosky:

Yes. The game was over, there was ZERO chance to win. The only thing that can come of that is stat padding or an injury.

Have you ever seen a team that's losing at the end of the game take a knee?

It's no different that a team continueing (sp?) to throw when they're down by 3 TDs with 2 minutes left. They're playing for pride, and maybe something that can take into next week.

you must have been playing against him....hes been the Vikes workhorse all year and had a chance at a easy score. I think its a great that the coach let him have it. You have obviously never played or coached this game

Have you ever seen a team that's losing at the end of the game take a knee?

Yes I have, plenty of times. Teams take knees or just run it into the pile and let the clock run out so they don't get players hurt whne the game is out of reach all the time. That is not the same as throwing when down 3 scores with 2:00 minutes left. 2 minutes is enough time to score and get an onsides. ONE SECOND is not enough time to score twice..

Look, I'm not saying that they definitely shouldn't have run it, and I understand my view point is skewed. The point is though that the game was over and that TD meant nothing to the Vikes beyond making the score look better or padding Taylor's stats. For me to say they were stupid for doing it would be ridiculous, for you to say every team would do it is just as ridiculous.

you must have been playing against him....hes been the Vikes workhorse all year and had a chance at a easy score. I think its a great that the coach let him have it. You have obviously never played or coached this game

If you reread my posts, you will see that yes I was playing against him, I never hid that. All you are doing it proving my point, the ONLY reason you do that is to pad his stats. That pisses me off, i'm sorry you get your panties in a wad over what pisses me off.

Yes I have, plenty of times. Teams take knees or just run it into the pile and let the clock run out so they don't get players hurt whne the game is out of reach all the time. That is not the same as throwing when down 3 scores with 2:00 minutes left. 2 minutes is enough time to score and get an onsides. ONE SECOND is not enough time to score twice..

Look, I'm not saying that they definitely shouldn't have run it, and I understand my view point is skewed. The point is though that the game was over and that TD meant nothing to the Vikes beyond making the score look better or padding Taylor's stats. For me to say they were stupid for doing it would be ridiculous, for you to say every team would do it is just as ridiculous.

If you reread my posts, you will see that yes I was playing against him, I never hid that. All you are doing it proving my point, the ONLY reason you do that is to pad his stats. That pisses me off, i'm sorry you get your panties in a wad over what pisses me off.

playing ###### football with your fat buddies on thanksgiving doesnt count

He did run into the pile...they were on the 1/2 yard line...ive never seen a team give up and take a knee...thats weak sauce....quitters..looks like you the one with your panties in a wad.. :angry: ..

LMAO... :P ...at you!!

Yes I have, plenty of times. Teams take knees or just run it into the pile and let the clock run out so they don't get players hurt whne the game is out of reach all the time.

Instead of running it into the pile, Taylor jumped over the pile. Not really much of a difference. :angry:

My last point on this, seriously. Let Taylor, Mckinnie, or Hutch tear an ACL on that meaningless play, now fast forward to next week and give Childress the same option and tell me if he doesn't think twice about taking a knee. on a play that means nothing.

I'm not calling them Bush league, or crying bullshit or writing in all CAPS about how Childress is an a-hole. It simply pissed me off. Is getting mad not allowed anymore? :dunno: ;)

My last point on this, seriously. Let Taylor, Mckinnie, or Hutch tear an ACL on that meaningless play, now fast forward to next week and give Childress the same option and tell me if he doesn't think twice about taking a knee. on a play that means nothing.

I'm not calling them Bush league, or crying bullshit or writing in all CAPS about how Childress is an a-hole. It simply pissed me off. Is getting mad not allowed anymore? :dunno: ;)

Taylor, McKinnie and Hutch could have all torn their ACL's walking into the lockerroom at halftime, does that mean that they shouldn't go into the lockerroom. Again the reason you run the play is so your team can see that you never quit, carry momentum into the next week, etc. I don't like the Vikings and I'm not a Miami fan, but I did not question one bit why they ran the play. Getting mad is allowed, but I think you are getting mad for the wrong reasons, fantasy football does not equal real football mentality.

Taylor, McKinnie and Hutch could have all torn their ACL's walking into the lockerroom at halftime, does that mean that they shouldn't go into the lockerroom. Again the reason you run the play is so your team can see that you never quit, carry momentum into the next week, etc. I don't like the Vikings and I'm not a Miami fan, but I did not question one bit why they ran the play. Getting mad is allowed, but I think you are getting mad for the wrong reasons, fantasy football does not equal real football mentality.

great reply... :blink: ...exactly what I was getting at, but I am to much of a sarcastic pr!ck sometimes

For someone who has 11,000 posts, that's as idiotic a post I've ever read. This is the pros. People don't just lie down especially when they're down. When I think of it, we didn't just lie down even in pop warner.

Well done jackass.

For someone who has 11,000 posts, that's as idiotic a post I've ever read. This is the pros. People don't just lie down especially when they're down. When I think of it, we didn't just lie down even in pop warner.

Well done jackass.

Ok Nimrod, thanks for your useless reply. :dunno:

There was 1 second on the clock, not 10, not 1:00, 1. I had zero issue with them not lying down and going for a TD on that last drive. If Taylor had scored on any previous play i'd have just been upset my opponent got points. With 1 second left, down by more than a TD, there is absolutely zero chance to win. At that point IMO you are simply padding stats. I've seen the argument of momentum, but I don't buy it. Scoring a TD against a D that knows you can't beat them in a game you've already lost isn't worth carrying over. I personally didn't like the move, and that is obviously compounded by the fact that it went against me in a key fantasy game, I have admitted that multiple times. Coaches do it a lot, yes, but those acting like no NFL team has every taken knees when down multiple scores in the final seconds to avoid injury are not watching the same NFL I am year after year. :bench:

OB1, are all of those other teams at the 1 yard line, with an obvious easy and realistic chance at scoring? I have seen teams just run out the clock when they are down, but most definetly not when they are at the 1. If you've seen that let me know when and who, I'd love to look back at that game.

OB1, are all of those other teams at the 1 yard line, with an obvious easy and realistic chance at scoring? I have seen teams just run out the clock when they are down, but most definetly not when they are at the 1. If you've seen that let me know when and who, I'd love to look back at that game.

That's a fair point, and I can't say I remember an instance at the 1. Thanks for at least admitting you've seen other teams do it at all. To me, I just don't see what they gained by it aside from making the score look better and getting Taylor a TD? Whatever though, it really isn't worth this much effort to argue about. I had honestly dropped it until hotgumbo decided to call me a jackass over it. :pointstosky:

everyone bitching in this thread is probably playing against C. Taylor

No offense, but I think i've stated about 4 times now that I was playing against him and that is the chief reason it pissed me off. :clap:

OB1, I think the problem people have is that you're bothering to complain about this on a message board. Seriously, this is part of the sport. As you've admitted, you've never seen any team losing take a knee at the 1 yard line, even with one second left. I seriously seriously doubt any coach would ever do that. Whether it's silly or not is another question, but that's just the way things are done. He's not the first to score a garbage time td and won't be the last. Next time keep the complaining about something not so out of the ordinary off the board and you won't get the crap that has been thrown at you on the thread. Just food for thought. Not trying to start anything here, no name calling or anything like that, but if you complain about something like this on a message board, you are asking for the types of responses that you received.